Hot Toys - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Reva (Third Sister)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was okay with the character. The writing overall could have been better for all the characters. That said, this sculpt is fantastic. I think she looks great next to Darth Vader and the GI. I'm definitely tempted.

I thought she was terrific in The Queen’s Gambit and anyone not happy with Kenobi should give that show a try. One of the best shows in a long time.
I also give her a great deal of credit for having the courage to take on a role that she knew was going to have a great deal of backlash in the fan community. She was warned ahead of time and boy were they right.
I think the above poster who commented on the writing is most correct. I think every Star Wars since Jedi has existed not to tell a meaningful story that reflects the world we live in but to sell merchandise. In that, it has been wildly successful.

Somewhat off-topic, but I saw this actress in the Tragedy of Macbeth this weekend, and though she had a small role, she was really, really good in it. I thought she was mediocre in Kenobi, but she's got some acting chops. . . not sure if it was an issue of motivation, or direction and writing, or what.
Not every actor can play ever role is the issue.

I don't get who people are comparing her too, she is a brand new character, and a good one!(how was she to be portrayed?)
Yet we get a glimpse of an alien for example like two tubes in a few seconds of film and people are in ecstasy and want their characters explored, the mind boggles 🙄
Are we any closer to an announcement for PO yet?

All the 1/6 Youtubers I've seen kill me with the passive-aggressive attitude about this whole thing, especially when we caught the sneaky peek of Reva on the Grand Inquisitor preview.

"Well, let's talk about the elephant in the room..."
"Uh oh, here's the controversy!..."
“I’m happy for those that do get the figure…”

Cut the crap, Figure Bros 😄. On the off-chance that this is another Kit Fisto or Padme and doesn’t go up for Pre-Order then you can pop the Champagne…or it’s just one less figure you have to buy.

For a significant time, I put responsibility of poor acting on badwriting and bad directing, mostly.
This is true of many actors. Take Tom Cruise for example: most of his performances prior to A Few Good Men were garbage; it wasn’t until he started getting work with top-notch directors did he become a fairly competent actor. (I know a lot of people will disagree — especially about that overrated movie Top Gun — but his acting sucked even in that movie).

I thought she was terrific in The Queen’s Gambit and anyone not happy with Kenobi should give that show a try. One of the best shows in a long time.

Oh no, was Reva the girl in Queen's Gambit? Had no idea. Loved that series. I actually haven't been impressed with anything Anna Taylor-Joy has done since, sadly.

Yeah that’s an amazing head sculpt, however I can’t order something that just looks cool not on my budget. I have to at least like the character let alone the show lol. The only one I got is Vader out of that whole series just for some new display options lol

Somewhat off-topic, but I saw this actress in the Tragedy of Macbeth this weekend, and though she had a small role, she was really, really good in it. I thought she was mediocre in Kenobi, but she's got some acting chops. . . not sure if it was an issue of motivation, or direction and writing, or what.
Probably 99% writing, there's only so much great actors can do with a script like kenobi

Probably 99% writing, there's only so much great actors can do with a script like kenobi
Ewan MacGregor is a terrific actor but look how awful he is in The Phantom Menace thanks to Lucas’ bad writing and actor unfriendly direction. Luckily, he improved with each performance despite the material.

I thought she played the quieter moments really well, it was just when she had to bark orders or be an intimidating badass that it didn't work. But to be fair all the Inquisitors came off pretty bad in that show and were cheesy as hell.
I guess every actor has their limits, some can be fantastic at one thing but terrible at another. She was miscast but then again I thought all the inquisitors were miscast. I do think though that a lot of it was down to direction and script. An exceptional actor can make it work but they are few and far between.

To me, I can separate the figure from the source material. I own a bunch of figures from movies/shows I have no love for. This figure looks like it is quite well done and has a great head sculpt so may get it on discount (same with Grand Inquisitor and the others if they get made). A good figure is a good figure.

I thought Rupert Friend did a pretty good job considering the awful material he was saddled with. But yes even Brando or Nicholson or Pacino were miscast or truly awful in certain films.

Ewan MacGregor is a terrific actor but look how awful he is in The Phantom Menace thanks to Lucas’ bad writing and actor unfriendly direction. Luckily, he improved with each performance despite the material.
Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Ewan etc can act but no one would think it watching the Phantom Menace. Direction is a big factor. IIRC Hayden batted heads with Lucas because he didn't want to do the performance all whiney but that was what George wanted so that is what we got. The prequels were poorly acted, directed, scripted etc etc but there was at least a good story and some very imaginative designs in there. Gotta love them for that. The films gave us so many great figures so I am happy for that.

As for Kenobi show Reva, I do think that a helmet would help the look of the figure. Or maybe a mask. Something to boost the cool factor. But of corse that head is too well done to cover up. I think using the head for another figure and having a helmeted head on this one will really make for great display. Maybe use the HT reva head for a custom "what if?" style Jedi Reva or something.

Back