1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the TLJ sculpt. I don?t get the issues with it, and I?m usually pretty picky about that kind of thing (kept me from picking up Obi-Wan).
Regarding ROS Rey, they?d definitely need to tweak the hell out of that sculpt and add Leia?s saber and her yellow saber for me to consider picking this up.

I love the TLJ sculpt. I don?t get the issues with it, and I?m usually pretty picky about that kind of thing (kept me from picking up Obi-Wan).
Regarding ROS Rey, they?d definitely need to tweak the hell out of that sculpt and add Leia?s saber and her yellow saber for me to consider picking this up.

TROS Sculpt is far more better than TLJ one.

That's the same sculpt, just with more lens distortion since the camera is closer, he posted that right after the figure was announced. Certainly looks better though, hopefully that's closer to what we see in hand.

Well it could still be good news if it is the same sculpt. I feel like his pictures of TFA Han were way better than their promo pics, and the final result was more somewhere in the middle of the two.

Yeah I suspect even without any changes it'll look much better in hand, like they nearly always do.

Anyway, even though I've sorta moved on from the ST like everyone else, yesterday I decided to go ahead and order that Jazzinc Sandspeeder for my Scavenger Rey. As the $350 price was just too good to resist, and I still remember how cool the figure looked on the HT version.

At 24 inches long it's definitely going to be a huge sucker though. :D

1e82fed6-a6f2-4dda-ad55-6fea6c663c7b.jpg

I've been considering getting that too. Great price, though I'd like to see how it'll look finished. I'm always a sucker for the big items (speeder bike, Yoda hut, Jazz's Hoth environment) but then find I have nowhere to really display them quite to my liking.

I'm hoping the sculpt ends up looking better in hand. Looks great in that video from JC Chong, and in some of the promo shots (but definitely not all).

And Dave, that JazzInc speeder is fantastic! I was/am SO tempted to order, but I'm really torn about whether I'm going to enjoy having such a large piece for the long term. I mean, it's actually not that big, really, so it's not so much about not having the space. And the price is surprisingly very very fair, IMO. And I do so love the design of the speeder.

Anyway, congrats on ordering the speeder! I'm jealous!

Yeah I don't see space being quite as big an issue with this one, given it's much more narrow and vertical than something like a Landspeeder. So I should be able to just display it up on a shelf along the wall. I already know there won't be room with my other SW figures, since it's pretty crowded there as it is. Lol

I can't even say it's one of my favorite SW designs, but it still seems like something that would make for a pretty cool display either with the figure riding it or standing in front.

I really hope they add some extras to this piece or at the very least her final saber

Sent from a point in space and time.

I really hope they add some extras to this piece or at the very least her final saber

Sent from a point in space and time.

They added the lightsaber to TFA Rey after the movie came out. So there's hope they will do something similar here.

They added the lightsaber to TFA Rey after the movie came out. So there's hope they will do something similar here.

That usually happens at a short time after theatrical release. Considering 9 months passed after TROS, I find it unlikely.

They went on preorder. So, they'll definitely see the light. The question is when?

Back