Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe stormtroopers would have better aim if they used the stock more.

34558402266_4593a1b79d_o_d.jpg

As far as yellowing, during certain times of day I've wondered about that but apparently it's just lighting. Playing with it now I don't see any signs of it. Weird.

Maybe stormtroopers would have better aim if they used the stock more.

As far as yellowing, during certain times of day I've wondered about that but apparently it's just lighting. Playing with it now I don't see any signs of it. Weird.

Did they ever use the stocks in the movies?

During the scene in Rogue One when the troopers surround Chirrut, one of the troopers is aiming by holding the magazine. It didn’t help his aim I guess? LOL

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-12%20at%2011.36.04%20AM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

During the scene in Rogue One when the troopers surround Chirrut, one of the troopers is aiming by holding the magazine. It didn’t help his aim I guess? LOL

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-12%20at%2011.36.04%20AM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I think I've seen a real Sterling fired like that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gone off these Stormtroopers - the most wonderful figures I owned at the time I got them and now I look at them (I have two tall ones) and they suddenly look clunky instead of iconic. I've never been a huge fan of armored or trooper figures anyway, with ANH Stormtroopers being the exception, but now I think these guys are goners as far as my collection is concerned. In fact the only thing making me hold on to them is knowing how hard they'd be to replace. Anyone else suddenly find themselves 'turning' against a figure like this or am I just nuts?

I've gone off these Stormtroopers - the most wonderful figures I owned at the time I got them and now I look at them (I have two tall ones) and they suddenly look clunky instead of iconic. I've never been a huge fan of armored or trooper figures anyway, with ANH Stormtroopers being the exception, but now I think these guys are goners as far as my collection is concerned. In fact the only thing making me hold on to them is knowing how hard they'd be to replace. Anyone else suddenly find themselves 'turning' against a figure like this or am I just nuts?

Sometimes you need to live with a figure for a while to see if it really resonates.

Is it the character design itself you've gone off, or just the Hot Toys interpretation thereof?

Sometimes you need to live with a figure for a while to see if it really resonates.

Is it the character design itself you've gone off, or just the Hot Toys interpretation thereof?

I love the character design - I just find the HT version a little clunky.

I will say that after getting a couple Rogue One troopers, the ANH stormies look a bit less impressive in comparison. Some of the details on the Death Trooper and Shoretrooper are just really sharp. If push came to shove though I'd be getting rid of those before the Stormtroopers. Curious how the ROTJ versions will come out.

I really like the Rogue one troopers. The amour accuracy is excellent and they have more of a "man in a suit" appearance compared to the OT Hot toys troopers. Unfortunately the OT troopers have quite a few accuracy flaws that have been debated about numerous times in this thread. I'm hoping one day Hot toys will go back and make a truly "screen accurate" OT trooper, but it's a massive long shot at this stage.

I love the character design - I just find the HT version a little clunky.

Yeah. I think that like their less-than accurate human head sculpts, the sheer quality and finish of the OT stormtroopers carries them a long way. They are inaccurate, yet their quality was unquestionably the best; for me they were the best combination in a series of trade-offs. They were than supplanted by the OT Sandtrooper, which was that much closer.

For screen accuracy I prefer the Rogue One stormtrooper release and it's what I settled on, with the understanding that this isn't what we saw on screen for the OT but I'm okay with that.

I really love this figure.

I find it interesting how you keep using the word clunky to describe them. I find if they were to make more screen accurate troopers they would be way more clunky looking. If anything the ones we got are an idealized version of the suit.

Actually I forgot to add, there are subtle differences between the ANH HT helmets and the Luke-in-Disguise helmet, which is just a touch higher and in my opinion, looks a little better if you're psycho-OCD like me. ;)

I really love this figure.

I find it interesting how you keep using the word clunky to describe them. I find if they were to make more screen accurate troopers they would be way more clunky looking. If anything the ones we got are an idealized version of the suit.

Please don't expect me to make sense! I want them idealised and screen accurate, obviously. :wink1:

Some great responses - thank you. I wonder if Han Stormtrooper will be a little sharper or just use the same moulds?

BTW I appreciate the PM's offering to buy these but I'm not a Premium member and if I do sell them it'll just be through eBay. Thank you again though.

I feel like that with my Predators some times.

This is such a dangerous hobby. I have three of the OT Stormies and love them, but now reading some of the posts above a crack of doubt has started...

Haha. Thanks, Internet. :gah:

I still haven't even taken my HT 2 pack Stormies out of the brown shipper box. I very much need to get going on my guest room renovation. I need more Detolf cases..... & a wall.

Personally I'm not convinced by the RO Stormies. HT just needs to release a set of ANH or ESB Stormies using the stunt helmet from the Sandies.

Back