Hot Toys The ALIEN Big Chap... Wooksters review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FACEBOX, you obviously want to fight with me or something man... Or you have a real problem with comprehending the English language. I don't like the tone of your remarks to me, you speak to me as though you know me and what I own, then you write some weird argument around that fantasy. You don't know anything about me. Don't put words in my mouth or try to manipulate the coverversation I was having with Abake about the Giger A L I E N by focusing on elements of what I wrote taken out of context with the rest of what I said. Don't wast your time man, I have absolutely no intention of engaging in that sort of thing with anyone here. If you can't say it without being snide, sniffy, negative, insulting or without barking orders, don't waste your time waiting for a similar reaction from me.

Incidentally, I own all the HT releases is this range, including the variations. Loose feet joints are the only problems I've encountered with some of them. I corrected those problems with the super glue fix that people devised here. I acknowledged that other figures had a greater range of hip adduction.

I collect anything that takes my fancy when it comes to Aliens, Aliens' etc. Stues, figures, arttifacts, you name it. Been an avid collector of all things Hot Toys since the company started distributing their products. I collect because I am!

FACEBOX, you obviously want to fight with me or something man... Or you have a real problem with comprehending the English language. I don't like the tone of your remarks to me, you speak to me as though you know me and what I own, then you write some weird argument around that fantasy. You don't know anything about me. Don't put words in my mouth or try to manipulate the coverversation I was having with Abake about the Giger A L I E N by focusing on elements of what I wrote taken out of context with the rest of what I said. Don't wast your time man, I have absolutely no intention of engaging in that sort of thing with anyone here. If you can't say it without being snide, sniffy, negative, insulting or without barking orders, don't waste your time waiting for a similar reaction from me.

Incidentally, I own all the HT releases is this range, including the variations. Loose feet joints are the only problems I've encountered with some of them. I corrected those problems with the super glue fix that people devised here. I acknowledged that other figures had a greater range of hip adduction.

I collect anything that takes my fancy when it comes to Aliens, Aliens' etc. Stues, figures, arttifacts, you name it. Been an avid collector of all things Hot Toys since the company started distributing their products. I collect because I am!

Tone? But....I'm typing? :confused:
Chillax mang, I never once called you a name.
Too bad you can't say the same, "snide, sniffy, negative, insulting or without barking orders".

The reason I commented and posted the pictures is because of what I highlighted in your post below. I think that's your opinion, but you say it as though it's fact.

Just wanted to add to my other post by saying that the articulation is MUCH better than any previous Hot Toys Alien fig. The range of motion and rotation in the head, the arms and legs bend like no other figure I've seen. It's easily got the best articulation of any figure out there, and it almost perfectly represents the movement and construction of the film suits. It's like a mini Balajio prop to boot!

I don't have any problems with you. I have never met you and don't even know your 1st name. Why would I go out of my way? :monkey3
I was just trying to correct the fact that you said the articulation on the Big Chap was the best, and it is not. :eek:

So go on collecting, posting or whatever....do your "thang".
But don't think that I'm looking for trouble just because I was trying to point something out to you. :peace

Just my observation. WHY would you want to pose the Big Chap like the other Aliens? In Alien, he just popped out nowhere, kinda creeped, or hung from the wall with his tail on backwards. Cool poses though.

I was trying to point something out, but apparently I didn't come across too well. :confused:

Thanks.
I was beginning to think today was "Let's all misinterpret what FACEBOX is saying day".
And let me tell you... it's far from being my favorite holiday. :(

I didnt misinterpret a thing I know exactly the point you were trying to make in terms of mobility. I was just makin an observation, not trying to bust your chops. I guess the self appointed resident Alien experts have to always give there 2 cents.

Im being a ******? Because I gave my opinion?

I didnt misinterpret a thing I know exactly the point you were trying to make in terms of mobility. I was just makin an observation, not trying to bust your chops. I guess the self appointed resident Alien experts have to always give there 2 cents.

Seriously? :banghead

No...not you. Please read the posts.

Nobody was talking about you. :rolleyes:

:horror...............:slap
That comment wasn't directed specifically at you.
Why can't I give my 2 cents just like you are now?
Am I to censor myself when I don't think someone is right?

I understand that the alien doesn't movie like that in the movie, but we were (at least I thought we were) talking about the articulation on ALL HT alien figures.

S21768,
It was a simple comment man. Chill. I wasnt picking sides.

No...you need to chill.

You're assuming that FB and I were talking about you and your comments...WE WEREN'T.

We were talking about Dwibzle and his pointless rant.

No...you need to chill.

You're assuming that FB and I were talking about you and your comments...WE WEREN'T.

S 21768 FB,
Tell you what guys. I dont go on the boards to pick fights or these type of interchanges. Just to read, learn, make a few comments. You win. Im outta here............

ugh-2.jpg

No...you need to chill.

YES.

S 21768 FB,
Tell you what guys. I dont go on the boards to pick fights or these type of interchanges. Just to read, learn, make a few comments. You win. Im outta here............

OMG!
People must simply not like us, so anything we say seems wrong.
I'm not fighting/attacking/assaulting/offending/degrading/violating/dissing anyone. If you think I am, most likely....I didn't mean it that way.

Strewth, there is a lot of 'misunderstanding' going on here.

I think it's a case where we can all agree to disagree (though luckily I'm right about everything... it's official, under laboratory conditions, scientists were able to isolate my 'right gene' and it was proved to be right... which was nice!).

It's like you're talking about a different figure or something man... Have you really got it? You aren't bending the joints anywhere near far enough man. The HT has almost the same basic range of motion as the human skeleton, and beyond in many areas. The head can actually rotate 360° if you carefully manuver it over the shoulders, I just discovered that! Arms flex about 140° from the elbows, knees go about 130° as well, hips are about 110°. The only limits are the 15° leg adduction and 40° shoulder adduction.

I own the Medicom too, and it doesn't have a greater range of motion when I compare them...FAR from it. Anyway, the paint peels when you try to pose it with the same range as the Hot Toys figure, you wouldn't dare keep it in tight poses for long. I was surprised that an expensive figure like this would be painted with the rubbish they used. Very disappointed by that major oversight. It's only a mater of time before I have to paint it, when I do, it will be a similar job as the Hot Toys. Finding the right paint is going to be a pain in the arse. I might just leave it standing straight, still looks cool that way.

The HT rubber suit has very thick pliable rubber that thins out in the abdominal area. The paint is fused to it's surface, almost like it's moulded into it. The arms also have a very solid rubbery feel to them. It's a very, very high quality piece, I think it's easily the best around in it's class. Not a toy for the kids to muck around with that much, no way. I'm in for anything that can improve on the articulation we get here. I feel like it's going to hold up a lot better than the Medicom, without any doubt. Bend the HT ALIEN, it won't break unless you use excessive force. It's a huge improvement over older figures like these. I think they have addressed the problems some people were reporting with previous figures.

You joking about the NECA or what? I think it vaguely resembles that original, I think the HT, Medicom and Sega version cane it in comparison, even though we are talking completely different things here, apples and oranges. The NECA's throat and mouth/teeth details are totally exaggerated and stylised, it's almost pure fantasy compared with most of the others, looks even worse with the mouth closed. Cartoony, but cool. I think it far from the best sculpt out there, look at the photo. The 18" is still a bargain for (as low as) $20! It's a must have. Double check before you buy, the quality on these things is really, really, really dodgy and patchy. That explains the price I guess.

Could you post some pics of the poses you can get the HT Alien into?
I haven't seen anybody manage very extreme poses with it.
To siquisiri's point, not that the alien ever really showed very extreme posing other than balling up, but the argument is about how posable the figure is.

About the paint, HT's also peels off, it's a given with these figures unfortunately.

No, no photos of all the poses it can achieve, that would be a feat in itself! Try some out with yours, it's not going to break or start peeling/sticking. The legs and arms are double/triple jointed, I think you're only going to the first click by what you stated about it's range of movement... Nothing extreme about the poses it's deigned to achieve, unless you consider the basic range of the human skeleton extreme.

None of my HT xeno figures have any paint peeling/rubbing off, only the Medicom. The Medicom is sort of a rock because of it, I'm not game enough to try and pose it much anymore, I already have minor paint cracking and peeling/rubbing around the knees (front, back, sides), hips, waist, elbows etc. Trying to pose the Medicom like the HT will just cause further damage, it just can't handle it. I wouldn't advise anyone to pay retail for it, no way!

The methods of construction HT have used are different than that of the Medicom, it's totally obvious when you handle and pose it, you can instantly see and feel the differences. Apples and oranges man. HT beats Medicom for quality, construction and articulation without any doubt in my mind, it's really obvious. How can you give advice/reviews when you haven't really explored the HT figure... Give it a go man, don't be scared! It's not going to go Medicom on you. :lol

What it IS going to do is fail at the point of most stress to the rubber.

And that is going to be at the knees. So, you can "extreme" pose it all you want.
But, leave it like that and it's going to rip.

Hell, Hot Toys even warns about not spreading the legs too far apart.

Apples and oranges man...apples and oranges.

Back