HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200527194338662.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200527194327678.jpg

I've not really played around with him yet. Opened and had this pose since Christmas, not played around with any of his light-up features. I think he's stunning enough as-is (I don't really focus on all the film-to-figure discrepancies), I'm always overwhelmed with how much presence he has out fo the box and into a pose when I look over. Took out of the detolf for a quick dust. May play with the lights some other time when it isn't so hot.

Definitely a grail piece that I will probably never sell.

EDIT: One gripe that I did have upon opening it was the crease mark in the pleather just under his chest gadget thing and the creases in his thigh, came out of the box like that, as if whoever assembled the piece really forced the pieces on and dragged the pleather material into itself harshly. Anyone else get that?

He's a grail piece for sure , it is why he is sold out especially the exclusive which I think should have been included in the standard edition. They should have made the exclusive Luke's Lightsaber or a transparent Helmet that lights up when he gets electrocuted. Anyway I love this figure , in my opinion the " be all ENDOR " Darth Vader to own.

Don't worry about the creases the more the better . The suit is majorly wrinkly and creased in the film

I love this Vader , I think I love the pointed finger glove the most as it displays Vader's authority.

" Dont fail me again .....Admiral "

100059548_3121457841209696_315868469226635264_o.jpg

Best picture I?ve seen of him yet. Awesome!

Favorite piece I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a grail piece for sure , it is why he is sold out especially the exclusive which I think should have been included in the standard edition. They should have made the exclusive Luke's Lightsaber or a transparent Helmet that lights up when he gets electrocuted. Anyway I love this figure , in my opinion the " be all ENDOR " Darth Vader to own.

Don't worry about the creases the more the better . The suit is majorly wrinkly and creased in the film

The exclusive should have had an extra mask part with special stand to be able to display the mask properly

asdsadsadsadsada캡처.jpg

You can buy this figure in Korea only with 440,000 krw (aprox 355$). Because in Korea, people don't care about Star Wars.

I feel the same way, I think HT should have included the mask display with the regular version since they gave us two display options for the head. The upper part of the base should have been the exclusive like HT did with the QS Ironman Mark 42

This morning I took out the Hot Toys Death Star Gunner, Vader ANH, Vader ESB and 1/4 Vader, as well as Medicom Vader, and sprayed the pleather suits with 303 Aerospace proctectant. I used silicone spray when I got all these figures so they were already protected, but now I bought this 303 spray, and used it too, to be sure the pleather will last as much as possible. I highly recommend collectors to try to take care of the pleather present on various figures.

If you buy the lower part of the helmet separately...

No, you still can do that.
The parts you have:
1-Lower part of the helmet on the body
2-Lower part of the helmet on the display base
3-Upper part of the helmet + dummy head (can be placed on either of 1 and 2)
4- Headsculpt (can be placed on either of 1 and 2)

This morning I took out the Hot Toys Death Star Gunner, Vader ANH, Vader ESB and 1/4 Vader, as well as Medicom Vader, and sprayed the pleather suits with 303 Aerospace proctectant. I used silicone spray when I got all these figures so they were already protected, but now I bought this 303 spray, and used it too, to be sure the pleather will last as much as possible. I highly recommend collectors to try to take care of the pleather present on various figures.

I've never heard of this 303 spray, where can you buy some? Also, is it odorless? Wife has really bad allergies is why I'm asking

No, you still can do that.
The parts you have:
1-Lower part of the helmet on the body
2-Lower part of the helmet on the display base
3-Upper part of the helmet + dummy head (can be placed on either of 1 and 2)
4- Headsculpt (can be placed on either of 1 and 2)

It might be cool if you have for example Anakin head on the figure (not that I would care to display him like that) and a separate full helmet on the EX stand. Can this be done without acquiring extra parts?

I've never heard of this 303 spray, where can you buy some? Also, is it odorless? Wife has really bad allergies is why I'm asking

You can find it online:

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-aerospace-protectant/

https://www.amazon.com/303-30306-Aerospace-Protectant-Furniture/dp/B000XBCURW

https://www.walmart.com/browse/auto-tires/303-protectant/91083_1212910_1494230

It doesn't have a smell, it is like a white liquid, similar to milk

As I've said. You have 2 bottom parts, 1 upper part and 1 headsculpt. What do you need more?
I suggest you'd watch an unboxing or review video. Then you will see.

Back