HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is because people asked replacements for anything, no matter how small the damage was, sometimes even when there was no real damage. Just look in various threads all over this forum or on FB and see what I mean. But you do whatever you want. The easiest way it to simply put a bit of silver paint on the tusk and call it even, but you can ask for replacement or some $ (though you could end up with a worse product). It is your figure in the end.

And that is how the cape was made

I understand what you mean now. And thanks for the explanation on the cape.

So I ended up with two exclusives. I listed one on Ebay last week and it sold quickly for what I paid for it, so all was well until the buyer refused to pay, and refused to agree to cancel the transaction. Man, I don't know why I even list things there, it really sucks now-a-days, well, honestly it's always sucked.

I would just sell it on here but I haven't upped my membership since it ran out last year. :slap

So I ended up with two exclusives. I listed one on Ebay last week and it sold quickly for what I paid for it, so all was well until the buyer refused to pay, and refused to agree to cancel the transaction. Man, I don't know why I even list things there, it really sucks now-a-days, well, honestly it's always sucked.

I would just sell it on here but I haven't upped my membership since it ran out last year. :slap

I had to list a 1/4 Joker SE FIVE TIMES before it actually sold to a real person. I kid you not, I messaged one buyer after no payment for two days asking when they were gonna settle up (third time trying to sell it’s) and the legitimately messaged me back saying they just bid so their friend wouldn’t have to buy it or ruin their eBay rep. This is after setting my account to not take bids from folks with less than five transactions or less than 90 days old.

Lost money when I finally sold it too.

I had to list a 1/4 Joker SE FIVE TIMES before it actually sold to a real person. I kid you not, I messaged one buyer after no payment for two days asking when they were gonna settle up (third time trying to sell it’s) and the legitimately messaged me back saying they just bid so their friend wouldn’t have to buy it or ruin their eBay rep. This is after setting my account to not take bids from folks with less than five transactions or less than 90 days old.

Lost money when I finally sold it too.

I now right? What really sticks in my crawl is there is zero accountability for such actions, and there definitely should be!

I tried to hold out (mainly because I didn't want to start collecting another scale), but I finally broke down and ordered the exclusive.

Straight out of the box, I was initially a little disappointed, as he looked very toyish. But once you get him appropriately "futzed," he looks like a man in a suit.

And c'mon, it's Darth ****ing Vader.

View attachment 477033

I am curious for anyone who owns this guy... what kinds of "futzing" do you need to do
to get him looking better once you get him unboxed?

This pic looks great, just not sure what was done.

I am curious for anyone who owns this guy... what kinds of "futzing" do you need to do
to get him looking better once you get him unboxed?

This pic looks great, just not sure what was done.

The easiest is to steam the cape to remove the wrinkles. You can also buff him up a bit

Hello guys,
The chest box lights have frozen and stopped blinking because of low batteries,
Do you know how long is your blinking time? I change batteries after 15-20 minutes..
It is okay or maybe there is a better brand for button cells ?

Thanks for your help.

Yikes when unboxing one tusk is missing and the light part of the base came off maybe not glued on right smh. Man the QC is terrible in this figure but the figure is beautiful.

Yikes when unboxing one tusk is missing and the light part of the base came off maybe not glued on right smh. Man the QC is terrible in this figure but the figure is beautiful.

Yeah that seemed to be a common issue with the tusks being wrapped. Just out of curiosity, did you buy the regular or exclusive version? I bought the regular edition and my tusks were fine, however, I know a lot of the exclusives had the issue of one or both if the tusks falling off

It is a great figure I have to steam the cape and tunic to get the wrinkles out.
c175f18f6def261e27b01402eef7bdbf.jpg

Does Any one know, if the 1/4 scale hot toys stormtrooper will ever be released or has it been canceled?

That’s a great pose. I still have mine boxed up but need to get him on display soon. I haven’t checked the various hand options in detail yet, but can anyone tell me if you are able to put him in the classic double handed saber pose that is depicted on the front of the original vintage kenner figure card?

Back