Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone tell me if the capes worn by most Mimban Stormtroopers are the same as the Mudtrooper one? ...I think there are two different ones, a green and a black, but want to know if the MT cape can be used for a Mimban ST.

The actual prop wardrobe used is a replica of Russian sniper ponchos. They are readily available on ebay, I would recommend getting one of those. It hangs better, longer and can be shaped differently than the Hot Toys mudtrooper cape. There are two colors a darker green and a graphite.

I have been dying both with Rit charcoal to achieve good coloring. The Russian poncho comes green so a little die goes a long way of getting that dark green color. A full dye gets a nice graphite color.

Straight from the troops. Always pick up interesting things of the costuming from these threads.

Linky -> https://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/topic/15613-solo-mimban-trooper-crl-development/page/2/

Last edited:
The actual prop wardrobe used is a replica of Russian sniper ponchos. They are readily available on ebay, I would recommend getting one of those. It hangs better, longer and can be shaped differently than the Hot Toys mudtrooper cape. There are two colors a darker green and a graphite.

I have been dying both with Rit charcoal to achieve good coloring. The Russian poncho comes green so a little die goes a long way of getting that dark green color. A full dye gets a nice graphite color.

Straight from the troops. Always pick up interesting things of the costuming from these threads.

Linky -> https://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/topic/15613-solo-mimban-trooper-crl-development/page/2/

Thank you! Can?t find any on eBay at the moment though. I?ll try again :)

Got this one in today :)
528ef3bef66e8c64b5d1619b32943cd0.jpg

E2C8F2BD-B3C0-4983-BD98-BDAC08ACBEB4.jpg

Love these two! They go together being non episodic figures. Probably my favorite Stormtrooper, just waiting on the Mandalorian any day now I hope.

Attachments

• C15EB54E-2CF5-464B-AF46-9023F385CFD9.jpg
    C15EB54E-2CF5-464B-AF46-9023F385CFD9.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 246
  • E1A4B0E9-977E-4036-BADF-230D87DB9DF9.jpg
    E1A4B0E9-977E-4036-BADF-230D87DB9DF9.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 246
  • A3D818C1-86B6-4098-92CF-71B2841BDF25.jpg
    A3D818C1-86B6-4098-92CF-71B2841BDF25.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 242
Some great pictures in here. Finally had a chance to pop the box.

Wow...I can see why this figure is getting such high marks....it's fantastic!

SOLO-MUDTROOPER-001.jpg

The portrait is the same as the "standard" brown jacket version (with slightly darker hair) it does look great. I wish HT could have provided an alternate portrait with a different expression (shell shocked or determined) to set it apart from the other release, but hey...at least we got this figure!

SOLO-MUDTROOPER-002.jpg

Haven't had the chance to really try out the rest of the gear yet...looking forward to it. Feel fortunate that I was able to get this. Just wish that HT had released more from this movie.

Maybe we'll get a surprise somewhere down the line like we did with Krennic. We got him long after the "Rogue One" train had left the station so anything's possible.

I like all three figures from Solo...all really well-done.

PXL_20200927_173923907.jpg

Last edited:
Back