Hot Toys Robocop 3 - Jet Pack version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gdb said:
The saving grace would be if the jet pack is NOT removable. If the jet pack is glued on or if removing it reveals an unfinished back, then I would understand the marketing decision to release essentially the same figure without the jet pack months earlier. That and, I would assume, the jet pack version is more expensive...? But still, I'd like to be able to decide which version of a figure to buy BEFORE I buy one and not after.

You are probably right that it is going to cost MORE than the others. I would expect it to be completely removeable. If that is the case then at least there is still time for those who have already pre-ordered the gun version to cancel their pre-orders and "upgrade" to the jet pack. I'm sticking with Robo 1 but it sure would be cool to display Robo 3 with jet pack in flight mode next to my ED-209.

I'm glad I didn't buy any of the other Robocops, now I have a few choices to pick from. Robocop 3 was terrible but then again so was AVP and most of us bought figures from that movie. The Jet pack version looks cool and I'd love to get one, if the Jet pack is removable and he comes with an extra normal left hand then I'd definitely buy that version above all the others.

I wonder if there will be any differences between the Robocop figures? I know the 3 movie had a different actor and I think the color scheme of the armor was more silver.

Even though the newer versions are more deluxe... the idea of the gun-arm and jet-pack are so stupid that I wouldn't feel right displaying them.

decadentdave said:
You are probably right that it is going to cost MORE than the others. I would expect it to be completely removeable. If that is the case then at least there is still time for those who have already pre-ordered the gun version to cancel their pre-orders and "upgrade" to the jet pack. I'm sticking with Robo 1 but it sure would be cool to display Robo 3 with jet pack in flight mode next to my ED-209.

While not film(s) accurate, a Robocop with Jet Pack Vs. ED-209 would kick plenty of ass! I'd love to see that set up.

screamingmetal said:
I'm glad I didn't buy any of the other Robocops, now I have a few choices to pick from. Robocop 3 was terrible but then again so was AVP and most of us bought figures from that movie.

I feel exactly the same.

I can speak truth then since I didn't buy any AVP merchandise... and that truth is that everyone should avoid anything to do with Robocop 3 :lol

galactiboy said:
I wonder if there will be any differences between the Robocop figures? I know the 3 movie had a different actor and I think the color scheme of the armor was more silver.

Even though the newer versions are more deluxe... the idea of the gun-arm and jet-pack are so stupid that I wouldn't feel right displaying them.

from what i've seen and been told, the figures are virtually the same except one version (3 i think) has a tad bluer armor. that's why i'm holding out for the Robo 3 fig. yeah, the movie sucked but it's the same figure as Robo 1, just w/ extra stuff.

I bought this figure and I was really surprised by all the accessories it came with. I hated the 3rd film but I wanted a good Robocop figure to go with my Premium Format Figure and I think it is great. I read a lot of the thread and was surprised people did not like this figure. I read they may redo the Movie next year I think that would be awesome with the new technology we have in film making. Here is a pic and a detailed review on the Hot Toys figure and the Sideshow Premium Format figure. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ8r9eG13M8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ZCT2m6n1A
View attachment 24713

You guys are never gonna give this guy a break.:lol

He got nagged the hell out of starting new threads and now you are complaining that his is bumping old ones. :joy

I bought this figure and I was really surprised by all the accessories it came with. I hated the 3rd film but I wanted a good Robocop figure to go with my Premium Format Figure and I think it is great. I read a lot of the thread and was surprised people did not like this figure. I read they may redo the Movie next year I think that would be awesome with the new technology we have in film making. Here is a pic and a detailed review on the Hot Toys figure and the Sideshow Premium Format figure. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ8r9eG13M8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ZCT2m6n1A
View attachment 24713

Cool review man. Robocop is one of the best HT figures ever made.

Back