Hot Toys Power Pose Iron Man review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry I missed my mid-week update - my kids had a swiw/dive meet on Tuesday afternoon, followed by a band concert that evening, which resulted in my spending 5 hours at their school. It was more fun than it might sound, but it meant no time for the site.

I figured I'd make up for it tonight with not one but TWO reviews, both of new Hot Toys figures. First up is the Man of Steel Jor-El, which sports an amazing portrait...and a heck of a price tag, considering what you're getting.

I'm following that up with a look at their first Power Pose figure, the Iron Man MK XLII from Iron Man 3. We'll also be discussing the Power Pose series on the next Hot Toys Cast, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on this new line.

You can find my reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a terrific weekend!

Michael
MWC

I'm still on the fence about this one but I enjoyed the review. I agree, if it were $50 or so cheaper I wouldn't hesitate but at $160 I'm just not sure it's worth it.

I think they'd make a lot more money overall on this if it were say $129?

as a side note, I picked uo the Kotobukiya Mk 42 for $80.99 shipped on Ebay today.

Like I said in the review, I'm very interested in hearing people's thoughts on the Power Pose line in general. Is it something that meets your needs?

My view was, I loved the pose and it's nearly half the price of the diecast (a line which won't be out for some time and people are already questionable about any way). So I ordered it.

I wouldn't be surprised if you won't find a few of them for less than retail once it's been out awhile. Personally I'm not hugely picky, if I like the way it looks, I'm good. But I'm sure a number of more serious collectors will be put off by the weight.

Agree with Cof. If it looks good on my shelf when displayed next to the MMS line - I'm good. And this PPS looks fantastic. Weight means nothing to me, in fact I prefer it to be light as I wouldn't want a heavy figure in a flight pose shelf diving or warping the post it's sitting on over time.

Like I said in the review, I'm very interested in hearing people's thoughts on the Power Pose line in general. Is it something that meets your needs?

Im all for Power Poses, Im just not into collecting IM. If they did Batman I would be all over them. They work great with IM because the armor designs just look so good.

It would be cool if they made power poses for Marks 1-7 specifically for people that just want to pose them in their hall of armor. A cheaper alternative for a figure that just sits in there. Perfect for those that missed out on a particular armor.

I got my Power Pose PPS001 a day ago. I truly like this better than the regular HT. I guess coming from a statue background I like these better. Hope to see more of these soon.
I will post my review and pics in the next day or two.

I know a lot of collectors poo poo'd this figure because it isn't as posbale, but I would buy a lot more IM figures if they were $160. Posable or not.

I love the HB armor, but really can't justify about $300 for it (shipping and tax in CA). And honestly, how posable are most IM figures anyway?

I'd like to know how much IM figures would retail at if HT decided to get rid of the LED feature. After the first unboxing they pretty much never get turned on.

LOL I was thinking that the other day, with the whole "remove all the batteries or they will corrode and ruin your figure" discussion. I mean, what's the point really?

Agree Cof. I've yet to have any batteries erode/explode and I've been putting off taking them out forever. I know it's a matter of time but just thinking about how time consuming that will be puts me off lol.

Anyhoo, I'm sure if they never had this feature we the fans would be clamoring to see it in at least one figure - the grass being greener and all that. But having this feature with crap batteries I can easily say I wouldn't mind seeing it go if it would save 25/50 bucks at retail.

I would definitely be interested in more armors if they were power-poses, and I'd be willing to forego LED function just to have 1/6 armors to complete a Hall of Armor look. Still undecided on Red Snapper with the price being close to MMS though.

Back