Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It happened quicker than we thought but It's cool unique looking figure from Star Wars that turned out very nicely.

That said it's HT don't be suprised if they make more.

I wonder if they will in this case. It had to be a short-ish run based on demand and the lack of film success. HT didn't seem too enthusiastic about making the figures in the first place based on the lengthy delays.

All the large US retailers seem to have all sold out today, but Timcent still has it in stock for about $300 USD.

It happened quicker than we thought but It's cool unique looking figure from Star Wars that turned out very nicely.

That said it's HT don't be suprised if they make more.

I doubt it unless the production line is still going, which isn't likely. This figure was delayed big time so it's likely that orders were small and HT was leaving the ordering period open in hopes of getting more orders and doing a larger run. It really is too bad as this might spell the end of the SOLO line. I really want the Range Trooper. I'll gladly pickup the Mud Trooper grunt as well.

I had a nice response typed but my browser killed it so here is the (apparently) short version.

The droids all the way from the OT through the PT, ST and the various shows are all very clearly self aware. That quote from 3PO in ANH is proof positive droids are aware of their situation and don't like it - they are sentient. The intellect of a droid, it's appearance, it's method of communication (beeps) or it being child like does not in any way take away from it's self awareness. Is it ok to enslave children, those whose appearance or language does not conform with your ideal, or the intellectually disabled? I really don't think you believe that (and I'm not for a second suggesting you do).

They even had droid torture in RotJ. Why would torture be a thing for a mindless automaton. Droids through all the various incarnations have clearly shown signs of psychological distress (3PO is a basket case, R2 often exhibits concern, and D-O is clearly suffering from PTSD).

Your arguments all fall into the "they are different from us so it's ok to treat them poorly" category. That's not ok to me. Sure rights issues are brought up from time to time (although not in any meaningful way as per the Wuher reference) but I'm not talking general rights here, I'm talking the enslavement of an entire "race" (for want of a better term). They didn't need to create droids with a sense of self, but that's what they did. And that comes with responsibility.

Solo didn't do anything more than acknowledge an issue that has been there from the start. Do I like how they did it, not really. I think I was pretty clear I didn't. It was over the top and played for laughs (and it failed at that). But I am glad it was at least acknowledged. In the same way Clone Wars acknowledged the Jedi were, in a lot of ways, pretty terrible.

Anyway, not trying to turn this into a "thing" and don't want to drag it out lest I become as annoying as L3-37 :lol. Just my thoughts on the topic.

Hot damn. Waitlisted. Glad mine is secured. That's much quicker than the Patrol Trooper.

But this is a bit muddled. A magpie and perhaps even a pigeon is "self aware" - does that mean it deserves rights to not be captive or forced to work (as some pigeons are)?

And while Western and Eastern philosophies differ quite a bit on this, "sentient" just means the ability to perceive things (with degrees of "subjectiivity" in the mix.) Some argue that even insects are sentient. There's a current conversation about how sentient chickens are - do you eat chicken or meat?:dunno

And a living child and a mechanical entity with programmed personality and mental capacity of a child are TOTALLY different things.:lol

The torture of the robots in ROTJ is treated as kind of a laugh for the audience - it's not serious like Han being tortured (its solely seen through the droids' perspective.) Anyone would know that if R2's head/shoulders are fine outside an X-wing fuselage in space then the idea of him being tortured like a power droid getting ouchy feet from an iron is funny.:dunno

3PO's complaints aren't meant to connote robot discrimination (there really is no overt or genuine discussion or exploration in the OT about that other than the Wuher line) they're just funny for anyone who feels like they've been created to suffer. Again, SW is fantasy with some sci-fi trappings, not sci-fi where this type of stuff is explored.

Droids are like intelligent devices in the OT that we come to like due to them seeming lifelike - like people thanking Siri for helping them in a moment of danger. Now imagine if a new version of Siri was programmed to be more outspoken and funny, not just info gathering - would we see "her" as "brave" and "likable"... and recommend her for an actual award for saving those lost people she led out of the forest?

This is an interesting topic - very SW, but yeah off-topic for Mudtrooper.

I doubt it unless the production line is still going, which isn't likely. This figure was delayed big time so it's likely that orders were small and HT was leaving the ordering period open in hopes of getting more orders and doing a larger run. It really is too bad as this might spell the end of the SOLO line. I really want the Range Trooper. I'll gladly pickup the Mud Trooper grunt as well.

:exactly: The range trooper.... :drool

This is an interesting topic - very SW, but yeah off-topic for Mudtrooper.

Agreed. the conversation could go very deep and existential, but totally off topic for the Mudtrooper (although not off topic for the Solo film given it put it front and centre).

Very interesting to see this go waitlist and disappear from US retailers before PO's even ship. What was the last Star Wars figure this happened with? SS Rogue Leader Luke?

Mudtrooper is now waitlist at Sideshow, that's pretty shocking.

Not at all shocked. Probably produced enough to fill PO's and a little extra and that's it. The steady drumbeat of what a "failure" Solo was plus the fact that (aside from the mandalorian) Star Wars is flattening out in demand put the kibosh on any big run for this.

Tellin' ya, the standard edition of Solo will disappear soon too. All tht's open for PO at BBTS is the deluxe version of the regular Solo figure. Both the regular edition and the Mudtrooper are sold out.

Look how good they both turned out. no surprise at all.

Agreed. the conversation could go very deep and existential, but totally off topic for the Mudtrooper (although not off topic for the Solo film given it put it front and centre).

Very interesting to see this go waitlist and disappear from US retailers before PO's even ship. What was the last Star Wars figure this happened with? SS Rogue Leader Luke?

Yeah, certainly doesn't happen much, but Sideshow has made a few changes in the 1/6 department - including perhaps not having a 1/6 SW license anymore (ugh, SDCC would have proven or disproven that question quite effectively - oh well) - so not sure it's apples to apples with a SSC fig during their license days vs a HT fig after SSC has made changes. But it's interesting for sure.

Not at all shocked. Probably produced enough to fill PO's and a little extra and that's it. The steady drumbeat of what a "failure" Solo was plus the fact that (aside from the mandalorian) Star Wars is flattening out in demand put the kibosh on any big run for this.

Tellin' ya, the standard edition of Solo will disappear soon too. All tht's open for PO at BBTS is the deluxe version of the regular Solo figure. Both the regular edition and the Mudtrooper are sold out.

Look how good they both turned out. no surprise at all.

Yeah, nice to see HT didn't shirk on quality! Thankful they even made these Solo figs.

Glad I POed this.
This figure misses perfect hit with a small margin. It lacks two things.
Swappable Mudtrooper name plate.
And a plain dummy head for mouthmask. These wouldn't increase the cost significantly.

Smaller production due to the lack of PO?s like the Shoretrooper. I would have picked up the grunt for sure as well as a Mimban Stormtrooper.

I think there was a rush of orders after the first reviews came in. Even the Patrol Trooper got into stock at SSC despite having a small run. Although this may have been smaller just because they have a fully painted headsculpt with the figure. That takes a lot of effort and they already had to paint that same head for the reg/deluxe Han, so I can see them shorting it a bit.

Bummer that the mask sits up against the painted headsculpt on this. You swap the display a few times from mask on to mask off you have to wonder if you get some slight damage if you're not super careful.

It was like the Leia Hoth with the gas mask and farmboy Luke with the training helmet - never used them because of the risk.

PO'd this on Popcultcha. Wasn't going to but couldn't risk the stupid thing sky rocketing and me wanting it later. Sigh.

Mudtrooper is now waitlist at Sideshow, that's pretty shocking.

itsatrap.jpg

and you tell me that the color of actors skin being different is worth focusing on as illogical? The color of the actors play no part in the story and I really see no reason to make that an issue.

Gee - I wonder why this is such an issue for him. Hmm... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think there is every possibility that this was a split shipment, and that the other half (or whatever) of the overall number are still stuck in a container somewhere. I mean it doesn't hurt being cautious if you can afford to jump on board now if you want him, but I wouldn't be paying over the line on ebay until the massive shipping backlogs everywhere started to clear.

Wonder if the regular Han from Solo will be next to sell out. I bet that figure didn’t get much more of a production run than this one.

So much for me waiting on a sale :lol Ah well, more of a luxury buy than a true need anyways. I didn't like the movie, but this trooper looks really cool :lol They must not have made many of him though... guess they learned there lesson from the over-produced TFA stuff.

Wonder if the regular Han from Solo will be next to sell out. I bet that figure didn’t get much more of a production run than this one.

I locked in the Deluxe at Timewalker because of this. I was thinking about waiting, maybe catch an eBay deal but then I realized with them charging tax and lately at most 5% eBay bucks, I realized there's no reason to wait. TW has the Deluxe for $10 off, and I'm going to couple the shipping with something else I had there, so no tax, no shipping, no way I'm getting it cheaper than that right now.

And yeah I'm not expecting the Han figures to shelf warm too long in any case either. A lot of people have warmed up to this film and SO many collectors don't have a single Hot Toys Han Solo in their collection.

So many people don't have a Hot toys Han Solo in their collections????

What blasphemy is this?😉😉😉

You can include me in that list although I did get a Chewbacca yesterday which I know was also shameful.

Not really a fan of the Episode 4 figure so am just waiting on Hot Toys to announce the Bespin version already!

Back