Hot Toys new TTM20-22: HT heads that fit without mods?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogli

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I was planning on buying the new Hot Toys Truetype bodies coming out soon (TTM20, 21, and 22), but I'm confused as to what heads might fit them without modifications.

I saw you have to shave down the neck adapter to get the DX12 Bruce Wayne head on a normal Truetype, and also the Red Skull Hugo Weaving head. Is this the case with all extra heads that come with Hot Toys, such as the Steve Rogers head with the new Captain America? I was hoping to use extra heads from newer Hot Toys without modding if I can avoid it.

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it! And sorry, I know there is info on the boards related to some of this, but I can't find exact answers very well, even after searching.

Last edited:
I would think that the new bodies will not be any different than the old bodies so basic heads will fit on them, you might still have to modify the newer heads to fit.

Basically hot toys is greedy so basically they aren't retooling anything. They are charging you double of what the bodies used to cost and they are not even including a head for you so you can damn well bet they are not putting money into tweaking any old Molds.

I would think that the new bodies will not be any different than the old bodies so basic heads will fit on them, you might still have to modify the newer heads to fit.

Basically hot toys is greedy so basically they aren't retooling anything. They are charging you double of what the bodies used to cost and they are not even including a head for you so you can damn well bet they are not putting money into tweaking any old Molds.

:lecture:lecture This :lecture:lecture

But if they'd have come with heads we'd complain the price was too high and that we don't need multiple copies of the same head and they should have been offered without heads. Companies can never win with us. We always want the opposite of what they offer :lol

Thanks very much for the reply. That's really too bad, I didn't know all the newer heads wouldn't fit. I know the mods aren't too difficult and I can ask for help here, but it still seems unreasonable. The high price feels even less worth it now. :(

But if they'd have come with heads we'd complain the price was too high and that we don't need multiple copies of the same head and they should have been offered without heads. Companies can never win with us. We always want the opposite of what they offer :lol
And it's too bad, all I wanted was to stick on any Hot Toys head I wanted without sanding or reshaping anything. :( Generic heads would've been a nice bonus, but not if it made the price go up (even though they raised the price anyway lol). I'm confused, what heads did they expect us to attach to the bodies, just the old heads? I don't understand their logic. :/

And it's too bad, all I wanted was to stick on any Hot Toys head I wanted without sanding or reshaping anything. :( Generic heads would've been a nice bonus, but not if it made the price go up (even though they raised the price anyway lol). I'm confused, what heads did they expect us to attach to the bodies, just the old heads? I don't understand their logic. :/

Extra bodies for HT bodies that comes with 2 head options ... like Avenger's Cap, DX13's BD T800, Red Skull, DX11's Joker.... These releases are more "standard TT"

than

For example DX12 and Mk.7's Stark head.

Extra bodies for HT bodies that comes with 2 head options ... like Avenger's Cap, DX13's BD T800, Red Skull, DX11's Joker.... These releases are more "standard TT"

than

For example DX12 and Mk.7's Stark head.
Oh I see what you mean, that makes sense. Still, I wonder if there's another reason why they don't want people to use these bodies with the spare heads? Or was it just laziness on their part? It feels like they should at least make a line of heads to pick from then (I know that won't happen haha), because without modding I don't have many heads I want to use that would fit. D:

Last edited:

Yup. The whining is incessant. :lecture:lecture:lecture

I'm trying to decide what I want to be mad about. Should I be mad there's no more useless Gambit heads I wasn't planning on using anyway? Should I be mad because I wanted another vauge resemblance to another useless character or actor? If they changed something I could've been mad about that, but they didn't change anything, so now I'm kinda mad about that.

I feel nauseous.

w2NWH.jpg

Stupid question that may be a bit offtopic but.. will the DX12 Bruce Wayne head fit on this? If not, what mods need to be done? I am very clumsy so I'd like to avoid modding as much as possible..

Stupid question that may be a bit offtopic but.. will the DX12 Bruce Wayne head fit on this? If not, what mods need to be done? I am very clumsy so I'd like to avoid modding as much as possible..
No worries, that's actually perfectly on-topic lol. :)

The DX12 Wayne head won't fit directly on these spare bodies, you first have to pop out the neck adapter in the DX12 Wayne head (some people heat it with a hairdryer first), then you have to shave down the peg of the neck adapter that comes with the spare body, to get it to fit inside the DX12 Wayne neck. I think you need to change the neck adapter like this because the ball that extends from the body of the DX12 into the neck is smaller than the ball for the spare bodies.

I think I got my info right, here are some links which helped me: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119064

Here is a link to the sanding/modding of the standard neck adapter so it fits into the DX12 Wayne head: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5179669#post5179669

Thanks to Maglor for all the stuff he posted! :D

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide what I want to be mad about. Should I be mad there's no more useless Gambit heads I wasn't planning on using anyway? Should I be mad because I wanted another vauge resemblance to another useless character or actor? If they changed something I could've been mad about that, but they didn't change anything, so now I'm kinda mad about that.

I feel nauseous.
I don't even care much about the generic heads honestly, I just wanted to fit any Hot Toys head available onto these spare bodies. This whole thread was created so I could pre-plan which heads I would have to mod and which would fit as they are. I like to know what I'm getting for $60+ dollars, if the info is out there. A generic head certainly would've been a nice bonus, but it never was a deal-breaker for me.

I guess I'm ok with modding, and I'll still buy a body or two, but I don't get the logic in why the neck joints aren't universal. But whatever, I'll simply adjust my plans accordingly. :)

Last edited:
I'm not crying about the loss of generic heads personally that is unless they attempted to give us something TRULY awesome like a Daniel Craig Bond or a Rocky/Rambo or something that more than 6 people will want to bash something out of (like Obama or Gambit)

I'm crying that it's the lack of heads and HIGHER prices than every before. They come with less they should cost less. But Hot TOys knows we will buy them anyway, you can't blame them afterall they are a business, but it downright pisses me off and I think it's a justified complaint.

No worries, that's actually perfectly on-topic lol. :)

The DX12 Wayne head won't fit directly on these spare bodies, you first have to pop out the neck adapter in the DX12 Wayne head (some people heat it with a hairdryer first), then you have to shave down the peg of the neck adapter that comes with the spare body, to get it to fit inside the DX12 Wayne neck. I think you need to change the neck adapter like this because the ball that extends from the body of the DX12 into the neck is smaller than the ball for the spare bodies.

I think I got my info right, here are some links which helped me: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119064

Here is a link to the sanding/modding of the standard neck adapter so it fits into the DX12 Wayne head: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5179669#post5179669

Thanks to Maglor for all the stuff he posted! :D

Thanks alot! Bookmarked this post for when my bodies arrive :)

I'm not crying about the loss of generic heads personally that is unless they attempted to give us something TRULY awesome like a Daniel Craig Bond or a Rocky/Rambo or something that more than 6 people will want to bash something out of (like Obama or Gambit)

I'm crying that it's the lack of heads and HIGHER prices than every before. They come with less they should cost less. But Hot TOys knows we will buy them anyway, you can't blame them afterall they are a business, but it downright pisses me off and I think it's a justified complaint.
Wow, if it came with a Daniel Craig likeness, I would've bought it just for that. I wasn't collecting Hot Toys when the first base bodies came out, so I don't know how much they raised the prices, but it's really weird there is no extra head and does feel kinda cheap of them, especially since the prices went up, and since you guys tell me it's not compatible with any new HT heads. All this adding up made me cut down on how many I'm gonna get. Guess I'll check out Kumik heads or something lol.

Last edited:
Thanks alot! Bookmarked this post for when my bodies arrive :)
Sure! I'll probably post about this again when I get the bodies and try to make my mods, I hope it isn't too difficult! xD

Back