Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rough on the way out. As much work as it takes to get him in the chair I already took him out. Chair does feel a little bit cramped in the detolf, trying out some different arrangements.

8e4273075f06c2de0ac3d41fd8da6c0a.jpg

520b83ae281821286005cd702454a32f.jpg
6bedc81065543db4f3e43a1b6170f791.jpg
Wow! These look amazing! Sorry if you’ve already answered this, but where can I get some of those backdrops?

I’m also surprised at the size of the throne - I was hoping to fit Vader and Jedi Luke in front of the Emperor 😅

NICE!

How deep are the walls? I really like the light-up panels but I guess most of the time they are off, right? How do they look when off?

A little less then a cm I think. Ill shoot a pic in the day tomorrow and from profile. The light would be better (more diffuse) if the wall had depth, that was how the first one he designed was built, but these get the job done and leave tons of space for the figures. I picked up a $3 dimmer on eBay since the lights are pretty bright.

I actually just leave them on all day if I’m working from home, or otherwise when I get home at night, as the power strip runs all the detolf dioders too. I figure they’re all LED so can’t drain too much power. Not a lot of light makes it in the room during the day.

Wow! These look amazing! Sorry if you’ve already answered this, but where can I get some of those backdrops?

I’m also surprised at the size of the throne - I was hoping to fit Vader and Jedi Luke in front of the Emperor [emoji28]

Yeah the throne seems like it could just get its own shelf with no other figures. :lol
https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/

A little less then a cm I think. Ill shoot a pic in the day tomorrow and from profile. The light would be better (more diffuse) if the wall had depth, that was how the first one he designed was built, but these get the job done and leave tons of space for the figures. I picked up a $3 dimmer on eBay since the lights are pretty bright.

Oh, so the light from the DS panels is simply your diode lights bouncing off the back wall? I thought the DS panels lit up on their own. At a cm thick, doesn't seem like there's a light source built in then.

That's how I plan on displaying mine, but further flanked by the Royal Guard on the Emperor's left, and a stormtrooper on Tarkin's right. Looks great.

Thanks mate, yeah thats a good way to go to expand the imperial line-up. You must have more space to display. Like to see some pics once your done!

I’m also surprised at the size of the throne - I was hoping to fit Vader and Jedi Luke in front of the Emperor [emoji28]
I just opened mine yesterday, I do have a detolf shelf set up like this but it’s very tight (Palpy in throne pushed right to the back , HT Jedi Luke & SS Vader facing off), far too cluttered so unfortunately I think the throne will be going back in the box for the time being.
(I do have Tarkin & a Stormtrooper to the right & left rear of the throne which of course adds to the clutter but they aren’t preventing the throne from being pushed right to the rear glass of the detolf)

The EXTREMELY uncommon and prohibitively expensive AAA standard and worst of all...

YOU WILL NEED 2 ZOMG

:lol

I will use 2 Panasonic Eneloops instead of regular AAA alkalines :wink1: And I asked because I was worried it would use those crappy cell batteries

Does the robe have the correct texture and look, from what I remember in Jedi when the emperor sat in his chair you could not see his shoes or any under garments as can be seen in the Hot Toys version, also the texture and fastner look oversized.

You do see all that...
But that said, isn’t the SSC throne more correct sized? Looking at my ht throne it looks bigger than this...
6bff4d2bca9394dd5759723937733535.jpg

You do see all that...
But that said, isn’t the SSC throne more correct sized? Looking at my ht throne it looks bigger than this...
6bff4d2bca9394dd5759723937733535.jpg

I don't still own the Sideshow one, but at the very least the detailing and proportions of the Hot Toys version are miles better.

comp.jpg

Here you go.

On:
5eD622M.jpg

Off:
zfZv1Zu.jpg

:duff Thanks momaw. Had to hit the hay here on the east coast.

Here’s the profile, about 8 mm.

a34fb3eec7c4fdc5ced4c987c9f7f97d.jpg

And here you can sort of see what I mean how the light isn’t diffuse but you can see where each of the bulbs are bleeding through. Thin led strips are glued to the white part in all the areas that are covered by the black DS walls. The two parts are glued together and the openings just show the white part.

12c47769167a308d66080322943b87e8.jpg

The original one had a profile of about an inch or inch and a bit and the light snaked around but was facing inward rather than out toward the DS wall so the lighting diffused. Often pics of these are so bright that you don’t see how the lighting is isn’t even. I think it’s maybe the glue that makes that pattern, it sure. Anyhow, it’s a minor nitpick and if I was at all crafty perhaps I would look into altering it.

Thanks for the wall pictures, momaw and TonTon. I do see the issue now. But seems like from across the room it looks spectacular.

I fear starting backdrops though... not sure where it will end. Tempted by that DS window also by Jazz.

Finally here and already sitting on the shelf...
5a8dcb070301c20892adbf6144d55c9c.jpg

I’ve been waiting for this figure since 1983[emoji7]

Pm me if you are looking for a Palps standard version that’s undisplayed. Selling below what I paid.
I got the deluxe and had the standard version fulfilled also.

So having the throne really elevated the figure for me. I’ve always liked the 1/6 accessories — e-web, probe droid, now Han Carbonite — so it’s not that surprising. Was less impressed with the Emperor alone. Now I’m wanting a second Royal Guard. Must resist.

And here you can sort of see what I mean how the light isn’t diffuse but you can see where each of the bulbs are bleeding through. Thin led strips are glued to the white part in all the areas that are covered by the black DS walls. The two parts are glued together and the openings just show the white part.

The original one had a profile of about an inch or inch and a bit and the light snaked around but was facing inward rather than out toward the DS wall so the lighting diffused. Often pics of these are so bright that you don’t see how the lighting is isn’t even. I think it’s maybe the glue that makes that pattern, it sure. Anyhow, it’s a minor nitpick and if I was at all crafty perhaps I would look into altering it.

Yeah, it's like worms in the light ha ha. It's the one thing that bothers me. Does the dimmer and lowering the light intensity help with that? They look great off.

What a nice figure, fabric is good, head sculpt superb and throne is bomb.

Took a bit of closeups on him and thought I would get one on the head sculpt with flash. Shouldn’t have done that lol.

EDIT: Well after looking into some scenes and behind the scenes stills, it looks like the eyes are pretty accurate. Never knew until now his eyes were asymmetrical (the ones on my figure might be a bit too assymetrical though:lol).

5b53d318dab2499e28ff761e1210d077.jpg

Finally after months of waiting I received my Emperor!
Some quick questions...
I am going to do the water treatment on the robe to get the excess dye out. But won't that cause the wire in the hood to rust? Has anyone removed the wire? How have some of you gone about washing the robe?
Also I've read that some of you have removed the stitches from the hood? Can anyone point this out to me? And what't the benefit to removing the stitches?
Enjoying everyone's pictures. Thanks

Back