Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your body transfers have me convinced that I need my other TK to migrate to a TrueType Slim. :) [...]

There's another option...today I had a few minutes in the morning and ground down the stock bodies so that the arms can rest more naturally at their sides.

Sure enough, they look much more natural that way. The main issue with those is the torsos have big lats and pecs. I essentially made them less buff and it worked well.

I haven't got time to post another round of photos but will when I get a chance.

I didn't save an images, so you'll have to go back in the thread to see them. Maybe do a Google Image search on this thread.

Searching with this: "site:https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/star-wars-action-figures Hot Toys bespin luke stormtrooper"

Finds you this:

10987682_942931959051752_8947106156925096738_n.jpg

Thanks Pixelpiper. I see what you mean, the neck part looks a little too big. I've seen members do some great mods around here (which HT and SS should take a note of) which I don't have the skill to do. Guess I'll wait for the eventual release of the disguise figures.....hopefully we get them in the next 3 years.

I'm afraid regarding my budget because when the regular Stormtroopers will be sold out, HT could start making them again, but this time with Stunt helmets. They already have the Stunt sculpt from Sandie, just apply Stunt TK markings and you have a new Stormtrooper, which is not the Hero we already have. Then they can make ESB Stormtroopers (almost identical with ANH, but with some differences though) and later ROTJ (quite different from ANH and ESB). If they do all these they can say they are not releasing the same figure. And our budgets will be gone like the wind.

I'm not sure HT could convince a large enough number of people to jump in on the minor variations in straight Stormtrooper armor from one movie to another. That level of commitment to the franchise and collecting goes far beyond what they've been asking of people with the different Iron Man armors (those are supposed to be different, while the differences in Stormtroopers is purely a props/hand-building/continuity issue).

More Sandtroopers with different colored pauldrons, different backpacks, weapons and weathering is a more palatable proposition.

I'm sure HT will milk this sculpt dry. On the other hand there were only 3 Sandtrooper pauldron colors. Different weathering could be though.

I'm not sure HT could convince a large enough number of people to jump in on the minor variations in straight Stormtrooper armor from one movie to another. That level of commitment to the franchise and collecting goes far beyond what they've been asking of people with the different Iron Man armors (those are supposed to be different, while the differences in Stormtroopers is purely a props/hand-building/continuity issue).

More Sandtroopers with different colored pauldrons, different backpacks, weapons and weathering is a more palatable proposition.

I'm sure the market could bear a new batch of stormies every year. There are enough new collectors for that and what does any new collector want from Star Wars? I gurantee that the stormies or derivatives thereof are in the top four or five. Just call them stunt, ESB and ROTJ and the people who can't tell the difference are perfectly happy and the rest of us are too. Win for everybody but most of all for HT.

I can't beiieve I forgot the stunt variant in the Sandtrooper thread. :slap

I expect the current Stormtroopers to still be available at the end of the year, so if that happens would you anticipate them announce another (identical to most people) Stormtrooper in the meantime? Maybe they'll do every variation, it just doesn't seem like a good business move unless it's spaced out like a re-issue - and even then, sales will drop compared to the first edition, as new buyers and variant collectors won't be able to make up the difference versus first-time buying with the original wave.

We'll see how it shakes out, but if you want a HT Stormtrooper, I'd recommend getting one of the figures from this set. ;)

If you are right I might get a couple more. For now I pre-ordered the two-pack locally (EU) today to secure a reasonable price, at least by european standards.

If you want to army build maybe you'd prefer them to be as similar as possible anyway. ;) I'm not a variation collector and I don't trust HT (or Sideshow if it were them) to get the subtleties correct anyway - there are already enough details that deviate from the ANH helmet and armor in this first release.

Recently pulled out my Stormtrooper Commander by SSC and man, it just looks bad next to the HT one. Spent an hour trying to pose the guy and it just needs to go back in the box. And Gezzus, the body is super floppy...like a helicopter....

gonna EBAY his ass I think....

You should give him away to a good foster home.

Coincidentally, I just opened Mr. Piper's Home for Wayward Imperials.

You should give him away to a good foster home.

Coincidentally, I just opened Mr. Piper's Home for Wayward Imperials.

Yeah, just need to get a decent camera phone......when I try to sell them here, 99% of folks want pics (and understandably)....I've been threatening to 'ebay his ass' since I got him...lol

I'd love HT to do a 501st EU version....I'd drop money on that variant, esp with a HT paint job.....!

Nice pics.
Not sure I'm getting another but getting Space and Sandy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back