Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you try putting LEDs only around the perimeter? The issue with too much strip is that you're creating hot and cold (shadow) spots because of the way the strip is positioned.

I'd second bransen's recommendation, paint the inside white. And if those bosses (stand-offs) in the middle aren't needed, cut them out too.

I took your and bransen2099's advice and changed it up a bit, it looks much better. I removed the stand-offs and instead of painting a lighter color, I glued aluminum foil to the bottom. I also recut the sheet under the grate from a thinner sheet of styrene.

20150506_134556.jpg

20150506_134653.jpg

Those mods look great ZE_501 . I don't suppose you have any photographs of the modded bodies before you re-dressed them at all please? They look really natural.

The funny thing is I have 2 extra DLT-19 rifles that are in the box, besides te ones held by SSC, Marmit and Medi Sandies. But no rack, nor an intention to get one, due to lack of space.

Those mods look great ZE_501 . I don't suppose you have any photographs of the modded bodies before you re-dressed them at all please? They look really natural.

Hey thanks. Ummm...other than a shot of the shoulder/arm graft I posted back in this thread somewhere, no...I actually got these done in between work and running around. I'm often attached to my phone so it makes it look like I have more time than I actually do to document this stuff. That said, I will be adding some permanent padding to key places beneath the body suit, so I'll do a better job photographing when I break them down again.

There is a trade-off here: I do think they look more natural and screen-accurate this way, but the stock bodies need less futzing to re-pose. These aren't too bad, but take a little extra work because the wonkiness I built in with these mods is of course intentional.

The single most important thing is getting those arms tight to the torso; stock cannot do that. It also helps that the legs can be brought together if need be now, and the hips are generally a little more square, which gives them a more solid-looking stance, i.e. the pull of gravity is more apparent.

Beautiful pics ZE, excellent job. They look like guys in suits.

Thanks! That's what I'm after!

I made some changes to the helmet of my HT Sandy conversion to get it closer to a Stunt example. I extended the frown and opened the eye holes somewhat.

[...]

That's what I like to see, relentless tinkering! :yess:

That's what I like to see, relentless tinkering! :yess:

Your body transfers have me convinced that I need my other TK to migrate to a TrueType Slim. :) They look fantastic.

I've stripped, modded and repainted my SS sandtrooper's armor and put it on a slim, and I really like the look. He has HT hands and boots. The helmet is still a WIP, hence his headlessness. :)

SSCTD11.jpg

Attachments

• SSCTD22.jpg
    SSCTD22.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 483
Back