Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it’s confirmed that the TFA one is way better. No missing cylinders in middle leg. Phew, it won’t plummet in value.

I think I’ll end up with two R2’s after picking this new one up.

I think 2019 is going to be a light year for me since I am passing on the R2 Deluxe and Luke Jedi Deluxe. My only pre-order so far is the Deluxe Stormtrooper.

Kinda done with the deluxes. Lets see some new characters and new sculpts.

I think 2019 is going to be a light year for me since I am passing on the R2 Deluxe and Luke Jedi Deluxe. My only pre-order so far is the Deluxe Stormtrooper.

Kinda done with the deluxes. Lets see some new characters and new sculpts.

These are wise words. Even the stormtrooper is something I already have. Yet I’m tempted by all three (none ordered though). Tentative plan is to sell the ROTJ Luke to fund the deluxe but I just got that figure and am enjoying having it around — my only young Luke now for the most part.

Plus I’m not sold on the side-eyed version. Doesn’t seem as strong as the standard.

These are wise words. Even the stormtrooper is something I already have. Yet I’m tempted by all three (none ordered though). Tentative plan is to sell the ROTJ Luke to fund the deluxe but I just got that figure and am enjoying having it around — my only young Luke now for the most part.

Plus I’m not sold on the side-eyed version. Doesn’t seem as strong as the standard.

I’m in the same boat. I have the ss r2, do I really need a second? It looks nice and all, but I’m getting sick of the same characters. Same with maul, aotc yoda, and dx luke. I want them, but I am going to wait for a sale before I order.

This isn't a MUST have for me since I'm pretty content with Sideshow's. But if it's still around during spook or the holidays with a decent deal then I may end up getting it.

Well Sideshow just posted a Free SS R2D2 with purchase of TFA Heavy Gunner 2 pack (including 25% off)--so SS must have a TON of V2 R2 sitting around. I think HT's might have the same problem when they release this---unless they limit the release....

Yeah this is another one I probably should have waited to use an eBay discount with. It still looks worth the price to me, but there's a good chance we'll be able to knock the price down to $210 or so when the time comes.

Well Sideshow just posted a Free SS R2D2 with purchase of TFA Heavy Gunner 2 pack (including 25% off)--so SS must have a TON of V2 R2 sitting around. I think HT's might have the same problem when they release this---unless they limit the release....

I just saw this too. But do the math. I think you'd be stretched to sell the twin pack for 150. Then R2 still costs you about 140. What's the normal price for R2. 150 or so I think. Hardly worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this is another one I probably should have waited to use an eBay discount with. It still looks worth the price to me, but there's a good chance we'll be able to knock the price down to $210 or so when the time comes.

I need to stop laying preorders and just wait for eBay sales. It's crazy times lol

I just saw this too. But do the math. I think you'd be stretched to sell the twin pack for 150. Then R2 still costs you about 140. What's the normal price for R2. 150 or so I think. Hardly worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think you'd be lucky to get that. People are basically giving ST troopers away.

Yeah I saw a ST Snowtrooper go for around $80 last week. I was tempted to try for it, but even at that price decided it just wasn't something I really needed to have.

Yeah I saw a ST Snowtrooper go for around $80 last week. I was tempted to try for it, but even at that price decided it just wasn't something I really needed to have.

Wish they did the same thing with the OT royal guards etc. I would’ve been very tempted.

Perhaps it’s just our geneartion that’s still in love with something physical and something we could hold in our hands. While the newer gadget and technology oriented generation prefer online games and collecting virtual stuffs.

I need to invent something 'virtual' that they can collect. Like... Hokeymon. Something endless and intangible... that streams only at certain times of the month... build hype... then release the 2.0 six months later.

Wish they did the same thing with the OT royal guards etc. I would’ve been very tempted.

Perhaps it’s just our geneartion that’s still in love with something physical and something we could hold in our hands. While the newer gadget and technology oriented generation prefer online games and collecting virtual stuffs.

I think it's generally the feelings for the new Trilogy. Not trying to turn this into that type of thread, but I liked TFA and was close to buying a few figures but after TLJ I have zero desire. I have a bunch of 1/12 figures, but zero 1/6 ST figures. Like at $75-80 it's an amazing deal, but it's just money I'd rather spend on something else and not have them in my collection.

Back