1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

I suppose it's fitting that the worst character ever introduced into Star Wars gets one of the worst ever HT sculpts.

2223EA61-1851-49E2-9868-E0E774831ECB.jpeg

After such a stellar Kylo Ren release last week, it is a shame to see the Hot Toys ST line end with such a disappointing sculpt as this.

It's a sad state when not even the photoshop master bloggers can make this look good. From the mannish Hilary Swanky looking portrait to the oversized stitching and mismatched whites on the outfit, this is a sad release that screams just wrap this line up and move on.

They wasted seamless arms on this but couldn't include them with Endor Leia? Heck, even the lampshade droid looks cheap.

I'm truly sorry for any sequel trilogy fans that were awaiting this. Looks awful. Real stumble from HT here.

Oh man. I had high hopes after they revised Kylo from perfectly good to exceptional. Now I feel like Rey just looks worse. The nose is too big, the jawline is all wrong, the forehead is too angular, the ears are too noticeable from the front, and the hair is too tight. Rey's hairstyle was a bit looser and bigger in the film. It's like they get worse and worse with each Rey they release.

View attachment 512932
What you order vs. what you get.

Wow. I'm fine sticking with the TVC version and calling it a day.

How bad this looks I?d have much preferred they just reused the Force Awakens one, sure they?d have taken **** but heyyyyyy 2 extra sabers!!!!

DR probably didn?t approve an exact likeness.

How can a company that makes a perfect Holland not make an accurate DR but make DR look like Holland lol

That?s probably where their budget went

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a sad state when not even the photoshop master bloggers can make this look good. From the mannish Hilary Swanky looking portrait to the oversized stitching and mismatched whites on the outfit, this is a sad release that screams just wrap this line up and move on.

They wasted seamless arms on this but couldn't include them with Endor Leia? Heck, even the lampshade droid looks cheap.

I'm truly sorry for any sequel trilogy fans that were awaiting this. Looks awful. Real stumble from HT here.

I?m still getting mine. If the headsculpt bugs me I?ll just get a custom one.

Honestly I think people should wait for the reviews to decide whether or not to get the figure. If you hate the head that much, just get one from a third party

Wonder if anyone better at me could photoshop this... but I think this sculpt would look okay if either the brow wasn't so furrowed, or they narrowed the eyes a bit. It just kind of looks like her eyes are way too open since naturally your eyes squint a bit when you're angry.

Wonder if anyone better at me could photoshop this... but I think this sculpt would look okay if either the brow wasn't so furrowed, or they narrowed the eyes a bit. It just kind of looks like her eyes are way too open since naturally your eyes squint a bit when you're angry.

I think it will look better in person. The Star Ace Bride figure is another story. That looked WORSE

Hard to see there?s more outrage here on Rey?s head sculpt than Ahsoka?s... Daisy?s features are very subtle so not nailing it I can see but Rosario has such strong, prominent features that idk how they fumbled the ball there.

Then they say ?StiLl LoOKs LIkE AHsokA? ?I cAn LiVe WIth iT? [emoji2955]

If I wanted a generic Ahsoka head I?d get the CW one -_-

But for Rey ?it?s foul, terrible, a travesty, awful, horrendous, repugnant?, etc.

Lol

giphy.gif

The sculpt is okay you just hate the character and the film, the sculpt is soo much better than TLJ's figure. I joined this chat to get information and i only found a pair of angry monkeys.

Back