1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I was not a big fan of the movie, I still might be tempted to pick this up if it's discounted somewhere later on, as he did have a pretty cool look as Han. And he would probably fit really well alongside my RO figures too.

Even though I was not a big fan of the movie, I still might be tempted to pick this up if it's discounted somewhere later on, as he did have a pretty cool look as Han. And he would probably fit really well alongside my RO figures too.

Neither was I, I’m planning on using it as a bash to create a Ben Skywalker figure (Luke’s son in the legends timeline)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the movie was serviceable. It felt like a breath of fresh air by putting aside the Empire-Rebel (to an extent), Jedi-Sith plotlines. That being said, I don't think they went enough in the other direction either with the bounty hunters, seedy underbellies, crime and gritty gang-lord kind of stuff but it looks like we'll be getting plenty of that in The Mandalorian.

As for the figure, I'm not sold at all on the sculpt or the tailoring so I'll wait for the finished pictures before I put anymore thought into it (although the inevitable Bespin Han reveal might quell any desire to get this for me).

The deluxe version does look pretty neat though with the furry coat. Also would've liked to seen a Corellia version of Han as well.

I thought the movie was serviceable. It felt like a breath of fresh air by putting aside the Empire-Rebel (to an extent), Jedi-Sith plotlines. That being said, I don't think they went enough in the other direction either with the bounty hunters, seedy underbellies, crime and gritty gang-lord kind of stuff but it looks like we'll be getting plenty of that in The Mandalorian.

As for the figure, I'm not sold at all on the sculpt or the tailoring so I'll wait for the finished pictures before I put anymore thought into it (although the inevitable Bespin Han reveal might quell any desire to get this for me).

The deluxe version does look pretty neat though with the furry coat. Also would've liked to seen a Corellia version of Han as well.

I’m surprised the body of the figure doesn’t have Aiden’s chest hair sculpted on. They did it with the ANH version

Yeah for whatever reason Solo just made that seedier underworld seem kinda dull and forgettable, whereas the Mandalorian makes it look a whole lot more fun and badass. And I think that badass style was something Solo really could have used more of.

Yeah for whatever reason Solo just made that seedier underworld seem kinda dull and forgettable, whereas the Mandalorian makes it look a whole lot more fun and badass. And I think that badass style was something Solo really could have used more of.

Yes you're right. There wasn't that edginess and sense of danger in those seedy places. All very friendly somehow.

That's also what made Rogue One interesting, believable and a better movie for it. There were more stakes and danger.

The character of Dryden Vos was originally meant to be a mocap alien played by Michael Kenneth Williams, who was recast when he was unavailable for reshoots when Howard took over the film. I like Paul Bettany, but Vos was a largely forgettable near human character.

I think having Vos be a lizard (probably Trandoshan) or Lasat (like Zeb from Rebels) like the concept art shows would've added more menace to the role, and a bit more weight to the underworld element.

It also would've been nice to see a grittier environment like Nar Shaddaa or Nal Hutta, though there was definitely no budget for something like that.

Yes you're right. There wasn't that edginess and sense of danger in those seedy places. All very friendly somehow.

That's also what made Rogue One interesting, believable and a better movie for it. There were more stakes and danger.

RO and Mandalorian also both have a really cool visual style and a ton of atmosphere. Compared to Solo which was just kinda dark and dreary and muddy looking throughout, making it feel like even more of a slog.

I guess to Ron Howards credit he did probably do a decent job in the time he had.

In any case, it's all for the history books now.

I can see getting this for everything but the head sculpt to make a random SW character, as there will only ever be ONE Han Solo, and it’s not this kid.

So I'm noticing a trend. Those that didn't care for 'Solo' are considering getting this guy, whereas fans of 'Solo,' like myself, have no interest in this.

So I'm noticing a trend. Those that didn't care for 'Solo' are considering getting this guy, whereas fans of 'Solo,' like myself, have no interest in this.

I love the outfit, and I’m using the figure as a bash

:waveJust waiting on the final product.

I love the outfit, and I’m using the figure as a bash

I figured, which is why I find it ironic that the target audience of this figure just doesn't seem interested in it in general. Guess that shows how successful they were in nailing down Alden's face and costume.

And this coming from someone that usually sees the best in these figures!

I enjoyed the film and picked up the two Trooper figures but so far have passed on the Han figure. I also may pick him up if he goes on sale but then I would want a Chewie as well.

I figured, which is why I find it ironic that the target audience of this figure just doesn't seem interested in it in general. Guess that shows how successful they were in nailing down Alden's face and costume.

And this coming from someone that usually sees the best in these figures!

I like it. But i always have another avenue for spare cash. I am in the middle of listing all my IM figures for sale on Ebay, and if i get a quick sale of any, i might just splurge on the Deluxe Han. It does look good.

Back