Hot Toys Robocop 3 - Jet Pack version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenoviper

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=49&pid=228
228DSCN7497_3x4.JPG

So how did this one happen? thought Sideshow's pre-order one only has the machine gun attachment...

haha~

Now that's the keeper :D

The one only has the machine gun attachment is Sideshow exclusive. I am glad I pass that.

Last edited:
Well I guess they are the only one selling him with just the gun-arm... Anyway, Robocop 3 was terrible so no one should be buying either figure.

True ... Robocop 3 sucked big time... but i guess people who buys Robocp 3 figure cos of the look not really becos they like the movie... well thats me anyway... that jet pack looks awesome!

HT should have released a robocop that included everything in the first place

Wow.:google

I wasn't particularly happy with the first release, though it was way more detailed, than the McFarlane one. For the exhorbitant price, McFarlane was, really, the way to go. I loved the nifty holster innovation, so purchased it anyway. Then Hot Toys slaps you in the face by bringing out another version, with the added gun hand accessory. Then they smack you down to the ground and release this version. Hot Toys sucks. This is blatant profiteering. As far as I'm concerned, this is the Robocop to own. I don't much care about the films, one way or the other, other than to say it has given us a cool figure, and this version is the coolest. I'm with you totally xenoviper.

But wait! There's more! They will release a "Battle Damaged" version with removeable helmet featuring Murphy's stretched face! :lol

are we sure that the SS exclusive isn't going to come w/ a jetpack? maybe HT is just adding it to the Robo3 version. i have a hard time believig they are releasing a whole other version of 3 w/ a pack.

Mookeylama said:
are we sure that the SS exclusive isn't going to come w/ a jetpack? maybe HT is just adding it to the Robo3 version. i have a hard time believig they are releasing a whole other version of 3 w/ a pack.

We're pretty sure. Check out the official Hot Toys link that was posted above. If you look close at the other products on the page, there are three Robocops: original, gun-arm only, and the new jetpack version.

Yep, that's an official HT Proto Pic. Not for me though, I'm very happy with the original version.

Somebody needs to go over and b!tch slap those guys at Hot Toys. This is as bad as sending Sideshow those bogus Aliens Alien Warrior preview pics during Spooktacular. They just keep teasing us by dangling the carrot out in front of our faces.

I was waiting too see if they were going to make one with the jet pack and I'm glad I did.

decadentdave said:
Somebody needs to go over and b!tch slap those guys at Hot Toys. This is as bad as sending Sideshow those bogus Aliens Alien Warrior preview pics during Spooktacular. They just keep teasing us by dangling the carrot out in front of our faces.
lol well said :D

I wonder if there was a disappointing response to pre-orders for the gun only version which prompted HT to rush the jet pack to make it a more attractive buy. If SS is smart, they would just drop the gun version and begin taking pre-orders for the jet pack version. What idiot is gonna buy the gun-only version now after seeing that?

decadentdave said:
I wonder if there was a disappointing response to pre-orders for the gun only version which prompted HT to rush the jet pack to make it a more attractive buy. If SS is smart, they would just drop the gun version and begin taking pre-orders for the jet pack version. What idiot is gonna buy the gun-only version now after seeing that?

That could be the case as I imagine there will be massive cancellations for this product. Although...it is listed as "Shipping in 30 Days", so I wonder if it's too late to drop their distribution of the item. It's probably already on the boat.

Personally, I'm happy with the original version that I bought. I have the Kotobukiya one-coin mini figure to satisfy my wanting of the jetpack, and I didn't have to fork over another $125 to get it!!

The saving grace would be if the jet pack is NOT removable. If the jet pack is glued on or if removing it reveals an unfinished back, then I would understand the marketing decision to release essentially the same figure without the jet pack months earlier. That and, I would assume, the jet pack version is more expensive...? But still, I'd like to be able to decide which version of a figure to buy BEFORE I buy one and not after.

Back