1/6 Hot Toys: RoboCop - Alex Murphy unmasked (Battle Damaged)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Hot Toys had included the sound chip in the base, rather than in the figure, it would have made it seem less "toylike." But what are you gonna do? :dunno

A voice feature is an invisible gimmick which I suspect will take advantage of detail already there in the Robocop design. The only legitimate complaint about the presence of the feature itself is any possible cost it may have added to the figure. On that ground, fair enough. Otherwise though, of course it's not gonna be used much. Even the people who want it won't use it very much but they'll be glad that it's there so they can surprise people with it when they're showing off their figures. When I'm in a Robocop mood I will definitely use the voice feature just to give myself a great big erection.

Well then yeah, **** that. Total waste.

But if my theory on why they re-recorded ED-209's dialogue is correct* then there should be no need to re-record Robocop's.

*that a segment of ED's dialogue ''you are in direct violation of penal code....I am now authorised to use physical force'' etc etc etc could not be separated from background noise, they really wanted to keep it but it involved re-dubbing it and for consistency sake they redubbed all the lines

Hmmm, I guess it's a good thing I didn't pick one up. ThinkGeek was blowing out the last of its inventory for under $50, but I wound up missing out on it. I didn't want one arriving with broken wires on its gunpods.

114457kdmfckhfxzhsmvt5.jpg

114500d84ciheh41jcwjw1.jpg

114448jhy90yme0dfrm9bo.jpg

114502gi8x62xzqkghu5vc.jpg

114453ck2ssgr2jzdcrm6i.jpg

114513vwjhlgnjmgunemo0.jpg

(credit in the pics)

^ Stunning ^.

This is going to be a memorable release - period. A hall of famer in fact, if I may.

I'll be eating cornflakes three times a day, to afford this one.

A voice feature is an invisible gimmick which I suspect will take advantage of detail already there in the Robocop design. The only legitimate complaint about the presence of the feature itself is any possible cost it may have added to the figure. On that ground, fair enough. Otherwise though, of course it's not gonna be used much. Even the people who want it won't use it very much but they'll be glad that it's there so they can surprise people with it when they're showing off their figures. When I'm in a Robocop mood I will definitely use the voice feature just to give myself a great big erection.

Invisible? Ed 209's dome doesn't just rot, it also sinks into the hollow for the speakers underneath the rubber. The speaker sound has to come out of somewhere. What part of Robocop is similarly compromised so the children can have their talking dolls?

^ Stunning ^.

This is going to be a memorable release - period. A hall of famer in fact, if I may.

I'll be eating cornflakes three times a day, to afford this one.

Just have one meal :wink1, buy two :lol
I agree its a stunning figure, I skipped the regular and 209, but this I will not pass up, perfect

Awesome pics! this figure just blows the regular away in every way. Just look at the detail. You can even see the little joints and inner workings inside the battle damaged gashes.

Invisible? Ed 209's dome doesn't just rot, it also sinks into the hollow for the speakers underneath the rubber. The speaker sound has to come out of somewhere. What part of Robocop is similarly compromised so the children can have their talking dolls?

You tell me. What can you see on the Robocop figure that gives it away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back