Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree they have been slack lately. I emailed them three weeks ago about a damaged HT figure and they still haven’t responded.

If you have a damaged figure, call them and dont wait for an email response! Get that replacement organised before they can say it's past the replacement period. They've been very slack of late from what I've heard.

Can't wait to pre-order this locally, but Popcultcha seems to be holding out on listing it... maybe they want to clear their inventory of HT Force Awakens R2s first :lol
I'll give them another week then I'm off to the competition.

HT R2D2 Deluxe is listed now - at $359 (pre-order price). ETA August 2019!

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/star-wars-r2-d2-deluxe-1-6th-scale-hot-toys-action-figure.html

While that price is on the higher end, it's on par with the AUD pricing of other more elaborate HT figures of late. But whether one wishes to support Popcultcha at this point (given their increasingly dismal customer service) is another thing entirely... ;)

I picked up the Tamashii R2 and part of the appeal is that it 'matches' Tamashii 3PO. In that respect I'm happy with it.

I bought Tamashii R2 for the same reason but I'm getting this HT R2 also. One clean R2, one dirty R2.

Admittedly first world whiney kidult problems but I'm not sure about Popcultcha anymore. I've supported them for years but the delay in HT figures arriving is getting a bit much.

paul-johnson-r2-poster-final.jpg

apiqkrglz__90308.1541440494.jpg

I saw the engineering of the deluxe and the TFA ver. Seems like HT have already planned to double dip the release since the get go. This version is basically the removable compartment with added plug on accessories. While the TFA is the basic standard ver with glued on compartment parts.

Would love to get this guy as a second R2 (have the SS version), but paying more for an R2 which is less accurate doesn't seem right.

So how come the HT version middle leg does not have the blue/silver cylinders ? SS has them.

Seems movie version has them. So SS seems more accurate. Strange that HT left them off. Looks kind of bare without.

Any experts out there ?

View attachment 436980

View attachment 436981

Yeah that was pointed out before, but the hope was that they simply forgot to add them for the proto pics and they will be included with the production figure.

Yeah that was pointed out before, but the hope was that they simply forgot to add them for the proto pics and they will be included with the production figure.

I wish HT would have some form of social media communication with fans and such. It'd definitely be nice to get updates or comments more often than just press releases, this is a piece from a 40 year old classic movie that has been seen almost as much as any other film ever and fans will spot the problems super fast.

Have always wondered how they ended up with that white R2 combo for what seems to be just the one publicity shot. Do not recall ever seeing any other photos of it looking like that

Back