1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the comparison pictures and I can't tell the difference in the troopers. They all look the same to me.

That would have been kind of cool. Alas, no such luck. Apologies for the low quality pic.

View attachment 470213

This says: "Replacement needed"

Well, now you can choose how you want to paint it... :yess:

In fact you are not wrong. A skilled painter can make the frown look more like ROT than the finished version we all got

Stormtrooper ROTJ helmet 13.jpg

I got the Sith Trooper nameplate on mine

Join the club. What a simple error.....and the stupid hassle to now get it swapped.

I was surprised, so many people got a SITH trooper stand...I had only one in 12 figs from the same 2 cases, was sure I would have a lot once I found one.

One of my ROTJ Stormies had an plaque with some kind of a rub/oxidation on it. My distributor replaced it.

Just gotta say I'm really loving these guys more than I thought I would. Hoping for an ROTJ Vader to be revealed in the next year or so.. hard to resist not picking a couple more of these up. So fun to pose!

Had a $25 coupon and a few RPs I used for a deluxe which makes it $226 shipped. Not bad. I really like the Death Star wall base on this.

Man, some of the pics in here are really making me want to order this again. Even though the ANH Trooper might be the slightly better design, there's just something about the green lenses on this one that I really love...

Man, some of the pics in here are really making me want to order this again. Even though the ANH Trooper might be the slightly better design, there's just something about the green lenses on this one that I really love...

Yeah that?s what made me get this one. Love the green lenses. It just adds more to the character than just white & black. I wouldn?t mind adding a little more weathering to it but we?ll see.

I had been thinking of getting one deluxe to have the backdrop with the Solo one but then saw on FB that they're kind of different color greys which sucks.

I want another backdrop but don't need nor have the room for another stormtrooper.

Markets still strong for the stormtrooper itself.
I got another deluxe for the backdrop alone & selling the rest on eBay.
Ended up costing next to nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excuse my ignorance, but recently I sold all my first order stormtroopers, and plan on coming back to collecting a few "select" figures from the star wars franchise; particularly, Mandalorian, Heavy Infantry Mando, and rotj/anh/ro stormtrooper.

My question is, whether or not, the rubber black suit used in the first order troopers (fat suit), is it the same inner suit used for the OG storms troopers? I know that the first order troopers had very limited articulation, so I'm a little concerned about that.

Thanks!

Excuse my ignorance, but recently I sold all my first order stormtroopers, and plan on coming back to collecting a few "select" figures from the star wars franchise; particularly, Mandalorian, Heavy Infantry Mando, and rotj/anh/ro stormtrooper.

My question is, whether or not, the rubber black suit used in the first order troopers (fat suit), is it the same inner suit used for the OG storms troopers? I know that the first order troopers had very limited articulation, so I'm a little concerned about that.

Thanks!

Original stormies have fabric under suits...so there's lots more articulation...

Thanks!

Original stormies have fabric under suits...so there's lots more articulation...

Matrix is correct and having both, the OT stormies are way easier to pose. The new RotJ versions are possibly even slightly easier than the ANH ones. I've acheived some good dynamic poses with those, but my FO ones are very hard to do much more than a museum pose. You can't bend FO arms like this.

Well, finally got my ROTJ Stormtrooper!

Due to lack of funds, I had to pass on the original ANH ones, so I just had to get these guys (will be getting a second one shortly) even though I don't really like the ROTJ style.
I've just started to transform this trooper into a ANH one, using HT ANH chest, abdomen and crotch armour that I bought loose, and Sideshow shoulder bells that will be repainted and customised. I'm also considering repainting the Sideshow belt, as I find that it fits better than the HT one (besides, I prefer the holster on the left, which also makes sense for the blasters).

Anyway, the figure is great, beautifully done. I was surprised at all the little changes the have been done to how the armour fits and is put together from the ANH ones. A bit annoying, as the abdomen part is actually glued together...

Back