Hot Toys Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman5

Super Freak
Reaction score
Question for all you smart customizers out there. Can Hot Toys body parts be swapped? I am looking to trade out two arms and was curious if by heating the arm at the biceps they would come off and could go on the other HT body.

I don't think this is posibble and it would probably require breaking something.
I think the only parts meant to come out normaly are the hands and feet with the pegs.
I have never attempted anything like this myself so you should probably wait for someone who knows a little more to post. :lol

Hope you figure something out.

Out of interest why do you want to swap arms to put them on an identical body ?.

I think there are screws on the torso that may make disassembling possible...? But I've never done it.

I disassembled a regular HT true type body to do some customizing. You just have to take out the screw covers, unscrew and that's it. I have actually swapped arms and legs just out of curiousity and it worked out fine. I don't think this works with muscular bodies because of the rubber covering and unifying everything.

Hot Toys bodies are very modular. You can remove the elbow joints, knees, and obviously the wrists, ankles and neck adapters. To remove the bicep and shoulder area, there is a small screw between the chest and shoulder joint that will allow you to remove the shoulder and bicep portion. You will need a small head Phillips screw driver. I hope this helps?

BTW, I have removed the shoulders before. Be very careful when doing this, and use the correct size screwdriver, as not to strip the screws.

Back