HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still my favourite...

DSC_0124.JPGDSC_0121.JPGDSC_0127.JPG

JEEZUS LOUIZUS thats some nasty suit damage. Looks like Vader got sucked through that Pod Racer Engine once or twice.

The only damage ive seen so far happens to the fabric gloves on MMS279 , however I had a Rogue One Vader that ripped at the leg seam but that was more to do with the ****** quality of that suit .
So fair I have found the MMS279 the most accurate looking suit especially when taken off and wrinkled up , and the the most durable of the 3 x 1/6 Vaders.

if you intend to buy replacement suits, get the mms279. The others are rubbish and cheap.( My opinion )

The 1/4 Suit is very durable by the looks of it , but nothing last forever .

Hot Toys pleather is certainly not the best quality, and we should all be vigilant and take care of our figures properly.

That said, the person that posted the picture is an Indonesian film director and Southeast Asia remains one of the most difficult places to maintain these figures because of the climate and high average year round humidity.

A lot of the worst case scenario pictures seem to come from collectors in that region.

Excellent shots Matrix, I never intended to display Vader with Sebastian Shaw head, but it shows that the sculpt is great nevertheless.

Question for those that used hand steamers to remove the wrinkles from the cape and surcoat (inner roboes). Did you steam them while actually on the figure, or did you remove them first, then steam them? I just received a hand steamer and want to give the cape and surcoat a good steaming. I'm guessing the best way is to remove the garments to avoid having the heat and moisture from the steam possibly damage other parts of the costume/components?

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn?t take the chance of steamer on pleather. Take the robes and cape off. I really
Love this figure. First figure I ever left batteries in and might try to mod to a usb plug.

Missed out on this during the initial release and then aftermarket prices in Canada started to climb north of $800 so I figured I missed out.

As luck would have it a local collector was looking for an older Enterbay figure that I had and we worked out a trade.

Such an awesome figure and so glad I was able to get it!
47418b38a2e436654fcda1c0c9c86e34.jpg
5495dcc0005786bb80ee51204671e9cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Back