HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I skipped through Virtual Devil's review. Everything in the whole package looks incredible, even the special edition stand is better than I expected. Glad I opted for it. I'm trying to avoid diving too much into others reviews and photos until I get mine! This is going to look so good alongside my Hot Toys Nolan 1/4s, but it's showing a lot of potential in being even better than all 3 of those ones.

Just out of curiosity, for those picking this up how many other 1/4 figures do you guys have? Specifically Hot Toys but I guess you could include other companies in there too.

I had a whole lot of NECA 1/4 figures, ~30 of them, but last December I decided to start selling them off and now all I've got is the Hot Toys trio of the Dark Knight Batman, Joker, and Batman Begins.

This will be my first 1/4, but I also have the Mark 3 on order and am considering splurging on an Enterbay Joker.

Im extremely tempting to get this one to pair with my 1/4 statue XM Studio Darth Maul...its going to be a glorious display for sure.

Just out of curiosity, for those picking this up how many other 1/4 figures do you guys have? Specifically Hot Toys but I guess you could include other companies in there too.

I have the NECA Batman Begins and Captain America Civil War. I'd like to get their Iron Man Age of Ultron suit.
I know these are on a much more toy level, but the Jakks Big Figs are 1/4 scale and some of those (especially when repainted or modded) look pretty good.

Currently I have the 1/4 scale HT Dark Knight Batman, ROTJ Boba Fett and NECA Big Chap Alien and Predator City Hunter.

I?d love to add the 1/4 Stormtrooper. And I might be tempted by the Spider Man and IM MK3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have every HT 1/4 release except MK 42. Have MK 43 though. And double of QS001 and Joker. Also have EB Batman/Joker and Terminator trio. So I love 1/4 scale. Sold all my premium formats years ago when 1/4 figures were first announced. Wish the market was bigger. Some pieces I had I doubt will ever be made. You bet I’ll be getting this!

I forgot to mention that I also have the 1/4 HT Endo.

I do really like the Quarter Scales. They are really substantial pieces and have a lot of wow factor for those big iconic characters. I?m sticking out of IM 1/4 scale just because I?ve invested enough into the sixth scale. But I really want that 1/4 scale Stormtrooper to complete my SW with Vader and Fett. I think the Kylo Ren 1/4 is tempting too...love the design.

I'm glad i hung onto my old Diamond Select 1/4 Palps...he might need a repaint and some minor mods...but i think he'll look pretty good next to Lord Vader:)

02.JPG

Nice!i never realized he actually was released! I have Maul and was waiting for vader, but it only came out as a piggy bank.

I'm glad i hung onto my old Diamond Select 1/4 Palps...he might need a repaint and some minor mods...but i think he'll look pretty good next to Lord Vader:)

View attachment 468364

THAT's awesome, straight out of Robot Chicken. "So, I was telling him, 'Just get him to join - nothing drastic. And you know what he does? He cuts his friggin' hand off! The kids gonna have some major trust issues now. . . "

Nice!i never realized he actually was released! I have Maul and was waiting for vader, but it only came out as a piggy bank.

I have Maul too along with Luke,Han and old Ben...they're well made for what they are (especially the tailoring) and what pushed me into getting some of the higher end 1/4 scale pieces...

Would love to see HT do a Maul in this scale...after a nice Stormtrooper of course...

I have Maul too along with Luke,Han and old Ben...they're well made for what they are (especially the tailoring) and what pushed me into getting some of the higher end 1/4 scale pieces...

Would love to see HT do a Maul in this scale...after a nice Stormtrooper of course...

That same body was originally used for art asylum quarter scale Bruce Lee..
Was awesome then....still awesome. Great sculpt

Woah! Mine just got shipped from Sideshow and it's on it's way to me already. I thought Sideshow took way longer than that to even receive the figures from overseas? I'll take it.

I'd like to know how tall it is without the stand , and a picture of it next to Rogue One/ANH or ESB 1:6 (especially the Rogue One)

I figure if the RO was "tall" for a 1:6 and this on the small size for a 1:4., so maybe it won't look as gigantic as I think

And if it stands up without the stand without falling over

From what I've seen Anakin, Obi Wan (ROTS) and Mace had very nice sculpts as well. I don't think I've seen anyone customize the 1/4 Diamond Select figures, but I always thought some of them had great potentioal. Does anyone have any customs from this line to show off?

I'd like to know how tall it is without the stand , and a picture of it next to Rogue One/ANH or ESB 1:6 (especially the Rogue One)

I figure if the RO was "tall" for a 1:6 and this on the small size for a 1:4., so maybe it won't look as gigantic as I think

I?ve heard that this 1/4 scale Vader is one of the bigger HT 1/4 scales.

I took the time to do a quick measure of the Boba fett 1/4 and all thou I have him posed with a slight lean/arch with range finder up he's just shy of over 18", with the top of helmet about 17. 3/8 (again, he is at a slight lean for his pose) so he may be slightly taller, Vader is just shy of 20", in life-size boba Fett was about 6ft (1.78 meters / 70 inches) so it looks to scale properly, And with Vader being a mere 6ft, 8" they scale well next to each other. I have the Rogue One Vader and he seems to be a tad taller than the others by about 1/8", so the 1/4 scale's look really nice and the Vader has quite the presence.

With the 1/4 Vader being approx 20" thats right around the 6ft8"-6ft10" range, so he's a big figure.. to put into perspective their counterparts, in 1:6, seem to stand at about 1.1/4" above the qrtr scale figures waistline, so again they balance out well and sem to have been scaled up very well, a great task that was taken on and accomplished well.

I know this is the picture you asked for but I hope it presents a helpful visual. I think the qrtr scale figures look astounding in detail and anyone picking up the Vader i feel will most likely go back and acquire the boba fett once they have Vader in hand if they do not already own the Boba Fett and for those that already do own him can vouch for the amazing level of detail ad the paint apps alone are something to be wowed by. Boba can be found for fairly decent prices at the moment most times below retail but I have a feeling once a lot of people get Vader and if a stormtrooper is eventually announced he will start to skyrocket in price, I always felt he didn't hold much value because he was sort of a stand-alone figure but with counterparts to display with he will be a little more sought

(as far as posing and standing on own) the 1/4 figures have very tight ratchet joints at almost every part of articulation in the arms and legs, making the figure very sturdy and able to balance well, my fett is position in a left should to the side, with a top lean to the back and a bit of a waist thrust to the front making him look as if he just landed down in the skiff and has his gun thrown up wards and he doesnt even shake or wobble when case is knocked or shaken etc..

Back