HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said in another thread, the HT is more accurate than the Iron Studios Vader, but in the end Iron Studios remains my favorite Vader statue/figure in scale, it is simply so impressive than you cannot pass by it and not catch your eyes. IS is even better in my eyes than the recently acquired Attakus Vader 1, which many consider a grail on its own. Iron Studios Vader is still king in my books.

Got it! THanks !

What is the next hot toys Star Wars in 1/4 that is planned? I am hoping for a return of the Jedi Luke. Would go great with this Vader.

I don?t know why it?s taken so long for them to release the 1/4 Stormtrooper. They were teased with Vader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the next hot toys Star Wars in 1/4 that is planned? I am hoping for a return of the Jedi Luke. Would go great with this Vader.

I'd bet that we'll see a 1/4 scale Darth Maul at some point. They've already double (triple if you count the release with the Speeder) dipped on the 1/6th scale version.

I hope they will finally release the 1/4 Stormtrooper. It is long overdue

Got it! THanks !

:)

T-Hanks.jpg

The QS Stormtrooper is definitely way overdue! But if we are throwing out QS figures, I would absolutely love a QS ROTS Anakin with both Jedi and Sith heads!

Ahoy!
Can't get enough of this figure...
Nearly done with the ANH hands set, then on to the shoulder armor. Compiling images for a 'how-to' in my customs thread (maybe in a week or so..).
Cheers,
Ahab

Attachments

• anvader1.jpg
    anvader1.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 325
Thanks, Man!

Three gloves left on the first pass then a little touch up and thin piping along the opening of the gloves. A tedious undertaking (these hands) but I'm happy to have this option. Many mods to go:)

Attachments

• anhvad2.jpg
    anhvad2.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 545
Sorry for reposting. But initial post was on the eve of new year, so I think most did not see it (Actually I got one reply).
I have encountered some issues which I want to know if they are worth bothering or contacting customer service.
1-On-off level on left belt box does not go to the end. Its on position is right at the end where it should be. But when I want to turn it off, it doesn't go further than midpoint. Does this position turn it off? Yes. So, it functions properly, but behaves faulty.
2-This is related to me, not the figure. I removed the chest box cover but I can't push it back to the end. One of the pegs does not go to the end how much I push. When it enters, another one pulls out as the underplate is curved, but it's not. Did it happen to you?
3-This is very minor I think. The HS stand's base came out a little bit loosened. I didn't put it apart to see what's the problem. Instead, I applied pressure to connect them. It is fine now. Is this a big fault?
4-About the joints. This is my first figure with ratcheted joints, so don't have experience with them. Most of the joints behave the same (they move with little force, but you feel the racheting, not making any hard sound) which I consider as normal. Now, right shoulder forward movement makes very clunky noises and stiff. I'm worried of breaking it. Will it be loosened by the time? And outward movement on the left shoulder is very soft. Compared to right one, it skips 1st ratchet and settles on 2nd. When closing however, it can settle on 1st ratchet. Are these joint issues important to contact SSC?

Hi Sithocan,
The one issue you stated above that looks like something you should pursue, is the chest box not sitting flush. That is something that's visibly "off" and should be corrected.
If the belt boxes work, and the ratcheted joints (though soft or noisy) still function within reasonable limits, those issues seem less concerning.
If you don't feel comfortable troubleshooting the chest box issue (i.e. cutting the pegs down etc..) then I'd ask for a replacement of that part.
My chest box electronics were faulty. No matter how many fresh batteries I tried, it would function for 2 minutes then freeze into a set position. I read that that is due to low batteries, but that was not the case with mine. $600 bucks is a good chunk of change... you should be satisfied with your purchase.
Cheers,
Ahab

Sorry for reposting. But initial post was on the eve of new year, so I think most did not see it (Actually I got one reply).
I have encountered some issues which I want to know if they are worth bothering or contacting customer service.
1-On-off level on left belt box does not go to the end. Its on position is right at the end where it should be. But when I want to turn it off, it doesn't go further than midpoint. Does this position turn it off? Yes. So, it functions properly, but behaves faulty.
2-This is related to me, not the figure. I removed the chest box cover but I can't push it back to the end. One of the pegs does not go to the end how much I push. When it enters, another one pulls out as the underplate is curved, but it's not. Did it happen to you?
3-This is very minor I think. The HS stand's base came out a little bit loosened. I didn't put it apart to see what's the problem. Instead, I applied pressure to connect them. It is fine now. Is this a big fault?
4-About the joints. This is my first figure with ratcheted joints, so don't have experience with them. Most of the joints behave the same (they move with little force, but you feel the racheting, not making any hard sound) which I consider as normal. Now, right shoulder forward movement makes very clunky noises and stiff. I'm worried of breaking it. Will it be loosened by the time? And outward movement on the left shoulder is very soft. Compared to right one, it skips 1st ratchet and settles on 2nd. When closing however, it can settle on 1st ratchet. Are these joint issues important to contact SSC?

This is an expensive piece so if i were you i'd be contacting SS for replacement chest plate and belt box parts...

Joints are different on every figure but as long as they're not loose i wouldn't be too worried.

Just picked up my Vader...and WOW is this impressive! Need to steam the robes but overall very happy with having this as a definitive Vader in my collection. I may try to bulk up the body a tad, but out of the box very little needed to be done with this.

Weird random question: but does anyone know if they sell this 1/4 Vader at Walt Disney World? Last time we were there was before Galaxy's Edge and they indeed did have some HT's for sell in the cargo bay, we are going back next week and just wondering if it might be there in one of the new shops.

Weird random question: but does anyone know if they sell this 1/4 Vader at Walt Disney World? Last time we were there was before Galaxy's Edge and they indeed did have some HT's for sell in the cargo bay, we are going back next week and just wondering if it might be there in one of the new shops.

I was just there this weekend. Not only did they not have Vader, but they’ve eliminated a lot of the other figure stock as well.

I tried to hold out (mainly because I didn't want to start collecting another scale), but I finally broke down and ordered the exclusive.

Straight out of the box, I was initially a little disappointed, as he looked very toyish. But once you get him appropriately "futzed," he looks like a man in a suit.

And c'mon, it's Darth ****ing Vader.

DSC_8848.jpg

Back