1/6 Hot Toys Sith Trooper – Early Release Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bare-bones release by HT, the fact the Hasbro figure has a ton of weapons, and the fact it’s being called the “early release” version makes it painfully obvious that HT will be releasing other versions moving forward that have slight variations in order to take advantage of its customer base. More HT horse poop.

Man that would be a big F U to the people who buys this.

This might be the dumbest idea for a figure I have ever seen. The only worse idea of a figure that I can think of would be a porcelain stormtrooper with a blue flower design from your grandma's teacup. Oh wait....

This might be the dumbest idea for a figure I have ever seen. The only worse idea of a figure that I can think of would be a porcelain stormtrooper with a blue flower design from your grandma's teacup. Oh wait....

This is at least from the movie though...

None of the Last Jedi stuff sold out from sideshow except for the praetorian guards somehow. Hot toys should really stick to the classic trilogy and some prequel stuff.

This is at least from the movie though...

None of the Last Jedi stuff sold out from sideshow except for the praetorian guards somehow. Hot toys should really stick to the classic trilogy and some prequel stuff.

Judging from sales of the ducktroopers, I'm sure Hot Toys wishes they could stick to OT characters as well...

The worst would be something called the Star Wars trooper... but Disney would never go quite that far... would it?

Oh Disney is gonna milk it for all it's worth!

source.gif

The blaster looks so tacky like a NERF gun. Wish they'd bring back old WW2 weapons with car parts slapped onto them.

Lots of unsellable ST junk leftover? Think how bad it will be when people who actually bought ST crap start to unload their own stuff after this finale movie when everyone realizes the Disney trilogy is ultimately more forgettable than the PT. :lol

I mean, it seems like every month I get a $25 off from Sideshow that's only good for those damn TFA Snowtroopers and other 2015 troopers that never sold.

They just over produced those. Plain and simple. Movie going market is ape**** for SW then, but the collector market is much different. Always has been. You can certainly make some judgements on sales based on movie popularity, but the model is very imperfect when it comes to collectors.

I’m pretty sure there will be at least one other release variant of this later, but any doubts I have about that would come from the fact we only got one trooper from TLJ, which was the Executioner. Not counting the Praetorian Guards of course. And then the fact that the TFA troopers are still available for deep discounts. I guess it could depend on how sales go for this one.

The pathway from Ducktrooper to Sithtrooper including many possibilities, some consider to be extreme stupidity.
tải xuống.jpg

I too have a feeling this will end up in the discount bin...
But then again, I haven't bought a single ST figure, so I'm clearly not the target demographic for this (although I should be).
Did the Praetorian Guards sell well? That might be a good gauge...

They seem to only be available on the secondary market. So I guess they sold pretty well.

So will we get the C3po Bandolier and bow-caster figure next.

Jesus! I hope not but I guess while Disney are making a mockery of the Star Wars legend, they may as well ruin another classic Star Wars character... I’ve really gone beyond caring now.

Well it sure didn't take long for this to turn into yet another ST bashing thread.

You don’t say... I just think it’s funny at this point. Just let them stew in their copy and paste misery.

Back