Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
01151.jpg

So much for the Sideshow exclusive rosebox. :lol

So why not get both?

Why settle for less? As cool as this guy is, it's likely I won't be parting with my SS version (yes, I know it's not HT quality, but I don't care). So given that, rather than buy HT's version of what Sideshow's already given us (save the reveal arm), I'd much rather have a version on par with the Marcus figure and with what comes with this version, it's obvious that there's another version with battle damage (probably both minor and major) right around the corner. I'd rather have that.

Why settle for less?

Not settling for less. It's the Terminator and has everything he needs. It's a almost perfect representation of him turning the corner to blow away the T1000 at the start and stepping out of the elevator to rescue Sarah.

A figure doesn't need to come with everything under the sun.

If a battle damage version comes along, so be it. I'll buy it as well.

And you edit your posts too much . . .

Not settling for less. It's the Terminator and has everything he needs. It's a almost perfect representation of him turning the corner to blow away the T1000 at the start and stepping out of the elevator to rescue Sarah.

A figure doesn't need to come with everything under the sun.

If a battle damage version comes along, so be it. I'll buy it as well.

And you edit your posts too much . . .

I looked at that and thought I should explain why I think it's less. :lol

I don't understand the rivering in here now, look how many stupid Iron Man's Hot Toys made and people buy them up MKII and MKIII etc and the new stuff coming..Terminator stuff blows Iron Man movie crap out of the water, this is the line i will buy multiple versions of the same character(like the IM fans did with HT) because this figure is actually from a good movie that stood the test of time.

I don't understand the rivering in here now, look how many stupid Iron Man's Hot Toys made and people buy them up MKII and MKIII etc and the new stuff coming..Terminator stuff blows Iron Man movie crap out of the water, this is the line i will buy multiple versions of the same character because its actually from a good movie that stood the test of time.
The Iron Men are a good comparison.

I don't think that's necessarily fair. Iron Man spanked T2 at the box office to the tune of almost $60,000,000, doing 3x as much in it's opening weekend alone. There's also significant differences between the MKI, MKII and MKIII. More than say, the T-700 & T-800. :huh

I don't think that's necessarily fair. Iron Man spanked T2 at the box office to the tune of almost $60,000,000, doing 3x as much in it's opening weekend alone. There's also significant differences between the MKI, MKII and MKIII. More than say, the T-700 & T-800. :huh

There is much more differences in stages to how the T-800 looks through out T2, these are the multiple figures i will buy, clean and battle damage, final battle etc..not MKII silver and lets add some bolts,MKIII ok no bolts and add some "hot rod red":rolleyes:,then release that same figure but even better and IM2 is around the corner and the suit in that has very minor differences in appearance to the last movie.I am just not a fan really of the Iron Man movie and could care less what it took in, i found the movie quite boring compared to T2 and was no where close to having a soundtrack that could even rivial T2.

You can't compare a 20 year gap for box office. Adjusted for inflation, T2 made $635,354,298 world wide compared to Iron Man $585,133,287

But the agreement was on comparing the Iron Men figures to this T2 T800. There are seperate clean and a battle damaged Iron Man.

You can't compare a 20 year gap for box office. Adjusted for inflation, T2 made $635,354,298 world wide compared to Iron Man $585,133,287

But the agreement was on comparing the Iron Men figures to this T2 T800. There are seperate clean and a battle damaged Iron Man.

I understand that. But to that effect, I doubt it'd be as successful if released today (should we compare Iron Man with T3? or TS?). As far as the figures go, there'll be 2 different (possibly 3) versions of this T-800. Then repeated with just outfit changes for T3's T-850 with additional battle damaged variations to include likely a cemetery version w/bullet holes and exposed chest and potentially a final battle version (ala Marcus' BD head).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back