HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you are having problems with maths, if you take a quick look at the posts it is certaintly much less than 99%.

If you want to add it, good for you, doesn't mean others are not entitled to their opinions.

Funny you call people nerds still, nerds can do maths and sampling at least :lecture

A few nerds here do not even = 1% the population.

A few nerds here do not even = 1% the population.

I could only accuractly guess the sentiment of "nerds" on these forums.

Let me know how you found out about the other 98.999999999999999% "nerds" felt. Oh wait...you can't. :rotfl

Being a "nerd" is now cool. Being a Star Wars fan is now mainstream. I don't think the word "nerd" is even relevant anymore.

I get that the ROTS is the only version not to be released recently. But my lord Vader wouldn't a 1/4 scale ESB Vader have been blowing up this forum. Don't tell me you guys who own the SS Vader or pre ordering the ANH Vader wouldn't be happy. I don't care. I've always said that ESB characterizes the OT characters best, both dialogue wise, plot wise, and design wise. That's just me. But I want a 1/4 Vader ESB most. With a Bespin stand, come on guys.

ESB 1/4 vader would've been awesome,fingers crossed it will happen at some point. Got to say that new SS PF one looks mighty impressive,easliy their best vader yet in any scale

Star Wars nerd here and don't really care what others think. :wave

You and me both buddy.

darth-vader-thumbs-up.jpg

I get that the ROTS is the only version not to be released recently. But my lord Vader wouldn't a 1/4 scale ESB Vader have been blowing up this forum. Don't tell me you guys who own the SS Vader or pre ordering the ANH Vader wouldn't be happy. I don't care. I've always said that ESB characterizes the OT characters best, both dialogue wise, plot wise, and design wise. That's just me. But I want a 1/4 Vader ESB most. With a Bespin stand, come on guys.

I would by 1/4 scale TESB Vader...............but it would be a few years down the road. I can wait.

I am looking forward to the official announcement on this one. Sold my SS 1/6 Vader and didn't expect a 1/4 replacement anytime soon.

Last edited:
Yeah it's really putting me in a bind. If I knew an ESB version was on the way this would not be a buy (same for a lot of ppl). I mean I really don't think they should have multiple Vader 1/4 scales. That's me tho. Argh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That second picture is actually the ANH helmet (and suit). Although the dome is placed a bit higher than it was typically seen on screen.
Actually no. That's the ESB Poster helmet and suit. It went out on tour and is currently owned by a fan in Australia. The helmet came out of the same mold as the eFX and that mold was molded off the screen used ANH helmet.

To me the problem is much more with the design itself than the fact it's symmetrical. Because this pic proved awhile ago that you can have a symmetrical mask that still looks pretty good, if you really insist on it being that way:

View attachment 180011

Yeah, I did that picture to show how they should have made the symmetrical helmet, by mirroring the helmet on top of itself and then averaging out all the edges, shapes and surfaces, instead of just taking parts of one side and then mirroring it and making the helmet that way.

I am currently in the process of actually having that symmetrical version made with the help from a very talented digital sculptor. Hope to show progress of that soon.

Last edited:
Hot Toys helped me decide. I was wondering whether to stay with a further collection of PF or switch to HT 1/4. Vader from HT is the ROTS so with Boba Fett will look silly. Sideshow PF is not perfect, the two statues have things that do not fit me, but they are consistent and together they will present a lot better.

With the exception of the chest armor, I think this could pass for a generic Darth Vader.. We really won't know until we see more pictures, but the details of the dome sculpt don't look as soft as it does in ep 3, and who knows about the lenses from these pics... The SSC 1/6 Vader is labelled ESB/ROTJ, but that doesn't make is so considering the endless modifications being done to make them look right. I could care less if the word Sith is on the box (its going in the trash anyway):)
I'm going to keep my eye on this... We might just be surprised.

Great looking figure -- but I'm worried about that pleather suit. Most Hot Toys figures have limited shelf life. I guess I'll keep my 1/4 JAKKS Pacific ROTS Vader.

Man sometimes those cheaper figures can plug a hole in your collection just fine.

Everyone on this forum and others keeps saying its from ROTS, but if you look at the saber, it's not. Also when I was at the booth at Celebration it was very clear that this was only a rushed mock up. I doubt it will be ROTS when time comes for release.

I am sure there will be plenty of changes made to make it OT.

It has been confirmed.

They just confirmed on Facebook it's from Revenge of the Sith. Hahahahaha
#nope.

aec641dc30246b6ab6d8de95bd3b6c8a.jpg

Everyone on this forum and others keeps saying its from ROTS, but if you look at the saber, it's not. Also when I was at the booth at Celebration it was very clear that this was only a rushed mock up. I doubt it will be ROTS when time comes for release.

I am sure there will be plenty of changes made to make it OT.

Back