Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say a DX, but I think a BD figure is certain within 2010, it's just too interesting not to do, but there's as much value to a clean T-800 as BD so they'll do two figures. Someone like Marcus Wright, there might not be enough interest to sell the regular and BD looks so they threw extra bits into one set, but I think people will buy a regular and BD T-800 from T2 easily.

Yes. I am one of those people. :D

I'm in for the complete T2 liscense. 2 T-800s, Sarah Connor, T1K, Endoskeleton redux. Do it! :naughty

Would love a furlong Connor too, but I know that won't happen.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Didn't you accuse NECA of stealing his design from Sideshow?

Yes. I am one of those people. :D

So am I, hell, I bought all 4 NECA figures, which I'm sure someone will say yeah, that's easy at $15 each, but it's not the price, it's the fandom of the character and look. I love Arnold in T2, my favorite Terminator film, one of my favorite movies period, and I loved everything about Arnold's looks in it. I wouldn't go nuts getting every little small variation to him, but an early, pre-cyberdyne look, Cyberdyne mini-gun, and final BD look are all desired figures for me, if I have to buy two of some figure to get those 3 looks, so be it. I want those 3 looks, and especially with the Hot Toys figure, they'll look different enough from each other. I probably wouldn't worry about his semi-BD look between Cyberdyne and the steel mill, but, it would be cool if some figure included the gas grenade launcher, "Here, hold this." The shot of him coming through the doors from the smoke and launching them into the parking lot is awesome.

I never thought I'd say it, but I am SO glad i'm not getting this. WAAy too boring.

I'm all about a full blown Cyberdyne or a DX Version now.

Say it ain't so, Pjam! :(

This currently the number one figure I'm looking forward to in 2010. :rock2

So am I, hell, I bought all 4 NECA figures, which I'm sure someone will say yeah, that's easy at $15 each, but it's not the price, it's the fandom of the character and look. I love Arnold in T2, my favorite Terminator film, one of my favorite movies period, and I loved everything about Arnold's looks in it. I wouldn't go nuts getting every little small variation to him, but an early, pre-cyberdyne look, Cyberdyne mini-gun, and final BD look are all desired figures for me, if I have to buy two of some figure to get those 3 looks, so be it. I want those 3 looks, and especially with the Hot Toys figure, they'll look different enough from each other. I probably wouldn't worry about his semi-BD look between Cyberdyne and the steel mill, but, it would be cool if some figure included the gas grenade launcher, "Here, hold this." The shot of him coming through the doors from the smoke and launching them into the parking lot is awesome.

Thats a fantastic scene!

T1 and T2 are beyond primary to my collecting interests, so, i'm on board for anything. T-800's Sarah, John, T-1000 .............. "ALL" :D

What'll happen to the one in your sig once that happens?

Well, as some of you know it was yours truly who posted the earlier HT T2 T 800 thread, point is I knew they were gonna make a T2 T800 so I sold it to some guy in Germany for a bundle a few months ago. :lol

But I kept the Fat Boy, of course.

Bring on Cyberdyne, BD head, Mini Gun. grenade launcher and don't be skimpin' on the gas pellet gun!

Paul ............. I don't know you anymore. :(

I hope what you're saying is "I didn't know how far ahead of the curve you are" :lol This piece is boring to me, just an updated Sideshow figure, very disappointed. But a Cyberdyne fig or a DX will be THE ONE to get IMO.

I hope what you're saying is "I didn't know how far ahead of the curve you are" :lol This piece is boring to me, just an updated Sideshow figure, very disappointed. But a Cyberdyne fig or a DX will be THE ONE to get IMO.

Nah man, I think you'll reconsider when you see the official pics. :D

Nah man, I think you'll reconsider when you see the official pics. :D

Highly doubtful... I'm not saying it's a bad fig at all. it's a terrific fig but it's just a rehashed Sideshow figure to me. i was looking for something more. So i'll wait because I'm only getting 1 HT T 800 Fig. A V2 Cyberdyne fig with V1 shotgun and shades bought separately is pretty much all I need as i won't be getting a FB T 800 either.

I don't see a DX version happening. I think the whole DX thing has been blown way out of proportion. There's only been 2 so far with no hint of any future ones. HT has to know that they can't got to that well very often. The only reason there wasn't a bigger outcry over Batman and Joker is due to them being TDK related. Anything that brings those fans another Ledger Joker is instantly acceptable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RbL4PwTDsQ

This is one of the most bad ass scenes in movie history along with the music and sound fx's, turn this bytch up with surround sound.

One of my favorite tracks on the score too. Musically, I love the bit playing when the Terminator reactivates inside the steel mill. Some of my favorite score pieces end up being but a few seconds, but they really get to me.

I always thought that was really cool, especially the quality of the effects to add in all those bullet holes.

I always thought that was really cool, especially the quality of the effects to add in all those bullet holes.

T2 was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ahead of its time imo. Even when you watch it today (18 years later) it looks better than most current CGI flicks. The perfect film.

One of my favorite tracks on the score too. Musically, I love the bit playing when the Terminator reactivates inside the steel mill. Some of my favorite score pieces end up being but a few seconds, but they really get to me.

Yup, thats my second favorite part of the soundtrack from the movie.I remember watching T2 back when i was 11 and after seeing the T-1000 lay the beat down, i thought for sure he was finnished then he revives to turn the tide, this movie had me on the edge of my seat pretty much all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back