Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this released overseas?

It has but only in very small numbers. For some reason it's taking secret base an age to get the next batch out.

Dean Knight mentioned yesterday his will finally be sent from Hong Kong on Friday...he usually gets them a few days after they release.

It has but only in very small numbers. For some reason it's taking secret base an age to get the next batch out.

Dean Knight mentioned yesterday his will finally be sent from Hong Kong on Friday...he usually gets them a few days after they release.
It's a long wait...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

By chance did anyone else convert from the waitlist on SS? I got in the waitlist for the collectors edition months ago and just last week I was able to get on the waitlist for the exclusive. I just got a notification a few minutes ago that my spot for the exclusive converted which I paid. Kind of sucks though because I already paid in fill for the non exclusive through Maybang because I didnt think I'd be able to get an exclusive this close to the "release". [emoji19]

I got to say I'm not too impressed with the way the joker looks right out of the box. I don't feel like I'm blown away by it.

Well it will be great to see deans full review. Still looking forward to getting this in.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ok, it’s not all bad. I thought the extra time was because Hot Toys was improving the sculpt...guess not. Anyway, looks good with weapons and coat on in certain poses, like Dean says. Tailoring of shirt and vest looks nice too.
Extra head gives opportunity to customize paint app with a custom artist. I would give it a 7/10. I am being generous. No lower than a 5/10 but definitely not 8 or higher.

If they'd made a better job on the hair it would have been so much better. Also incredibly lazy to use the exact same sculpt on the exclusive head.

Still looking forward to mine if KG Hobby ever send the damn thing.

I'm in agreement with Dean Knight in that this release is a step backwards...the PERS system should have been a given...as well as rooted hair. And again i'm still not seeing a whole lot of Ledger in that sculpt...

All the accessories do look great but damn this could/should have been so much more...

I really dislike those signs they put on the front of the base. The top design looks nice. I really hope the signs can be removed without it looking bad. Else I will probably look into making some sort of custom stand.

I’m disappointed to be honest I think it looks ok but I wouldn’t jump over hoops for it.
Like some people have done with the prices on eBay
Also I don’t think HT’s really did a good job on Batman begins 1/4

I’m disappointed to be honest I think it looks ok but I wouldn’t jump over hoops for it.
Like some people have done with the prices on eBay
Also I don’t think HT’s really did a good job on Batman begins 1/4

They were both subpar. Shame the characters were not in avengers I’m sure HT would have brought their A game then.

They were both subpar. Shame the characters were not in avengers I’m sure HT would have brought their A game then.

I thought there had been complaints recent Marvel releases were rushed and sloppy?

Some of the best HT figures ever in terms of quality have come from Suicide Squad, BvS and Justice League so it's got nothing to do with trying harder on Marvel figures.

The Nolan figures have never been that great in sixth or quarter scale. Some they can sculpt well, others they can't. Ledger has always been beyond them and to be fair pretty much every other company to including Prime 1.

Latest email from Sideshow:

We wanted to let you know that the shipment of your The Joker Quarter Scale Figure item will be delayed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Jun - Jul 2019.

some minutes ago I received the same mail. I'm just like mmm ok, I've been waiting for long time so now never mind.

Back