1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FACA481F-F29E-4739-B03F-20CDB2A91D1C.jpeg

To be honest I am more worried about that seamless body.

But overall a buy for me I think, since I also preordered Kylo.

Looking forward to see the reviews.

Looks much better in the new shots. I agree the overall package looks pretty good. But I also agree with yy0925 that those seamless arms are a huge potential problem.

Let me ask this: has there been a seamless body from Hot Toys that HASN'T been a problem? Or is it really just like one in a few hundred that gets torn and those are the ones we hear from, but most are just fine?

I didn’t do anything crazy as far as posing, but as far as I know my Resistance Outfit Rey is perfectly fine still. I had her in the arm extended out holding the lightsaber hilt pose for a long time. She’s in the box now though.

My Leonidas remained perfect for years but I eventually sold it.

Catch was I never posed him always arms down and my room was climate controlled no humidity no direct sun dusted every week.

TROS Palpatine???[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) These are blogger photos, they use what they have in had, nothing is ever teased or revealed in them.
2) That's probably just the lightning effect from Dooku or the ROTJ Palpatine.

Too bad, the extra sabers would've been cool but I can't justify the purchase with that sculpt :(
200.gif

I think where the sculpt fails is along the jaw line and the nose bridge between her eyes. I'm more concerned about the body, tbh. I hope the skin tone matches the TFA Rey body (I have an extra) but it may be a bit more on the tan side.

Ah well. All paid 'n ready to receive.

If the arms decide to start flaking and peeling then I'd probably put it on a new body and just wrap the arms up to the elbow to hide the joints, not screen accurate but neither is her face.

I'm really starting to think those ears are the biggest problem, as once you cover them up most of the pics suddenly look a lot better.

Daisy has some pretty normal ears, so not sure why HT tried to turn her into some weird looking elf this time. Lol

pmpapyn6tgh41_1.jpg

I'm really starting to think those ears are the biggest problem, as once you cover them up most of the pics suddenly look a lot better.

Daisy has some pretty normal ears, so not sure why HT tried to turn her into some weird looking elf this time. Lol

View attachment 512919

They kind of stick out in that picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8cce278ad9b8805c98660e2e76564475.jpg

063378c22014cb0b7003ea4b6a61a9f5.jpg

I truly don?t understand why the Skywalker saber has two hilts
What do you mean the Skywalker saber has two hilts?

Wow, I didn’t really notice but you’re right. Her ears stick out a lot on the sculpt

Really impressed that she has all three sabers. I mean she should have, but she wasn't advertised as such. So I'm glad to see that they included them.

I may buy her now, despite having the TFA and TLJ versions.

Yeah the ears aren't helping, would be easy to heat up and push in a bit and probably why the likeness improves with the helmet on.

Back