Hot Toys Ripley

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job Wayne. Massive props just to have the balls to mess with such a hard to acquire figure. Now if someone could convince Les or someone resculpt a new angry Ripley head for the power loader...ooooohhhhh. The thought give me chills. And I don't even own any of the HT alien series.

I know...I don't belong here. :D

But fantastic work Wayne.

Yeah. It was a little scary at times. lol
Thanks a bunch, ER. Means a lot. :)

nicely done, I've just stripped 6 rip heads. Getting ready to repaint them lol

Thank you!

sorry to hear about all your troubles...

your head paint looks fantastic though. nice job!

Yeah, it was a long day. And thank you, as well!

How did you do it? I mean on the places where the hair meets the forehead you must be careful not to accidentally paint the skin, what did you used?

...And thank you. Just used a small "0" acrylic brush, and a steady hand. Three coats of paint. The first, watered down black as an earlier poster suggested. Second, thicker mixed black and brown, and third watered down brown to give off highlights and an overall dark brown, and not too black, appearance.
For my first custom, I'm pretty happy. I am considering adding a glossy sealer over the eyes, though. Maybe give them a little more life.

Anyway. Thanks folks!

Great! what you have done to your Ripley is excellent! I am currently working on a hero heads Ripley sculpt, but seeing your pics make me wonder if I should just stick with the HT sculpt!!! It's also good to see you have your Ripley in this pose/outfit like she appears at the end of the film, I think she looks much better without the blue jacket, I have tried to aquire some gloveless hands for my figure but keep hitting a brick wall......? any suggestions? Anyway, well done!

great paint up, I woul dbe interested to see how you would do with darren's ripley sculpt as I feel that is the best representation I have seen so far...

Great! what you have done to your Ripley is excellent! I am currently working on a hero heads Ripley sculpt, but seeing your pics make me wonder if I should just stick with the HT sculpt!!! It's also good to see you have your Ripley in this pose/outfit like she appears at the end of the film, I think she looks much better without the blue jacket, I have tried to aquire some gloveless hands for my figure but keep hitting a brick wall......? any suggestions? Anyway, well done!

Thanks a lot. I'd say this sculpt is just fine after a little paint, but it's all up to you. I agree about the outfit, as well. She's more film accurate without the blue jacket. I haven't been able to locate female gloveless hands myself, but I haven't looked too hard, honestly. The hands don't bother me all the much, for now anyway. Anyway, thanks again. :duff

great paint up, I woul dbe interested to see how you would do with darren's ripley sculpt as I feel that is the best representation I have seen so far...

Wow. Thank you. I've seen some paint ups of that sculpt, and they were all pretty good. The most recent one infact was amazing. I am happy with this sculpt, though. If Darren could ever sculpt a decent Harrison Ford Deckard head for my Andriod Hunter, however, I'd be on that like a cheap suit.

Back