Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is pretty amazing we had 20 years of no tax. States are going to have a lot of extra money washing in this year and next.

Considering that consumers already pay income tax, sales tax is beyond obnoxious and is simply unreasonable. If you are going to tax a person's earnings it's ridiculous to tax AGAIN when the same person has the nerve to actually spend what is left over.

Yeah I already passed on one figure I was interested in, after seeing the extra $20 tax tacked on at the end. Even if I can afford it, there's still a big difference between splurging $240 on a figure and $260.

Considering that consumers already pay income tax, sales tax is beyond obnoxious and is simply unreasonable. If you are going to tax a person's earnings it's ridiculous to tax AGAIN when the same person has the nerve to actually spend what is left over.

Well not every state collects income tax and/or sales tax. It's not like it's a federal tax.

Looks like the first review is up, and it does look really damn cool. I wasn't expecting the tools to be as articulated as they are, and I'm also glad to see that the periscope does extend higher than any of the previous pics had it. And the light and sound feature seems to work really well too.

Those Leia holograms still look awful though, so I will definitely not be displaying those. Lol

Better to watch this review with the audio off...::lol
Looks good though. Definitely want this..

Got for $255 off a HK seller on eBay, only to have eBay add $24 in tax. Not doing that anymore.

How different is this figure to the first HT R2? With the arms removed and hatches all closed, is the dome and body basically the same? Not sure if anyone has posted any side-by-side HT V.1 vs HT V.2 pics yet.

How different is this figure to the first HT R2? With the arms removed and hatches all closed, is the dome and body basically the same? Not sure if anyone has posted any side-by-side HT V.1 vs HT V.2 pics yet.

Best we got so far...

Tosche Station - HT - SS - Tamas COMP revist 10-18-19.jpg

TFA HT --- Sideshow --- Tamashii

Hmm, I got Luke and R2 ordered through Alterego and Vader through BBTS. Wonder which I'll get first...

I have only used AE once for Maul. I had ordered Dooku from BBTS and noticed that AE had Dooku in stock maybe three weeks before BBTS. My impatience was going to cancel Dooku at BBTS and order at AE but then I realized the NRD I paid. Any ways I have Dooku now…… :monkey3

Justin's Collection has a review up with a side by side of the two Hot Toys R2s. New one is definitely a lot more weathered.

485358e8f02487acb358e3309a86bb48.jpg
a340e13696ed762a675b25fb4002ab05.jpg

Got it today, lots of people take better pictures than I ever well, and Justins video is pretty awesome.

All I am gonna say is this, if you are on the fence about this, time to grab it, this thing is pretty incredible, and I think it will definitely sell out, as it would be perfect for any OT display, especially if you are looking to have one figure from each film for the main characters.

Considering picking up a second one ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually after watching Justin's review I'm kinda tempted to pick up the TFA version now as well, as I really like the contrast in weathering between the two.

Also cool to see that all the projectors light up on this, and not just the front one.

Screenshot_20191022-232214_YouTube.jpg

485358e8f02487acb358e3309a86bb48.jpg
a340e13696ed762a675b25fb4002ab05.jpg

Got it today, lots of people take better pictures than I ever well, and Justins video is pretty awesome.

All I am gonna say is this, if you are on the fence about this, time to grab it, this thing is pretty incredible, and I think it will definitely sell out, as it would be perfect for any OT display, especially if you are looking to have one figure from each film for the main characters.

Considering picking up a second one ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks Good!!! Hello my name is Bo and I still sit on the fence.

He's much cleaner than I thought against that TFA one. Less yellow too, so Talibane should be happy.

Magnets seem to want to grab each other when put too close in the slots though. But then, not sure how many I will actually use.

Back