Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Sideshow still send out coupons after you place an order or no? It’s been a bit since I’ve ordered anything with them, but I never received one after ordering this set on Saturday. Unless it didn’t process all the way yet.

Does Sideshow still send out coupons after you place an order or no? It?s been a bit since I?ve ordered anything with them, but I never received one after ordering this set on Saturday. Unless it didn?t process all the way yet.

Some people apparently still get them, i haven't in a long time :dunno

Does Sideshow still send out coupons after you place an order or no? It’s been a bit since I’ve ordered anything with them, but I never received one after ordering this set on Saturday. Unless it didn’t process all the way yet.

I didn't get one for my Life Size The Child back in January.

I asked in the Codes thread in The Sandbox too and that kind of jogged my memory. I think the new thing has been that they send you one after the order is fulfilled and the rewards points apply. I want to say that happened with something I ordered a while back (maybe Bespin Leia).

Does Sideshow still send out coupons after you place an order or no? It?s been a bit since I?ve ordered anything with them, but I never received one after ordering this set on Saturday. Unless it didn?t process all the way yet.

I didn't get one for Krennic, by email or sticker, but I had ordered a restocked older Marvel figure and they added a $25 code to my wallet that worked for preorders. So yes, maybe?

Part of me is tempted to get a second Wicket to attempt to mod into another Ewok. Not sure if I have the guts to try anything though.

Wicket's just so noticeably shorter than regular Ewoks. I'm sure there's some other obscure Ewok that was Wicket's height, but I really want "adult" Ewoks like Logray and Paploo and they are maybe 1 1/2" taller than Wicket.

Hopefully now that HT has done Wicket the system can be used for a taller Ewok, maybe using the taller Jawa new body they just made.

Wicket's just so noticeably shorter than regular Ewoks. I'm sure there's some other obscure Ewok that was Wicket's height, but I really want "adult" Ewoks like Logray and Paploo and they are maybe 1 1/2" taller than Wicket.

Hopefully now that HT has done Wicket the system can be used for a taller Ewok, maybe using the taller Jawa new body they just made.
Agreed. I really want (at least) Chirpa and Logray or Teebo

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IMG_6546.jpg

Got my set today from Popcultcha! I'm so glad to finally have them in hand.

My thoughts: Leia is great, although I think that getting this same face sculpt the third time around is inexcusably cheap of Hot Toys. The tailoring is pretty good, although I feel that the shoulders of the waistcoat (?) are too puffy. And why do they have to put that impossible-to-remove plastic protection around the figure's chest? Well, I get why - but, I hate that it's so difficult to remove.

Wicket is pretty good - better than I expected, but not a home-run for me. I see that it's Wicket, but it just doesn't nail his look IMO. Still, I'm super glad to have him, and hope we get more Ewoks!

Now - bring on Endor Han - and Bespin Han, etc... ;)

I wish you lot would stop posting all these awesome trio shots...its making it very difficult to not buy them all in one go.

Yeah, Wicket onscreen is a blend of cute teddy and creepy old man (his face is sort of weird looking) - this fig seems to nail only the first one to me. He has the cuddly plush toy look, but not that "real animal" wildman face.

But... will wait until it's in hand in a week or two.

View attachment 492341
Got my set today from Popcultcha! I'm so glad to finally have them in hand.

Mine shipped out from Popcultcha last Friday, but now seems to be stuck in Melb. With the virus situation over there right now, it might be stuck there for a while! I just hope Aust Post manage to get it out of Vic this week. Definitely looking forward to adding the pair to stand beside Luke too in the display!

Mine shipped out from Popcultcha last Friday, but now seems to be stuck in Melb. With the virus situation over there right now, it might be stuck there for a while! I just hope Aust Post manage to get it out of Vic this week. Definitely looking forward to adding the pair to stand beside Luke too in the display!

Oh ****... I didn't even put two and two together. I was hoping the solo Wicket would ship late next week but the whole area is in hard lockdown, so I assume nobody at work at PC and much less postal pick up.

Yeah, Wicket onscreen is a blend of cute teddy and creepy old man (his face is sort of weird looking) - this fig seems to nail only the first one to me. He has the cuddly plush toy look, but not that "real animal" wildman face.

That's a really good observation. I think the creepy old man factor can be enhanced a bit with some fluffing of the facial hair to make it a bit more wild, but still won't get all the way there. With that said, I really love the figure and happy to see them do this well with a real fur figure.

I ordered a second Leia to display with the helmet and poncho but didn't realize what a ***** it would be to put the helmet on her without causing irreversible damage to the headsculpt. I settled for her holding it instead. Wish they had gone with a different two piece design for the helmet instead of this design which you have to force onto the head.

:slap

...I do think you will be pleasantly surprised. But no guarantees;-)

I hope you get yours soon! I?m looking forward to your review 😃

I ordered a second Leia to display with the helmet and poncho but didn't realize what a ***** it would be to put the helmet on her without causing irreversible damage to the headsculpt. I settled for her holding it instead. Wish they had gone with a different two piece design for the helmet instead of this design which you have to force onto the head.

:slap

That's why once it's on, it's staying on. Forever.

Quick pics of the Endor Heroes. Sorely missing Endor Han...

This is the stuff I get excited about from HT when it comes to Star Wars! Wish they would focus more on the OT stuff personally.

I Love Wicket. Pretty impressed with him! Better in hand than I thought he'd be. Might mat up his facial hair a bit more though.

Hope Hot Toys does more ewoks. Would like to see Chirpa and Logray or Teebo

Still deciding where I'm going go put these guys though... Thinking the big glass cabinet is going to get a major Star Wars overhaul soon....maybe. FB_IMG_1596654596679.jpgFB_IMG_1596654593574.jpgFB_IMG_1596654586610.jpgIMG_20200805_140759_370.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back