1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered 3 from Timewalker for just under $550 shipped :yess:

3 for the price of two. You really have to wonder - what on earth prompted this pricepoint? You start to question why others like Royal Guard and Tarkin and Gunner couldn't have been $189.

My fav will always be the original. My fav stormie as a kid was the one who greets the scanning crew -- he looked mean on screen and sounded cool to me. You know, when you're young you have to pick your favorite of everything.

:lol

I have many issues with ROTJ and the knock-off quality of the once menacing stormtroopers is one of them. But something strange inside me wants one goofball 'Jedi'-trooper just to have in the back as a gag. He'd be the "can I play too" trooper.

Yeah, I'm getting one too - but as I mentioned,I just wish these reminded me more of ROTJ than RO. These look more like they're ready to take on the Space Taliban on Jedha, not the Ewoks on Endor.

And yeah, I never saw SW on the big screen as a kid - ESB was the first time I ever saw a SW film on the big screen (the asteroid chase was the "opening shot of star destroyer" blown-away moment for me.) So maybe that is it.

A whole generation of kids growing up loving the ST stormies is a bit sad though.:lol

Are they reusing some armor parts aside from the helmet/chest from the other releases? The wall thing is a reissue from the ST Han too, so could be a lot of reused parts + no headsculpt (Tarkin) + no softgoods (guard) + they're gonna sell a lot more of these than other releases. It's like the price of Jedi Luke, would've been easy to justify $245 or more but they sold a ton of them.

The back of the hand guards are ROTJ oriented from what I remember; I don't know what hand guards the RO Troopers used.

I have the 2 pack set from the first release, so don't really need these, but would like the DS panels. I might just wait and hope for an eBay coupon around release and hope to get one or two under MSRP and then sell the troopers.

A whole generation of kids growing up loving the ST stormies is a bit sad though.:lol

Imagine what the next generation will have to bear. The trilogy after the trilogy. The one where stormtroopers can no longer be called stormtroopers because its not PC anymore to reference Nazi past into kiddie shows.

Imagine what the next generation will have to bear. The trilogy after the trilogy. The one where stormtroopers can no longer be called stormtroopers because its not PC anymore to reference Nazi past into kiddie shows.

:rotfl

The more I look at these, the more they resemble the Rogue One stormies. They are a sort of hybrid of ROTJ and RO.

It's an amazing price though - who would have believed a SW 1/6 fig below $200 in 2018?
Most of the Troopers have been reasonably priced. I can’t believe how much they add for the Death Star backdrop/base though. It’d be great to get a couple of those but so much.

I dunno, I think we're already there. Bland carbon copy SW films are the least of our problems. Social media's outrage machine is literally destroying the social fabric.

Most of the Troopers have been reasonably priced. I can’t believe how much they add for the Death Star backdrop/base though. It’d be great to get a couple of those but so much.

Yeah, what it comes out to $50 extra? It's cool but not sure I need it. I assumed it was maybe $30 extra. Kind of weird that a fairly simple accessory is almost 1/3 the cost of a whole figure.

Are these the troopers that got their asses kicked by 2' tall teddy bears?

Or the troopers that got their asses kicked by a blind man with a stick and a small woman with a baton. Not sure which is worse.:lol

I have two of those backdrops from stormie Han. They are pretty nice, but I have a few hangups...

They are best when lit up and I never turn them on because they are in a detolf.

I want my ROTJ Stormtroopers on Endor so these guys will probably hang with the Scouts, meaning I would have to donate these to different figures.

Lastly at $50 a pop you can be well on your way to getting Joost's Death Star detolf setup which is way better.

Can't wait to have a new Stormie to stand next to my other Stormie! They're going to look so good all lined up next to Vadie, Chewie, Hanie, Lukie, Snowie, Royalie, Kenobi-ie, my Fetties and so many more!

3 for the price of two. You really have to wonder - what on earth prompted this pricepoint? You start to question why others like Royal Guard and Tarkin and Gunner couldn't have been $189.

It is definitely lower than I would have guessed. Better yet because Timewalker knocked a few bucks off each figure and ship orders over $350 for free. Two of the deluxe from Sideshow with their shipping extortion will run you almost the exact price as three of the basic version from Timewalker.

Hope the Death Star Trooper is next. I wonder if they would do a basic and deluxe with the control panel? Based on what we saw here I'm guessing the panel will add a good bit to the cost. I'll be more than happy to pay up if it happens!

Ordered 2 regular ROTJ Stormies, no need for that backdrop.

Yeah, what TurdF said - that it's really something that needs to be lit up - is true, and the reality is, you never do it.

I'm just going to grab the two singles. Super interested to see in-hand pics of this figure.

The backdrop might be nice, but unfortunately I don't have the space, plus I read about its shortcomings. Wish I had space for large dios, because I'd go for Jazz dioramas. These 2 Stormies will most likely be displayed next to the SSC Scout and speederbike. After that, I'll wait for HT to make a proper Scout figure too.

The backdrop might be nice, but unfortunately I don't have the space, plus I read about its shortcomings. Wish I had space for large dios, because I'd go for Jazz dioramas. These 2 Stormies will most likely be displayed next to the SSC Scout and speederbike. After that, I'll wait for HT to make a proper Scout figure too.

What are the shortcomings?

The backdrops are great unlit as well imo. And you can’t expect a $50 piece of plastic regardless of what it is to compare to Joost’s dio’s. But they are a fraction of what his will cost you.

The backdrops are great unlit as well imo. And you can’t expect a $50 piece of plastic regardless of what it is to compare to Joost’s dio’s. But they are a fraction of what his will cost you.

I also think that these are good enough as a budget solution (from KGHobby they are even only $37 each).

I don't have a Detolf. So a Detolf diorama from Jazz won't fit. And his other deluxe dioramas are just too expensive for me.

I also think that these are good enough as a budget solution (from KGHobby they are even only $37 each).

I don't have a Detolf. So a Detolf diorama from Jazz won't fit. And his other deluxe dioramas are just too expensive for me.

Yeah that’s a good price for them. And I feel exactly the same about his dio’s. They are incredible but you can get multiple figures for what they cost.

If I had space I'd go for Jazz dios, yeah they are expensive, but if you want the best, there you have the option. I was never a fan of HT stands, neither of their backdrops, but no one so far makes 1/6 transparent/clear base stands, similar to old Medicom ones, stand which won't distract from the figure itself.

Back