Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hear hear! Came home today to find my POS had fallen over again. Had to bite the bullet and use the stand for him, and I hate stands. Ruins the illusion. Stupid floppy rubbish SS bodies.

HT ST can't come quick enough.

Mine has fallen a couple of times since taking the stand away too, have now taped the ankles until I can find a better solution.

Well, the Sandie Corporal I used to have was floppy as buggery. I kept it set up on my desk for a few months before I got rid of it - on the stand.

I thought it was cool that way, till I took the figure down one day to dust.. & the feet were stuck to the ****ing stand, & a bit of the logo had come off. :lol

I just got an e-mail fro SS saying that they had charged me two $20 non-refundable deposits for the two individual HT Stormtrooper orders that I placed. What the hell? I don't recall seeing a NRD on these figures and placed the pre-order as soon as they were available. Why would this come up now? Anyone else get this e-mail?

Edit: Just checked the sales page for this item. I don't see anything about a NRD.

Edit #2: Just realized that it was my own stupid mistake. Read the disclaimer about multiple orders requiring a deposit. Stupid.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that policy has always been there. It's to discourage people from ordering multiple items if they're unsure about whether or not they'll actually pay for them. It's reasonable, especially at larger quantities.

Anyway, I think it looks great, but I gave up a long time ago believing that anyone would ever obtain complete accuracy with any 1/6 figure. At the end of the day, no one is going to mistake this or any other 1/6 Stormtrooper for anything else.

They could if they scan the real deal, scale the digital model and then print it.

RotJ to the left and ANH to the right:
64losbX.jpg

Last edited:
Anyway, I think it looks great, but I gave up a long time ago believing that anyone would ever obtain complete accuracy with any 1/6 figure. At the end of the day, no one is going to mistake this or any other 1/6 Stormtrooper for anything else.

Thought the same thing, so I'm sticking with my vintage Kenner 12".:lol

My Sideshow Stormtrooper is fine... but he can't hold a pose for long, has crappy brittle armor, is difficult to move without unsettling the armor, and doesn't look all that "real". Other than that, its a fine figure.

Can't wait to replace with HT.

My Sideshow Stormtrooper is fine... but he can't hold a pose for long, has crappy brittle armor, is difficult to move without unsettling the armor, and doesn't look all that "real". Other than that, its a fine figure.

Can't wait to replace with HT.

I concur. Luckily I sold my SS Ex Stormtrooper for $200. last year, prices will surely only go down. Marmit and HT is the way to go for troopers.

They could if they scan the real deal, scale the digital model and then print it.

RotJ to the left and ANH to the right:
64losbX.jpg

This pic shocks me. Both look great, but at first glance I prefer the RotJ helmet. I have always been 100% sure, I was a supporter of ANH designs. I'm probably a closet Ewok lover as well. :(

I guess to me there's not enough difference between the two that I really care I guess. I just want a few Storm Troopers and maybe a Scout Trooper or two for my collection. I wish I had gotten a Snow Trooper but maybe Hot Toys will revisit it as well as a Sand Trooper.

I guess to me there's not enough difference between the two that I really care I guess. I just want a few Storm Troopers and maybe a Scout Trooper or two for my collection. I wish I had gotten a Snow Trooper but maybe Hot Toys will revisit it as well as a Sand Trooper.

I have about 5 sand troopers 3 ss and two marmit with a mix of sideshow the desert sands shoulder rank pauldron

Back