Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW they needed to put that abomination TFA Chewy next to her on final product photos to manage her looking good :D

76958419_10156700491267344_7401515805461970944_o.jpg

78241476_10156700491322344_3566386223775744_o.jpg

The cloak/pads seem to have had a subtle color change from an off-white on the proto to a slightly pinkish taupe.

It's possible that's what has made the pads stitching a bit more visible as the thread isn't as well matched.

Was there so much yellow in the outfit?

There aren't many clear screencaps, but it looks like there's yellow, or a paler gold:

star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-10075.jpg

star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-10410.jpg

star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-10074.jpg

The shoulder stitching looks as though it ought to be the same colour as the dress and collar lining:

star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-10218.jpg

HT seems to taken some liberties in order to simplify the design.

It’s growing on me the more pictures I look at to be truthful. Prototype was probably better, but she still looks fairly good. The outfit actually wasn’t my concern as much as the sculpt. Main thing with the outfit I’d say is the stitching on the shoulder pads really sticks out, but I have a feeling that won’t be as noticeable on the shelf.

The face ain't great but it looks like it matches the source well enough.

Stitching won't play in hand like it does in gigantic close-up photos. So unless you plan to keep your eyeballs 6 inches away from this doll, she'll likely look fine.

Stitching won't play in hand like it does in gigantic close-up photos. So unless you plan to keep your eyeballs 6 inches away from this doll, she'll likely look fine.
Yep agreed. I don’t think people take this into account sometimes when looking at pictures. These extreme close-ups aren’t how you’ll be viewing the figure 99% of the time. Sometimes I don’t find the professional pictures all that useful if I’m being honest.

I'm happy to be getting this, it looks nice overall I think and the price is reasonable. The prototype stitching does look nicer and also when comparing the photos it looks like the trim around the fabric laying on her shoulders should match the solid crimson color of her outfit. Unfortunately it looks like the trim is a darker color on the HT figure.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there so much yellow in the outfit?

Looking at the outfit in the Costumes book you can see a hint of yellow and red in there, but it was much more subtle than what we see on the figure. Given the scale though it was probably unavoidable that the colors would stand out a lot more.

20191130_114841 (2).jpg

It kind of looks like there is a bit of a pink-ish hue even on the actual dress so that seems accurate. Seems like it stands out more on the figure. I thought it was more of an off white from the prototype pictures.

Yep agreed. I don?t think people take this into account sometimes when looking at pictures. These extreme close-ups aren?t how you?ll be viewing the figure 99% of the time. Sometimes I don?t find the professional pictures all that useful if I?m being honest.

Various types of lens distortion is a constant in all early pics too - everyone uses their phone with those wider angle lenses.

I'm just so over the moon to be getting a Leia Bespin at all. I couldn't believe they did it (I would NEVER have thought it was an outfit HT would take on) and was in shock when it ACTUALLY made it to PO.

People nitpicking the stitches don't seem to comprehend the miracle that has occurred here. This is a fig that should never have gotten made.

Various types of lens distortion is a constant in all early pics too - everyone uses their phone with those wider angle lenses.

I'm just so over the moon to be getting a Leia Bespin at all. I couldn't believe they did it (I would NEVER have thought it was an outfit HT would take on) and was in shock when it ACTUALLY made it to PO.

People nitpicking the stitches don't seem to comprehend the miracle that has occurred here. This is a fig that should never have gotten made.

Stitching is not a major complaint from me, more an observation. Same with the trim color around the shoulders. This costume probably isn't even among my top five for Leia, but I still like it a lot and thrilled it's something I can buy.

Yeah good point. I figured this would be about as likely to be made as her Ewok dress.

Nah, it had a Kenner figure and it's one of the three main heroes -- that instantly upped its chances. But it is still a bit of a surprise. I think the fact that it came before the Endor version and that there's still no Bespin Han or Lando I?m sight is what makes it all the more odd.

Ewok village Leia is completely unneeded.

Yeah, I am surprised there haven’t been any other Bespin figure reveals yet. This one seemed pretty out of left field even though I’m happy to be getting it. She barely wears this dress in ESB at all. Endor dress Leia I sort of doubt will happen, but I guess you never know.

Back