Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It comes with the chair. What I don't understand is the price! Every figure from Iron Man 3 had been close to $300! WTF hot toys. Man of steel figures are $50 cheaper! This is a great figure but not $50 better!

It comes with the chair. What I don't understand is the price! Every figure from Iron Man 3 had been close to $300! WTF hot toys. Man of steel figures are $50 cheaper! This is a great figure but not $50 better!
What are you even talking about? :lol This figure is cheaper than most of the Iron Man 3 figures and most of the Man of Steel figures other than Superman.

Want to show me where? Here in Australia it is $270 plus shipping. I paid less for my man of steel figures.

Want to show me where? Here in Australia it is $270 plus shipping. I paid less for my man of steel figures.

Here are 2 pics of the chair on the SS website

902077-the-mandarin-015.jpg

902077-the-mandarin-012.jpg

Plus there are a few pics of him sitting in the chair.

Here is the list of What it comes with

What's in the Box?

Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Sir Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin in Iron Man 3
Movie-accurate facial features with detailed beard, wrinkles and skin texture
Approximately 28 cm tall
Body with over 30 points of articulation
Seven (7) interchangeable palms with rings including:
One (1) pair relaxed palms
One (1) pair of fists
One (1) pair of open palms
One (1) posed right palm
Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
One (1) black tee
One (1) light brown vest with dark green trim
One (1) patterned waistband
One (1) embroidered dark green robe with bronze color trim and hood
One (1) pair of camouflage pants with golden dragon embroidery
One (1) pair of army green boots
One (1) Chinese style antique chair
One (1) pair of sunglasses
Figure stand with The Mandarin nameplate and the movie logo

Here is a link to the Mandarin on the SS website

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-the-mandarin-hot-toys-902077/

The chair is included.

I just saw the movie few days ago
now I understand why many people hate this character :rotfl

Well I finally saw the movie last night and I can see why some people are so angry, they essentially turned IM's arch nemesis into a joke. Kinda makes this figure pointless IMO, I mean after that reveal are people really gonna pose this guy with Loki and Red Skull?

He is one of the few figures I'm on the fence about. Just not sure if it makes sense having him with monger and whiplash since well....but the figure looks great so I'll probably get him if he doesn't sell out before releases and I don't think he will.

I loved the movie, but seriously, HT must have crapped their pants when they saw what this character turned out to be.

They would have sold 10x as many, if he'd actually been a bad a$$ villain.

...and the bad part is he did start out as an awesomely badass villian.

I don't completely dislike what they did but it was gratuitous. No need for more comedic relief when you already had RDJ with his antics with the 42 all through the movie.

I had no idea what was going to happen when I saw the movie on opening night....but I had a feeling something odd was up, because in all of the previews they showed The Mandarin threaten Tony, but they never showed him actually doing anything like fighting, etc.

And I also wondered why in the world Tony would need so many suits to fight one guy.

I had no idea what was going to happen when I saw the movie on opening night....but I had a feeling something odd was up, because in all of the previews they showed The Mandarin threaten Tony, but they never showed him actually doing anything like fighting, etc.

And I also wondered why in the world Tony would need so many suits to fight one guy.

So Hot Toys can sell all of them instead of all the Mandarians they lost with him being a joke.

I am happy to buy this figure because I am now going by the "Mr. Freeze" principle. In other words...The character in the movie was not great, but as a 1:6 scale figure, it would look totally amazing.

I think I'm going to get it because the sculpt looks great, the costume is awesome and it's friggin Ben Kingsley. Once I get a Vito Corleone and Nick fury, I'll have several of the greatest/my favorite actors of the last 40 years in hot toy/ 1/6 form... Kingsley, Sam Jackson, Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, etc. I like having truly epic actors as amazing toys, even if what Marvel did with the Mandarin was as a character is sacrilegious. I just like to imagine that the figure is the Mandarin that should have been and Kingsley would have been incredible as and was incredible as for the first part of huge movie.

But because of where they went in the movie, I'm surprised they aren't making an Aldrich Killian.

I've never been that much of a Iron Man fan before the movies, so I didn't mind the twist that much (found it quite brilliant, actually :wink1:), but I get where some of you are coming from. Anyway, whether you like the twist or not, I think it's an outstanding figure and a definite PO for me.
But because of where they went in the movie, I'm surprised they aren't making an Aldrich Killian.
Yeah, a Killian would complement this figure quite nicely as a "mysterious figure behind the throne" or something like that.

Back