1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper ...

Yes, technically it's "X-wing Pilot Ground Uniform". Just like his "Ceremonial Outfit" is just standard-issue Rebel gear.

Well yes, I guess, but I was thinking more how the outfits seem to be named after the first planet they appear in, like Tatooine or Hoth, but the fatigues spend a long time in Dagobah before they get anywhere near Bespin, so why aren't they called "Dagobah Fatigues"?... and why is Han's Bespin outfit called the Bespin outfit when he dawns it in Echo base and spends most of the movie in his Falcon with it on? Maybe it should be called the Falcon outfit?

Seems if it ain't snow gear (Hoth) then its Bespin clothing. Except Leia, who continues to have her clothing called Hoth. :dunno

Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper ...

Well yes, I guess, but I was thinking more how the outfits seem to be named after the first planet they appear in, like Tatooine or Hoth, but the fatigues spend a long time in Dagobah before they get anywhere near Bespin, so why aren't they called "Dagobah Fatigues"?... and why is Han's Bespin outfit called the Bespin outfit when he dawns it in Echo base and spends most of the movie in his Falcon with it on? Maybe it should be called the Falcon outfit?

Seems if it ain't snow gear (Hoth) then its Bespin clothing. Except Leia, who continues to have her clothing called Hoth. :dunno

Main reason for all of this is because that's what Kenner decided. But there is an internal logic to it all. Leia had a different Bespin outfit (so Hoth is needed to clarify since we only see her with one outfit on Hoth--even on the Falcon she has the escape outfit on at the end).

On Dagobah Luke wears the snowspeeder outfit first and of course the Bespin outfit, but then he starts disrobing for Yoda, so it helps clarify that it's not Dagobah training Luke with half his clothes off. Then he puts the flight suit on again. Again like Leia on Hoth at least on Bespin he only wears the one outfit, so it's crystal clear which one is being referred to.

Yes, I guess it came down to what was easiest from a toy marketing POV. Gotta keep it simple for the masses.

Kenner even had to come up with the name "Lobot" cos "Lando's Aide" just wasn't catchy enough.

How did they even come up with Lobot...? He's a robot with a lobotomy: Lobot.

A child can have a toy of a man who's been given a lobotomy so he'll be a better servant, but a girl in a skimpy slave outfit is an outrage...? :slap

How did they even come up with Lobot...? He's a robot with a lobotomy: Lobot.

A child can have a toy of a man who's been given a lobotomy so he'll be a better servant, but a girl in a skimpy slave outfit is an outrage...? :slap

Lucas was the wordsmith genius. It's not hot it's cold... add an h and it's Hoth. It's not a robot it's L-obot. He's so Greed-o.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper ...

Yes, technically it's "X-wing Pilot Ground Uniform". Just like his "Ceremonial Outfit" is just standard-issue Rebel gear.

Oh, and for any Aussies who are wondering, Popcultcha have confirmed they're getting Stormie Luke in. I'm gonna risk waiting for their preorder.

Thanks for that. It should end up cheaper buying from them, but just depends on how much extra they will add for it being an exclusive item.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

but then he starts disrobing for Yoda.

Great mental image there.... I think he took his clothes off because it is hot and swampy on Dagobah but maybe I missed something...

So i guess i was right about these being limited to 600. I just can't remember if it was 600 plus whatever little bit SSC got, Or if it was 600 per show. I can't remember or translate. Whatever the case it's 600 something.:)

11220127_915844398453889_1247958950399333537_n.jpg

Prolly per show and it'll be every show and a couple new ones with the excess from each show going on ebay later.

Sounds about right. I remember the Superman III from last year lasting about a month or two at SSC. I would think this will be a tad more popular.

The translation from the Hot Toys Secret Base Facebook page:

Annual Hong Kong animation video game Festival will be held again in the month, while much anticipated Hot Toys Limited were also held today during the 2015 Festival began accepting Toy Hunters VIP and member of the Secret Base came Hong Kong Hot Toys Shop Secret Base reservation and non-VIP customer registration online!

Reservation details are as follows:
Toy Hunters VIP及Secret Base會員:
-From July 10 (Friday) July 16 (Thursday) to a Secret Base for the reservation procedures
-VIP and Member only ordering each venue limited product set, full payment required in the Secret Base booking amount

Non-VIP (online registration booking limited each 600):
-From July 10 (Friday) July 12 (Sunday) 20:00 register online (online registration link: https://bit.LY/ht2015toyfairexclusive)
Once-only registration per person, you must fill in all the correct data before entry into force
-Hot Toys will be chosen by lottery and notice email to successfully obtained orders qualify eligible customer

-The customer is required to specify the time to a Secret Base to pay the full amount
-During the 4-limited edition collector's Doll during the Festival will be notify by SMS, and pickup arrangements within the Secret Base
Registration-limited time, ending only if registration number far exceeding the expected number of online registration service will end prematurely without notice

Tips:
-Hot Toys will be on or before July 14, by drawing lots elected and to order the Animation Festival email notification success during qualifying non-VIP customer-related information.

-If registered online during your subscription limit eligible non-VIP customer fails to specify date and time to visit the Secret Base to pay the full amount, you may authorize a third party agent ordering procedures. Authorized person must present a valid authorization letter, registration copy of my identification document and print the confirmation letter Secret Base or will contact the Subscriber to check the data.

-Hot Toys limited product launch during the 2015 Festival date of 2015 the 3rd quarter, the Division will be notified by SMS on order of the customer to the Hot Toys official store-Secret Base to get arrangements.

-These activities depend on the circumstances in which, if there is any change, the Division will be announced at a Secret Base within the Facebook page without prior notice.

-Hot Toys Limited and Secret Base reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the above activities, if there is any dispute, the company reserves the right of final decision.

Back