Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EmperorHT.jpg
Just a quick photoshopping. Left PS, right original. The jaw is definitely too high and the skin too flesh-pink. Also the eyes aren't well placed. Let's hope they redo it before release, just like they did with first Han.

View attachment 356204
Just a quick photoshopping. Left PS, right original. The jaw is definitely too high and the skin too flesh-pink. Also the eyes aren't well placed. Let's hope they redo it before release, just like they did with first Han.

nope the one on the right is what we will get. just fold the hood in to where you cant see his face and call it done. :)

The hood being open the way it is doesn't help, if they shaped the opening like the movie, the shadows would fall on his face more like we're accustomed to.

Well i don't have any Emperor, so for me it'll be "beggars can't be choosers".

For me the main thing they need to change is that top lip. It looks too broad and symmetrical. Final paint apps will also help.

Let's hope they're reading comments and feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it looks awesome! Remember this figure will need displayed in low light with the hood shadowing the face, to achieve movie accuracy. But a second sculpt with a more sincere expression would be welcome for optional display.

looks good to me :huh

I missed out on the SSC version, and I need an OT palps so Im sure I'll fold for this one.

And of course as usual, when he's actually released and in hand everyone will go ape-*** over him. It's the circle of life for Star Wars HT figures lol

That head sculpt is just bad. I think we have a tendency to give HT a pass on the accuracy of some sculpts just because they are usually still crazy detailed and have amazing paint. I literally see nothing of Ian McDiarmid in there on this iteration of the sculpt. Hopefully they overhaul it significantly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah i just don't see Ian at all. Hopefully it gets an overhaul.

I think it's a little disappointing but not terrible. I want to see what he looks like in something other than that chair too. Not everybody is gonna be able to afford that chair(i.e. I might not be able to lol). What's he like standing up or firing force lightening? Next to a Vader?

I mean the detail is clearly there, just not the likeness or colouring. But this will be a very difficult likeness to nail down. The Emperor is a very detailed face and they will need to really work hard to nail it down. I hope they do.

I also really hope this has more than one headsculpt...it doesn't seem like HT is including as many alternate headsculpts but let's hope. I hope to display him standing with his cane and hope it is a more neutral expression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back