Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d0df0268e97ffab889c41b79752b55e1.jpg

I mean I'm in regardless. You need to have an Emperor in a SW collection. But the likeness needs a ton of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That head sculpt is just bad. I think we have a tendency to give HT a pass on the accuracy of some sculpts just because they are usually still crazy detailed and have amazing paint. I literally see nothing of Ian McDiarmid in there on this iteration of the sculpt. Hopefully they overhaul it significantly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the other hand I think expectations for certain figures are unusually high, this being one of them. Since sideshow's version was considered pretty strong for its time people want this one to be way better in order to justify an upgrade.

This one already looks better in my opinion...I wasn't collecting when sideshow's came out so I have no nostalgia for that one.

I do agree it would be very disappointing if we don't get a second sculpt.

Seeing him displayed with the two Royal Guards is really attractive. I wasn't planning on any Royal Guards and now I'm thinking 2 :lol

If i do get this guy that would mean i would need 2 Royal Guards... $$$
I'm just gonna shoot for Tarkin. He is a must have for me. Then Palpatine and his goons later down the line.

Just pulled these stills from Budget Stark's video and a ref pic for comparison. It's a bit off, but not bad.

daDHy1J.png

My 1/6 focus is Sith or bad-guy-with-lightsaber figures, so I'll be the rare collector the gets this but no Royal Guards lol

Seeing these pics with a tenuous likeness to Palpatine makes me uncomfortable lol. Can't unsee Ed Harris. Super confused on what reference pics they used.

The pics are unflattering so I won't throw a conniption fit over a couple of unflattering initial photos (as they always usually are), but from what I can see, I think it overall looks pretty good personally. Could use a few tweaks here and there, but I think it's a good likeness.

Instantly reminded me of this scene, as I'm guessing that's the expression they were going for:

sidious.gif

"Perhaps you refer to the imminent attack of your Rebel fleet."

The pics are unflattering so I won't throw a conniption fit over a couple of unflattering initial photos (as they always usually are), but from what I can see, I think it overall looks pretty good personally. Could use a few tweaks here and there, but I think it's a good likeness.

Instantly reminded me of this scene, as I'm guessing that's the expression they were going for:

sidious.gif

"Perhaps you refer to the imminent attack of your Rebel fleet."

Agreed 100%. The initial pics from cons and such usually arent the most flattering, best to reserve final judgement till better lit/more detailed pics surface as usual.

Back