Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a Definite improvement over the dx 11. That thing looks like absolute ass and look what that sells for on the secondary market.
It might not be perfect but it’s a solid investment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know who created this sculpt?

View attachment 421249

Its by someone called Sensation Matt.

matt.jpg

I still think it's a ridiculous price for a small scult. But if people have massive amounts of of disposable income to throw around fair enough. I suppose in that scenario I may pick one up myself.

Better than paying thousands for one though like so many people pay for Adams.

Last edited:
Thank you, really like the sculpt.

I already have the prime 1 and enterbay version of the joker so if I were to buy a custom sculpt he should have a unique/vivid expression.

Why is it taking so long for Hot Toys to show us the finalised product of this figure?

Yeah usually Hot Toys posts them up on their Hot Toys facebook page confirming final product. Not seen that as of yet.

I think the only saving grace for those whom really hate the sculpt is that Hot Toys, neither on Instagram nor Facebook, posted ANY photo of the Joker, so it may be it's because they have changed it and want, when they release the final product photos, for people to see the changes, if any. Otherwise, I have no idea why they chose not to show any photos of it at all.

I think the only saving grace for those whom really hate the sculpt is that Hot Toys, neither on Instagram nor Facebook, posted ANY photo of the Joker, so it may be it's because they have changed it and want, when they release the final product photos, for people to see the changes, if any. Otherwise, I have no idea why they chose not to show any photos of it at all.

I’m not even sure that could be the reason. I’m concerned in why JLA wasn’t shown. It was basically a ignore of DC during the SDCC and ACGHK. I think hot Toys is waiting to release the joker figure so people get all excited and not notice the headsculpt isn’t as good as it should be. Which will eventually get lost in the fighting among collectors “ don’t like it don’t buy it” bla bla bla instead of uniting and saying hey Hot Toys this isn’t good...

Don’t get me wrong the figure will sell out, but that’s because collectors don’t have a choice really... they need a companion piece for TDKR batman :/

Don’t get me wrong the figure will sell out, but that’s because collectors don’t have a choice really... they need a companion piece for TDKR batman :/

Which is similar to this figure. Excellent until you get to the sub standard head/cowl so in that way they are a good match lol.

Ehh, I don't think Hot Toys is really a company that is one to listen to the buyers... otherwise they would have gotten a different sculptor. I mean, Heaths' face is extremely subtle, in my opinion they should have gotten the sculptor of Leto's versions. They captures his subtleties perfectly, the cheek bones etc. So you'd think after all these years with people complaining about her sculpts they would have changed, but nope.

I mean, the way I'll look at it is, yeah the sculpt might not be 100 percent Heath, however, the paint work and overall look will hardly be matched by anything else, so as a representation of him as The Joker in TDK, it'll do for me, especially as I don't own one.

Although at the same time I still share some disappointments, the sculpt should have been better, it should have utilised PERS, it should have came with a secondary JOKER sculpt, it should essentially have been the 'flagship' 1/4 piece.

HT nailed the likeness on Keaton(in the cowl) and Nicholson first time. Same story with Batfleck and Leto but they always seem to have struggled with Ledger and Bale.

Um, they have so NOT struggled with Christian Bale. His headsculpts are pretty damn good,
both the young and the older versions.

Just to be clear I'm talking about the cowl not the unmasked sculpts. The QS001 is far to elongated and most of the 1/6 scale ones are off. The cowl on the QS009 is their best effort. It's very good although the mouth plates and eyes don't match Enterbay's accuracy.

The two 1/4 scale unmasked heads are impressive. They do continue to get his eye colour wrong though.

It's just a shame that if they were doing these 10 years after the films' release then you would imagine they'd put a lot of care and love into it. I'm hoping the materials and tailoring will be phenomenal, I'm dissappointed by the stand and the horrible plastic bits sticking off the sides, also that the secondary sculpt wasn't a different Joker face. They should have done what they did with the DX Jack Sparrow, PERS, two differences face sculpts and an interesting base.

I think the problem is this had so much potential. However still hyped AF to get this!

Back