Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first I suspected it was a Rogue One trooper as well, but given the backdrop and the fact that Rogue One troopers don't have holsters, it must be an ANH re-release/variant.

The weathering on the boots in interesting. Death Star troopers were immaculate, so I am guessing these were modeled after the few regular troopers on Tatooine (which makes the backdrop even more odd).

Edit: Never mind, it looks like it is Rogue One.

At first I suspected it was a Rogue One trooper as well, but given the backdrop and the fact that Rogue One troopers don't have holsters, it must be an ANH re-release/variant.

The weathering on the boots in interesting. Death Star troopers were immaculate, so I am guessing these were modeled after the few regular troopers on Tatooine (which makes the backdrop even more odd).

I could see the Tatooine connection, but I'm sticking to Rogue One. Curious about the holsters, I hadn't noticed that. Note that the E-11 also looks different.

Rogue One troopers seem to be taller and "lankier." I think the helmets are a bit smaller and it throws off the proportions.

And the tops of the helmets are more squared off, like ROTJ troopers.

Donnie-Yen-fights-Stormtroopers-in-Star-Wars-Rogue-One.jpg

No, the RO troopers have the same hand guards as the ANH troopers.

Really? Then it must be an Endor-weathered ROTJ stormy. Boots or not. I haven't watched ROTJ in a while, so can't recall if we saw some tan boot-soles there -- I think I may have seen some 501rst reference material to that effect, but my memory fails me.

*Of course, it may just be a quirk of the prototype.

This one is kinda ugly, so maybe it is ROTJ after all. But if it's Endor, what's up with that base?

Seems to have wider shoulder bells if that means anything to someone.

Back