Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He seems unhappy for what you did to him.

Those eyes look like they are sliding off of his face :lol

:lol

Mission accomplished:

50278294322_e27061dae5_c.jpg

Can you share side, back and 3/4 views of carved head?

I didn't take any other photos of the head.

Because it's soft rubber it was easy to cut up. I lined it up alongside the Han sculpt and cut in a similar pattern. To get it into the hair I cut the top of the head completely off, leaving only the initial curve of the forehead. Then I found I had to cut the back of the head off to get it far enough back into the hair, so I was left with a three sided sculpt.

The cup that holds the neck peg obviously fell out as it was no longer attached to anything, so I fixed it with an epoxy type glue to the back of the face. That meant I could fix the sculpt securely to the body. The hair and helmet then plugged down tight, but not glued as I didn't want to damage any of the Hot Toys parts.

This wouldn't be so easy if your donor sculpt is a regular hard plastic, since there wouldn't be as much give and your cutting would have to be more precise.

Congrats Asta!

That is a very interesting Qi-ra you have.

Incidentally, there is a green scarf around Han's neck, and I see yours has dipped below the collar line, that's why so much neck is showing. Mine had the same issue. Grab a pair of tweezers and pull the scarf up higher along the collar and that should hide the neck very well.

I didn't take any other photos of the head.

Because it's soft rubber it was easy to cut up. I lined it up alongside the Han sculpt and cut in a similar pattern. To get it into the hair I cut the top of the head completely off, leaving only the initial curve of the forehead. Then I found I had to cut the back of the head off to get it far enough back into the hair, so I was left with a three sided sculpt.

The cup that holds the neck peg obviously fell out as it was no longer attached to anything, so I fixed it with an epoxy type glue to the back of the face. That meant I could fix the sculpt securely to the body. The hair and helmet then plugged down tight, but not glued as I didn't want to damage any of the Hot Toys parts.

This wouldn't be so easy if your donor sculpt is a regular hard plastic, since there wouldn't be as much give and your cutting would have to be more precise.

Thanks a lot.

Congrats Asta!

That is a very interesting Qi-ra you have.

Incidentally, there is a green scarf around Han's neck, and I see yours has dipped below the collar line, that's why so much neck is showing. Mine had the same issue. Grab a pair of tweezers and pull the scarf up higher along the collar and that should hide the neck very well.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to see if the scarf's in there. It must be buried deep as nothing showed when I pulled the plastic neck protector out.

Qi'ra is just the very cheap Hasbro figure that I repainted, and used electrical tape to cover the skirt joints.

I bought two of them in a local supermarket. The first was ?5, and the second only ?2.50. It's a case of any port in a storm when it comes to figures from Solo. She happened to be precisely 1/6 scale, which was either a lucky accident or good research on Hasbro's part.

The head from the second one became Velma Dinkley...

49586276983_b8e287d88c_o.jpg

That Scooby display is awesome... and that Qi-Ra head works great.

I can see the army green scarf peeking out of the collar in your two Stallone head shots, just need to pull it up.

Love the Scooby display. I?m also strangely attracted to Velma and now feel uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Scooby display is awesome... and that Qi-Ra head works great.

Thanks!

It's a Mr. Z Great Dane. I painted the collar, and painted the 'SD' tag on a 1x1 Lego tile.

Wor-Gar said:
I can see the army green scarf peeking out of the collar in your two Stallone head shots, just need to pull it up.

I see it in those photos as well now.

The scarf is a second inner collar, like the top of a shirt collar. But at the moment I can't get it to stay where I want it because the neck pushes it back down again.

I'll keep working on it.

Love the Scooby display. I?m also strangely attracted to Velma and now feel uncomfortable.

:lol

Velma in the live action movies was way hotter than Daphne to be fair.

:lecture

My Mystery Inc. girls are a crossover from the cartoon to the Scooby Apocalypse comic book, in which they have to arm up against real monsters!

The scarf is a second inner collar, like the top of a shirt collar. But at the moment I can't get it to stay where I want it because the neck pushes it back down again.

I'll keep working on it.

Yeah, you may need to pop off the neck again as the scarf may be pinched by the plug and held down.

I'll keep working on it.

Yeah, you may need to pop off the neck again as the scarf may be pinched by the plug and held down.

I struggled with that inner collar as well. The neck on mine wasn't pushed in all the way, so when I was initially taking his head off, the neck came off with it. When I put the neck back in, it pinched the collar down. I popped the neck off again and tried to hold the collar up while pushing the neck back in, but easier said than done. I ended up doing what Wor-Gar suggested and pulling it up with tweezers, but it was a struggle, especially since I didn't want to damage the collar, or the neck for that matter. I did what I could, but I think there's still a little bit more that could be pulled up. It still looks a little shorter than how it does in the promo shots. Definitely helped though, and you might have better luck.

Great Q'ira and Scooby gang!

I struggled with that inner collar as well. The neck on mine wasn't pushed in all the way, so when I was initially taking his head off, the neck came off with it. When I put the neck back in, it pinched the collar down. I popped the neck off again and tried to hold the collar up while pushing the neck back in, but easier said than done. I ended up doing what Wor-Gar suggested and pulling it up with tweezers, but it was a struggle, especially since I didn't want to damage the collar, or the neck for that matter. I did what I could, but I think there's still a little bit more that could be pulled up. It still looks a little shorter than how it does in the promo shots. Definitely helped though, and you might have better luck.

I've messed with the collar again and again. I've got it so it isn't pinched, and pulled it as high as it will go, but it's only a little higher than it was in the 'First Mud' photos. It's stretchy, so you can pull it up, but it goes back down again. I think it's as good as it's going to get.

Mad Old Lu said:
Great Q'ira and Scooby gang!

Thanks!

Awesome work Asta! You should start a Qi'ra repainting service for us talent less board members :wink1::pray:

Back