Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the ANH Vader with remote was probably the biggest waste of all time with its auto-shut-off.

Is that what it was ! I unpacked my ANH Vader the other day to go with Jedi Luke while I wait for the Emperor. I decided to put in the batteries and try out the voice. Once I got the batteries in (a nightmare in itself to remove almost all clothing on the figure....) I got it to work. Sure it was a gimmick, but I was happy to see it work once. I left it then when I came back it wasn't working any more !

So it has auto shutoff. Good to know. I thought it had just stopped working and was annoyed I went to all the effort.

Is that what it was ! I unpacked my ANH Vader the other day to go with Jedi Luke while I wait for the Emperor. I decided to put in the batteries and try out the voice. Once I got the batteries in (a nightmare in itself to remove almost all clothing on the figure....) I got it to work. Sure it was a gimmick, but I was happy to see it work once. I left it then when I came back it wasn't working any more !

So it has auto shutoff. Good to know. I thought it had just stopped working and was annoyed I went to all the effort.

Yeah. You have to remove all the clothing again to switch the on/off switch on Vader's back off and on again. Then it will auto quit on you after another 60 seconds of inactivity.

It does save your batteries -- after 3 years mine still worked and very loud -- but the design means you'll likely only use it once.

I would love the DX Jedi Vader to have a remote without auto shut-off AND that it would work all the lights (boxes and chest and saber) as well.

Well the ANH Vader with remote was probably the biggest waste of all time with its auto-shut-off.

Well how about a properly design remote then!

A remote that doesnt remote turn on something really isn’t a remote.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah. You have to remove all the clothing again to switch the on/off switch on Vader's back off and on again. Then it will auto quit on you after another 60 seconds of inactivity.

It does save your batteries -- after 3 years mine still worked and very loud -- but the design means you'll likely only use it once.

I never tried it. Read about the issue and decided that I would have to live with the mystery. So nice that lovely light up feature added to the cost.

Isn't there a way to attach something on top of the switch, stick some tape or blue over that. So once dressed back up easier to press the reset button from the back? And the Vader sound effects can be used at last.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Isn't there a way to attach something on top of the switch, stick some tape or blue tack over that. So once dressed back up easier to press the reset button from the back? And the Vader sound effects can be used at last.

Isn't there a way to attach something on top of the switch, stick some tape or blue over that. So once dressed back up easier to press the reset button from the back? And the Vader sound effects can be used at last.

Probably, but it is under several layers. What bothers me is Asia is the electronics hub of the world, and HT can't find someone to integrate a power source through a foot peg for lights or sounds. Sure I can understand people may want flexibility and have lights on with dynamic (non standing poses) but surely it's possible to do both.

Isn't there a way to attach something on top of the switch, stick some tape or blue over that. So once dressed back up easier to press the reset button from the back?

Nope. It's a switch not a button. Button would be too easy. Can't just glue a pole on and hope it won't snap right off. And you'd have to cut a hole in three layers of Vader's clothing to access it.

For serious modders who have already ruined the resale value of their "original" Vader, the best way to do it is just cut away. Since I bought a 3-piece v2 suit and don't use my original suit anymore, I'll likely cut a hole next time I futz ANH Vader.

Nope. It's a switch not a button. Button would be too easy. Can't just glue a pole on and hope it won't snap right off. And you'd have to cut a hole in three layers of Vader's clothing to access it.

For serious modders who have already ruined the resale value of their "original" Vader, the best way to do it is just cut away. Since I bought a 3-piece v2 suit and don't use my original suit anymore, I'll likely cut a hole next time I futz ANH Vader.
Thanks for the info, saves me from trying.

I wish HT would start to incorporate a usb port for all the bases/diorama light-up features....

But imagine how much that would drive up the cost of these figures. Hot Toys is already overpricing these things because all of us freakazoids keep buying them at these crazy high prices.

Well how about a properly design remote then!

A remote that doesnt remote turn on something really isn’t a remote.

Jazz did that on mine. The remote is activating all lights and it is powered by a USB cable. No more striptease Vader.

I would love the DX Jedi Vader to have a remote without auto shut-off AND that it would work all the lights (boxes and chest and saber) as well.

I don't know why hot toys thought that was a good idea.

You know I am really gonna miss the early release pictures way of doing things.....

The simultaneous release thing just ruins the flow....

Bring back the early HK release first picture panic and subsequent cancellations please.

You know I am really gonna miss the early release pictures way of doing things.....

Bring back the early HK release first picture panic and subsequent cancellations please.

I agree, this is lame.

That's probably why they changed how they do it.

But imagine how much that would drive up the cost of these figures. Hot Toys is already overpricing these things because all of us freakazoids keep buying them at these crazy high prices.

Nearly every small electrical device is now run by USB..you can pick up anything from headphones to lamps to small fans etc from your local discount store for a few Euro...so i can't see it adding much more to the overall cost.

Back