HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the convention it did not actually have a name plate or sign indicating which version it just said prototype on a circular base. As some have pointed out from the helmet and chest armour it look more like rots. Great none the less

from the helmet and chest armour it look more like rots.

Come on. Is this a serious nerd board or are we just kidding?

Basic Vader knowledge:
One piece shoulder armor and symmetric mask=ROTS
Inner robe over the armor, not-so-shiny look=ANH
Totally awesome=ESB/ROTJ

Advanced Vader knowledge:
Knows the difference between ESB and ROTJ (except fo reveal)

Huge Nerd:
Knows everything about shapes, angles, colors, hero, stunt and whatever.

:lecture

I love Episode III. I'm really happy about this version being released. It makes it a bit easier to justify the purchase because I already have an ESB Vader...at least this is from a different movie.

They just confirmed on Facebook it's from Revenge of the Sith. Hahahahaha
#nope.

aec641dc30246b6ab6d8de95bd3b6c8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: HOT TOYS OS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Really disappointed that they decided to go with Episode 3 Vader for this. I thought for sure they'd go with Empire. Damn. Looks good for what it is though.

Episode 3 is as good as any of the original 3 movies. I will most likely get this over the 1/4 statue because the box size will be smaller.

Sorry SSC but I might have to go with this one over the PF for pose-ability and light-up functions...

I like the option over the one from sideshow what I still think the pose is horrible. Now after I seen pictures of this piece showing at the celebration .. he has the wrestling pose I really dont like
It's a figure.

Was hoping for the ESB version,still a nice looking vader in that one reveal pic. For anyone interested here's a comparison between ROTS and ESB helmets...
View attachment 179891View attachment 179892

That second picture is actually the ANH helmet (and suit). Although the dome is placed a bit higher than it was typically seen on screen.

Here's ESB (though, to be fair, there were a number of different ESB helmets that each had unique looks to the trained eye.)

ESB_Vader.jpg

That second picture is actually the ANH helmet (and suit). Although the dome is placed a bit higher than it was typically seen on screen.

Here's ESB (though, to be fair, there were a number of different ESB helmets that each had unique looks to the trained eye.)

View attachment 179947
My mistake, you're correct. It was really the difference between the masks and colors that i wanted to compare.

Here my 1:1s rots vrs ANH
a big difference, while I'm not a hater of ep3 I will wait for an OT version in 1/4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    905.9 KB · Views: 527
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 523
I threw up a bit when I read that it was the Episode III QS Vader. I mean, I probably can't spot the differences really well, but why not just go with the classics? Oh wells, either way if it turns out great, bought!

Yeah, aside from the symmetrical sculpt and all black paint, what really throws it off to me the most is actually the flat eye lenses. Not having that bubble-curve makes him look like a state trooper in aviator sunglasses or something.

Oh wow, never noticed the flat lenses before. That does look bad.

To me the problem is much more with the design itself than the fact it's symmetrical. Because this pic proved awhile ago that you can have a symmetrical mask that still looks pretty good, if you really insist on it being that way:

rryyy (450x409).jpg

Back