Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were not many things SW didn't affect back then....

The worse IMO was the Disco Star Wars theme remix.....to give the popular disco crowd a way to enjoy SW as well...

Do not discuss what those people on the album cover are up to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or maybe you just can't disco, brah.

C'mon HT bring on the Imperial Guards, the Emperor and his Throne !!!!

EV1501308198jpb.jpg

HT future...

DSC_0705.JPG

Krennic's replacement always fascinated me. Why the white tunic?
I had no idea that was actually a thing. That's kind of cool actually. I had a Tarkin figure and obviously Vader but never knew they made those other Imperial officers. Kenner really were the kings of putting out every minor character back in the day.

I had no idea that was actually a thing. That's kind of cool actually. I had a Tarkin figure and obviously Vader but never knew they made those other Imperial officers. Kenner really were the kings of putting out every minor character back in the day.

That's Hasbro.

At $700, i think you're not getting that throne.

It's possible that it will be close. $300 Emperor and $200 per guard as they are pretty basic. The throne might not be that difficult to manufacture. Look at the price of the Deluxe Boba with Sarlac stand.

That's Hasbro.

Who bought out and owns Kenner. So what he said is true....from a certain point of view. :)

HT future...

DSC_0705.JPG

Krennic's replacement always fascinated me. Why the white tunic?

Didn't you read or listen to Audible "Catalyst" ?? You really should. Excellent backstory to Rogue One, and in particular Krennic. He was originally from a different Imperial Department. Funnily enough the Corps of Engineers or something like that. In charge of new engineering developments like Cyber crystal research. Anyway, they had a white uniform. He decided to keep it. I believe to also help convince Jyns dad to help him with the research.

In any case, do yourself a favour and have a listen or read. It's a great book. Then watch the movie again.

I really love the Audibles for these cause they have all the sound effects etc. Almost like a movie.

That looks like a $700 photo.

I wonder if they'll throw in the huge Star Wars sign ??

Personally I think the guards will be around $185 each (HT lower end price range) and Emperor around $265 with Throne. So $635 all in. I think I'll only be going with one guard simply due to space reasons.

I had that briefing room set, never got around to opening it, then sold it for a nice profit. It's actually better in-package because the whole table/room is just cardboard packaging.

Haha, I see that now. Those Tarkin chairs again !! But here only paper cutouts. Probably the most famous chair design in the Star Wars universe !

I wonder if they'll throw in the huge Star Wars sign ??

Personally I think the guards will be around $185 each (HT lower end price range) and Emperor around $265 with Throne. So $635 all in. I think I'll only be going with one guard simply due to space reasons.

$199 - $205 seems the cheapest they go for Star Wars. Can't see them introducing their cheapest figure 3 years into the license.

It's possible that it will be close. $300 Emperor and $200 per guard as they are pretty basic. The throne might not be that difficult to manufacture. Look at the price of the Deluxe Boba with Sarlac stand.

Having a hard time seeing HT offering the throne for less than $150. Back in 2010, SSC offered theirs at $140 so i'm probably very generous. Packed with Palpatine, we're certainly looking at something around $400. I'd venture a guess and say Guards will retail at $220 a piece ($400 for a 2-Pack). So, grand total should be more like $800+

I could see them throwing in a light or voice feature on the throne considering what they did to ANH Vader and the new R2. Bumping it up to price as a figure 2pk like Tarkin and Vader. Even though "it's just plastic" the throne will be more than the SSC version. When have HT ever priced less?

I could see them throwing in a light or voice feature on the throne considering what they did to ANH Vader and the new R2. Bumping it up to price as a figure 2pk like Tarkin and Vader. Even though "it's just plastic" the throne will be more than the SSC version. When have HT ever priced less?

Ugh - I think you're right on the sound feature for Palpy's throne, as well as light-up panels. Prepare for some sticker shock.:mad:

I'm less than impressed with the HT Palps anyway, but I'm expecting there will be a fairly noticeable revision before PO that will look a WHOLE lot better than the Ed Harris/Hugh Hefner currently on show.

Back