1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi - EXECUTIONER TROOPER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy pass.
I've yet to buy anything HT from the new trilogy, and I doubt I ever will. Just not interesting enough.
Only got a duck trooper and Kylo from the Black series, and age them away to my son.

I do like their design, but I'll pass for now. I'll wait until the giveaways or when they're like 120 each lol. I'll wait to see them in the film.
Depending on what they do in the movie, I'd be more interested in getting a Praetorian guard.

All that said, the changes on the helmet from TFA to TLJ are a huge improvement. I'll probably buy a few loose heads eventually to swap my TFA ones.

I own more TFA stuff than I had intended. Got a bit caught up in the hype early and later the slashed prices of the goods. I like specific stuff about the movie enough to justify it I suppose, but I would probably do it differently now. My intent this time around is to stick with the dark Luke and scarred kylo. We will see.
I enjoy the film enough that I want figures from it, but just am focusing on the main characters. Even then I've been picking and choosing just certain ones. I've only got Finn, Han, and Rey (Resistance version). I want Kylo still because I want a version of him with the helmet. Also want BB-8 but not necessarily the other Rey so I'll probably see what gets made from the new film. Luke I'll probably get eventually.

I only got Kylo and Jakkutrooper from TFA...

I just didn't like the other offerings.

I would like a Rey, but hope the new one will be the correct height. I will likely wait on her for her final trilogy outfit.

I really have no interest in Finn or Poe at this point. I would like that to change.

If I get old man Luke, it will all depend on what they do with him in this one. I did not get Old Han.

I will likely get Snoke to go with my Kylo.

Oh wow I didn't initially catch that. Thanks for pointing it out.

I was scrutinizing photos to be sure then noticed someone else mention it here.
I did not know that. That makes me feel better. Last thing I want to see happen is Hot Toys end up as a big box store bought toy. Can only imagine the quality would drop.
If it's like the previous TRU HT exclusives: The Force Awakens "Squad Leader" Stormtrooper and the Rogue One "Jedha Patrol" Stormtrooper, this should be available to buy from Sideshow for us here in the US and Europe. I believe Popcultcha is the exclusive retailer in Australia.

I think it looks pretty cool. I really like that there's a newly developed body and under-suit with improved articulation. I have the Jakku and Riot Stormtroopers from TFA, and this one should make a great looking trio in my opinion.

And I think they're definitely cutting the edition sizes down on these TLJ figures. I guess we'll see by how fast they waitlist and sellout though.

looks pretty cool, but will probably wait till other figures are anounced. i'm hoping for a Phasma with a G. Christie headsculpt.

Maybe Christie isn't under the helmet -- she's just the voice like JE Jones.

Maybe Phasma is an alien. Or maybe she's just an empty suit of armor, manipulated by Snoke to march around. Or maybe its a cameo for Kathleen Kennedy.

Or maybe its a cameo for Kathleen Kennedy.

Would be a fitting character for her to play. Perhaps they can sneak George in there to play an aging Jar Jar so Phasma can seek him out about advice about how she can redeem herself after the TFA debacle.

Maybe Christie isn't under the helmet -- she's just the voice like JE Jones.

Maybe Phasma is an alien. Or maybe she's just an empty suit of armor, manipulated by Snoke to march around. Or maybe its a cameo for Kathleen Kennedy.

You sure about that Wor-Gar or just kidding?

8c22d91656d2ad9bd9e63655715fadba.jpg

4fa48e4693a9b72dbec25ec6faff158a.jpg

9591f035cfea3c46afa18024859bd1dd.jpg

:lol

No, I know she's literally under there. AND she's the voice. But I guess I should have said maybe she's not the face of Phasma like David Prowse isn't the face of Vader.

Collectors have such literal minds.

Wait, isn't David Prowse the face of Vader?
b31b4d84ef2ac38617cf6528d600e731.jpg

[emoji6][emoji12]

How many people did it take to make Vader:

James Earl Jones - voice
David Prowse - body
Old Man Shaw - movie face
Hayden Christiansen - movie youth

That kid if you count Anakin

Another body if you count Rogue One

You forgot Jake Lloyd. [emoji3][emoji6]

See above, adjusted while you were writing.

But Jake was Anakin... I was counting only Vader. Currently 5 people to "play" Vader in the films thus far.

Would suck for Gwen to have to wear that suit and be the voice only to be replaced digitally to be an alien. I'd prefer it though.

We can also add:

Bob Anderson - OT double
Daniel Naprous - RO Vader reshoots (apparently most of Vader's scenes)
Spencer Wilding - RO Vader

How many people did it take to make Vader:

James Earl Jones - voice
David Prowse - body
Old Man Shaw - movie face
Hayden Christiansen - movie youth

That kid if you count Anakin

Another body if you count Rogue One

Rogue one Vaders:
Spencer Welding and Daniel Naprous.

Back