HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awsome, first Darth Vader figure that really looks like Vader from the movies.

I agree.....
this is probably the most faithful representation of Darth Vader that?s not a prop replica.
Years ago we used to discuss the possible reasons why companies tended to run afoul of a great sculpt...that there was always something glaringly wrong with them, if just one or two things....we always used to speculate about whether or not they were intentional or just an Achilles heel in ones skill....

Well maybe it was the latter after all....hot toys, after a minor stumble with ESBs face mask, have not only redeemed themselves but topped every figure of Darth Vader that has come before, even the cinemaquette which had a scanned helmet (and armor from a touring costume)

I dare say this is the MOST ACCURATE AND REALISTIC ACTION FIGURE OF DARTH VADER EVER MADE.....

Tha said, companies will still find better ways to improve on the cut & sew, and created better leather like materials, find higher definition sculpting processes, etc....but for now this is the best....

Well maybe it was the latter after all....hot toys, after a minor stumble with ESBs face mask, .

it wasn't a minor stumble.it's terrible and why I cancelled my ESB. If it had this new RotJ sculpt I would have kept it

Second best is Rogue One. Only the dome doesn't seem quite right.
ANH has wrong color scheme and it really sticks out (tried an ANH head over RO body)

Got mine today. Great but mine is missing the left tusk. I don't see anywhere in box so guess it fell out at factory. Is the other neck piece interchangeable? I'm sure it isn't but haven't tried to force it off of the body yet.

Ahoy Shipmates!
Damn....if I can find another Vader at a substantial discount (maybe around the holidays), I might have to mod it into an ANH Vader. Would love to mod that one!

Attachments

• vad1.jpg
    vad1.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 271
  • vad2.jpg
    vad2.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 272
For anyone he who has Vader,
Can the helmet be assembled without the blank head, or is that a necessary component to keeping the helmet stuck together?

It needs it. There?s nothing to hold the face mask in place without it. It?s stuck on the blank head by magnet and the blank head inserts into the neck post.

Ahoy Shipmates!
Damn....if I can find another Vader at a substantial discount (maybe around the holidays), I might have to mod it into an ANH Vader. Would love to mod that one!

Very cool pose! mine is officially processing so glad I pre ordered this when I had 20% off coupon. Although I'm expecting cutoms to sting me for about ?100 shiping to the UK is cheaper than I expected too.

Back