Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, a TT with either add on bits like the new one given out as a prize with some upper body add ons too like Medicom uses, or a rubber shell over a regular torso like Wolverine are the best options for this figure, a body like Dutch's would unnecessarily reduce articulation for an aesthetic you'd hardly ever have on display.

It's no different from Dutch. I've got mine displayed with the shirts on, as he appeared earlier in the film.

Merry Christmas, fellow dorks! :joy

Says the man with the itchy sphincter for Luke. :lol

I was just discussing if it's on a muscular body, which it might be, but I'm not in favor of it being one, without question if it is I'll swap him onto a regular TT and just not use the endo exposed arm.

It's no different from Dutch. I've got mine displayed with the shirts on, as he appeared earlier in the film.

I think it is different, Dutch is probably 50/50 how people want to display him, some prefer this look.

arnie.jpg

Unless you're going to do him pre-clothes, there's no point in T2 where you see any of his body but his arms other than in the garage taking the bullets out.

I think it is different, Dutch is probably 50/50 how people want to display him, some prefer this look.

arnie.jpg

Unless you're going to do him pre-clothes, there's no point in T2 where you see any of his body but his arms other than in the garage taking the bullets out.

Not too sure about that. I've seen more pics with the shirt on.

I display mine with the undershirt on... but with the T-800 Arnie is only shirtless during the opening sequences, so there's really no aesthetic need put him on a rubber body..... perhaps a standard TT with added bulk to the chest, maybe like the thigh snap ons incl. with the HT Christmas gift???.... the arms might be another story though.

I think we are getting the Dutch torso and arms, and one modified arm obviously.If he was on something thinner, he would not look right displayed with HT Endoskeleton.I think from the pic so far, its the Dutch body but, if its not even better.

Even if they choose too, for options with the design of the figure, it made sense because the vest only look, or even no vest, was a significant chunk of his screen time and all of his closest interaction with the Predator. My point is, there was a potential need for having the body look good underneath with Dutch because it is a look from the film, but the Terminator doesn't have shirtless or upper body exposed scenes after he acquires clothes, so other than a completely original, custom idea, there's no need for collectors to be able to display him shirtless and look good.

I display mine with the undershirt on... but with the T-800 Arnie is only shirtless during the opening sequences, so there's really no aesthetic need put him on a rubber body..... perhaps a standard TT with added bulk to the chest, maybe like the thigh snap ons incl. with the HT Christmas gift???.... the arms might be another story though.

That's how Medicom does it. When I broke my Wolverine body I found out, it's a basic RAH and there was a piece that hung on the shoulders filling out the traps, back shoulders and pecs bulkier than the skinny RAH to make Wolverine look more muscular. It seems like a simple enough concept.

That's how Medicom does it. When I broke my Wolverine body I found out, it's a basic RAH and there was a piece that hung on the shoulders filling out the traps, back shoulders and pecs bulkier than the skinny RAH to make Wolverine look more muscular. It seems like a simple enough concept.

Definitly.... It's going to be a few weeks till we get some better photos, till then it's going to drive me crazy. I wonder what the likelihood of swappable arms would be?

I think we are getting the Dutch torso and arms, and one modified arm obviously.If he was on something thinner, he would not look right displayed with HT Endoskeleton.I think from the pic so far, its the Dutch body but, if its not even better.

There may be more truth to that than you think. With how easily Dutch's arms pop out, that makes sense for the reveal arm.

I also think that it will be a Dutch body (or very similar) with a swap out arm. I would prefer a new plastic buff TT, but I dont foresee this happening, especially if the April release is to be believed.

Definitly.... It's going to be a few weeks till we get some better photos, till then it's going to drive me crazy. I wonder what the likelihood of swappable arms would be?

Well, really, for the Endo reveal, you don't need a swappable arm, just the forearm, and you can easily do that, they've done it before, the BD Predator 2 had 2 left arms that came off at the elbow joint for full arm or severed. Ideally, a posable TT with swappable forearms would be how it's done, but I have a feeling it's likely to be Dutch body.

Well, really, for the Endo reveal, you don't need a swappable arm, just the forearm, and you can easily do that, they've done it before, the BD Predator 2 had 2 left arms that came off at the elbow joint for full arm or severed. Ideally, a posable TT with swappable forearms would be how it's done, but I have a feeling it's likely to be Dutch body.

I fear it's gonna be the Dutch body as well, although Arnie was not that big in T2.

How f'kin big were that man's arms! :lol (probabaly still massive to this day!)

Arnie is a Legend, not just for being the best action hero ever but for the way he took care of his body. Legend!

Anyways...I'd be happy with the dutch torso, but not the arms. I'd prefer plastic arms on the dutch body just for the articulation. We need him to be able to grab all his weapons with 2 hands! Plus, rubber body arms aren't the most reliable joints going are they?

Duhh, thats right..i mentioned that in earlier posts.I really really hope we get a new body that has more articulation, would love to pose this guy with two hands on the shotgun.

would love to pose this guy with two hands on the shotgun.

And have it look natural, it's really tricky to pose Dutch holding his gun two-handed and look proper/natural, I manage it but I also stretch his arms to a point I feel like they might snap part of the gun off pulling it in opposite directions. I want to be able to pose T2 like the NECA figure, that first encounter with the T-1000 look.

Dutch body would have a hard time, if even possible, getting this pose.

10.jpg

Looking at the promo though, looks like that elbow's sculpted which means it is an entire arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back